2021-05-22

< jonatack> (correction, visible to me on the libera #bitcoin-core-dev and #bitcoin-wizards, not here)
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] rnicoll closed pull request #21998: test: Set mock time before creating block (master...validate-block-test-time) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21998
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master be41716 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#21953: fuzz: Add utxo_snapshot target
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #21953: fuzz: Add utxo_snapshot target (master...2104-assumeutxoCrash02) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21953
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa91994 MarcoFalke: fuzz: Add utxo_snapshot target
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/eb4df9a628bd...be4171679b8e
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #22022: Final backports for 0.21.2rc1 (0.21...2105-21_2_backports) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22022
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonatack opened pull request #22021: rpc: bumpfee/psbtbumpfee fixes and updates (master...bumpfee-psbt-doc-fixes) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22021

2021-05-21

< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 opened pull request #22019: wallet: Introduce SelectionResult for encapsulating a coin selection solution (master...selectionresult) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22019
< bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto opened pull request #342: wallet: Move wallets loading out from the main GUI thread (master...210521-wallet) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/342
< core-meetingbot> topic: Bitcoin Core development discussion and commit log | Feel free to watch, but please take commentary and usage questions to #bitcoin | Channel logs: http://www.erisian.com.au/bitcoin-core-dev/, http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/ | Meeting topics http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt / http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedwalletmeetingtopics.txt
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17331 | Use effective values throughout coin selection by achow101 · Pull Request #17331 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21576 | rpc: bumpfee signer support by Sjors · Pull Request #21576 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22007 | wallet: add destination (output) and bump fee · Issue #22007 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21576 | rpc: bumpfee signer support by Sjors · Pull Request #21576 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< achow101> #bitcoin-core-dev Wallet Meeting: achow101 aj amiti ariard bluematt cfields Chris_Stewart_5 digi_james dongcarl elichai2 emilengler fanquake fjahr gleb glozow gmaxwell gwillen hebasto instagibbs jamesob jb55 jeremyrubin jl2012 jnewbery jonasschnelli jonatack jtimon kallewoof kanzure kvaciral lightlike luke-jr maaku marcofalke meshcollider michagogo moneyball morcos nehan NicolasDorier paveljanik petertodd phantomcircuit promag
< core-meetingbot> Meeting started Fri May 21 19:02:57 2021 UTC. The chair is achow101. Information about MeetBot at https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings.
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 opened pull request #22017: Update Windows code signing certificate (master...2021-win-codesign-cert) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22017
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Sjors opened pull request #22016: rpc: add period_start to version bits statistics (master...2021/05/versionbits_period_start) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22016
< vasild> I think IRC is autmatically filtering people that find it hard to setup from joining here and suggesting bitcoin switches to POS or changes the 21M supply...
< vincenzopalazzo> I think that the accessibility should be a good things in any case. Give the possibility to all the people to join e read all the event that happen in bitcoin dev is a good starting point I think
< jonatack> "we really want to support your community to migrate smoothly to v3 (or less traumatizing as possible). We can coordinate with the Tor Comms team to have social media posts when v2 onion support is removed from bitcoin core."
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #22014: Make m_cs_fee_estimator non-recursive (master...210521-fees) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22014
< Kiminuo> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21850/checks?check_run_id=2637023151 - Guys, is this a genuine error or is it that timeout issue? I tend to think it's an error on my side but I can see "Test function timed out" and that confuses me a bit.
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #22004: fuzz: Speed up transaction fuzz target (master...2105-fuzzTx) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22004
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master eb4df9a MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#22004: fuzz: Speed up transaction fuzz target
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master bbbb518 MarcoFalke: fuzz: Speed up transaction fuzz target
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/ac5f7f47c16f...eb4df9a628bd
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #21936: fuzz: Terminate immediately if a fuzzing harness tries to create a TCP socket (belt and suspenders) (master...terminate-on-tcp-socket) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21936
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master ac5f7f4 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#21936: fuzz: Terminate immediately if a fuzzing harn...
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 393992b practicalswift: fuzz: Terminate immediately if a fuzzing harness ever tries to create a TC...
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/1cc38d3e01c7...ac5f7f47c16f
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #22003: txmempool: add thread safety annotations (master...202105-mempoolguards) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22003
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1cc38d3 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#22003: txmempool: add thread safety annotations
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 793b268 Anthony Towns: txmempool: add thread safety annotations
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/18cf1c51652f...1cc38d3e01c7
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #21991: build: libevent 2.1.12-stable (master...libevent_2_1_12) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21991
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 18cf1c5 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#21991: build: libevent 2.1.12-stable
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f152c1a fanquake: build: libevent 2.1.12-stable
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/e2b55cd20103...18cf1c51652f
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ajtowns opened pull request #22013: net: ignore block-relay-only peers when skipping DNS seed (master...202105-ignoreblockrelayfordnsskip) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22013
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 opened pull request #22009: wallet: Decide which coin selection solution to use based on waste metric (master...cs-waste-2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22009

2021-05-20

< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e2b55cd Hennadii Stepanov: Merge bitcoin-core/gui#335: test: Use QSignalSpy instead of QEventLoop
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7eea659 Jarol Rodriguez: qt, test: use qsignalspy instead of qeventloop
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/710c8ba82953...e2b55cd20103
< bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto merged pull request #335: test: Use QSignalSpy instead of QEventLoop (master...apptest-spy) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/335
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 opened pull request #22008: wallet: Cleanup and refactor CreateTransactionInternal (master...refactor-createtx) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22008
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2a45134 Hennadii Stepanov: qt: Add shortcuts for console font resize buttons
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a2e122f Hennadii Stepanov: qt: Add GUIUtil::AddButtonShortcut
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/37e9f07996d3...710c8ba82953
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 4ee9ee7 Hennadii Stepanov: qt: Use native presentation of shortcut
< bitcoin-git> [gui] laanwj merged pull request #281: set shortcuts for console's resize buttons (master...mul-shortcuts-resize) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/281
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21931 | ci: Bump cirrus fuzz CPUs to avoid timeout by MarcoFalke · Pull Request #21931 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< sipa> jonatack: am i missing something here? https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21843#discussion_r636431728
< core-meetingbot> topic: Bitcoin Core development discussion and commit log | Feel free to watch, but please take commentary and usage questions to #bitcoin | Channel logs: http://www.erisian.com.au/bitcoin-core-dev/, http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/ | Meeting topics http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt / http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedwalletmeetingtopics.txt
< michaelfolkson> lightlike: I'm not sure from the CI on a PR. But many bugs found by fuzzing generally https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-devwiki/wiki/Fuzz-Trophies
< achow101> We have created Bitcoin Core Code Signing LLC registerd in Delaware and the cert will be issued to this new LLC
< BlueMatt> (the actual freenode admins have been fairly friendly to bitcoin stuff, at least after a *ton* of effort on the part of some of the #bitcoin mods, most of those admins have moved to libera now)
< BlueMatt> michaelfolkson: the people behind the freenode acquisition have been known hostile to bitcoin for years, I kinda suggested moving, but wasnt worth the effort, this seems like a good excuse more than anything.
< provoostenator> https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/4 HWW GUI support would be cool, though technically doesn't block anything
< wumpus> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8 : currently 9 blockers, no bugfixes, no chasing concept ACK
< wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: achow101 aj amiti ariard bluematt cfields Chris_Stewart_5 digi_james dongcarl elichai2 emilengler fanquake fjahr gleb glozow gmaxwell gwillen hebasto instagibbs jamesob jb55 jeremyrubin jl2012 jnewbery jonasschnelli jonatack jtimon kallewoof kanzure kvaciral lightlike luke-jr maaku marcofalke meshcollider michagogo moneyball morcos nehan NicolasDorier paveljanik
< core-meetingbot> Meeting started Thu May 20 19:02:05 2021 UTC. The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings.
< wumpus> created an issue wrt collecting torv3/i2p addresses in the crawler https://github.com/sipa/bitcoin-seeder/issues/92 even though there's no point in adding them to the actual DNS seeds, it would still be useful to have a way to keep tabs on them for the hardcoded seeds updates
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #21843: p2p, rpc: enable GetAddr, GetAddresses, and getnodeaddresses by network (master...getnodeaddresses-by-network) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21843
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a49f3dd Jon Atack: p2p: allow CAddrMan::GetAddr() by network, add doxygen
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c38981e João Barbosa: p2p: pull time call out of loop in CAddrMan::GetAddr_()
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master d35ddca Jon Atack: p2p: enable CAddrMan::GetAddr_() by network, add doxygen
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 8 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/ea8b2e8e127b...37e9f07996d3
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21843 | p2p, rpc: enable GetAddr, GetAddresses, and getnodeaddresses by network by jonatack · Pull Request #21843 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21560 | net: Add Tor v3 hardcoded seeds by laanwj · Pull Request #21560 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21351 | net: No more v2 onion support in upstream Tor master · Issue #21351 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< sipa> ggus: see PM, note that the project is called "bitcoin core"; there is an unrelated piece of software called bitcore too
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] 0xB10C opened pull request #22006: tracing: first tracepoints and documentation on User-Space, Statically Defined Tracing (USDT) (master...2021-05-initial-usdt-support) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22006
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #22005: fuzz: Speed up banman fuzz target (master...2105-fuzzBanSpeed) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22005
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #22004: fuzz: Speed up transaction fuzz target (master...2105-fuzzTx) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22004
< wumpus> i mean i think tor deprecating tor v2 hidden services is well known at this point to tor users (they have been pretty loud about it), but bitcoin users might not know what to do dunno
< wumpus> it would be more useful to have bitcoin specific instructions
< wumpus> I can post to the notification list (bitcoin-core-dev) and to the bitcoin core twitter account (would make sense to PR a new blog item to bitcoincore.org first, so it's possible to post a link to that)
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ajtowns opened pull request #22003: txmempool: add thread safety annotations (master...202105-mempoolguards) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22003
< vasild> ggus: there is bitcoin-dev@lists.linuxfoundation.org but I doubt it is the best way to reach users, maybe others would have better ideas, wumpus?
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/2 | Long-term, safe, store-of-value · Issue #2 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< ggus> vasild: about #2: amazing! so we just need to ask people to upgrade their bitcoin core software
< ggus> vasild: do you have suggestions of mailing lists or forums that we should announce this? for the news, we can contact some news outlet. And do you know which tools people are using to automatically deploy a bitcoin node, so we can contact the developers?
< vasild> ggus: hmm, actually in the 1. case, if the user just edits torrc and changes the v2 onion service to v3, then an old bitcoin core (<0.21) would be able to accept incoming tor connections, but if it wants to make outgoing connections to v3 addresses, then an upgrade to >=0.21 is needed
< vasild> automatically to v3, but an upgrade to bitcoin core 0.21 is needed
< vasild> ggus: on warning those node operators, I have no idea, maybe some mailing list or blog (that gets picked by news web sites) may help. On helping them migrate to v3 - there are two cases - 1. statically configured onion service in torrc, the users need to edit their torrc, no need to upgrade bitcoin core; 2. an onion service that is automatically created by bitcoin core - this will be switched
< ggus> hi all, this is gus from the tor project. i don't know if this is the right channel to ask, but very soon tor project will deprecate and remove v2 onion services. i've checked that ~15% of bitcoin nodes are running over tor and many of them are running v2 onion. do you have thoughts on how we could warn these node operators and help them migrate to v3 onion services?
< Kiminuo> wumpus, Well, for example, https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21850 this is a PR of mine where I'm currently thinking whether I should apply the suggestion https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21850#pullrequestreview-655658498 or not. If I'll apply it now I'll lose ACKs, if I'll leave it as it is then it may be merged and my next PR will be easier to review. But I guess this is something people cope with often
< wumpus> real_or_random: no idea if libera supports recursive namespaces, tbh i'm fine with the bitcoin core channels being under the bitcoin namespace no need to make this too complicated
< Kiminuo> I'm interested in the process of "merging of PRs in Bitcoin Core repo" in general. So I understand that a PR needs a certain number of code review ACKs to be eligible for merging. But what happens then? What actually makes a person to click the "merge" button?
< nkuttler> nothing was decided for #bitcoin* yet
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #22002: Fix crash when parsing command line with -noincludeconf=0 (master...2105-parseCommandlineCrash) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22002
< real_or_random> shouldn't bitcoin and bitcoin-core be different namespaces even?
< kinlo> I can handle reservation for #bitcoin-* channels
< hebasto> wumpus: maybe reserve #bitcoin-core-gui as well?
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #21913: rpc: RPCHelpMan fixes (master...202104-rpchelpman-fixes2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21913
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master dc4db23 Karl-Johan Alm: rpc: address:amount dictionaries are OBJ_USER_KEYS
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c8cf0a3 Karl-Johan Alm: rpc/getpeerinfo: bytesrecv_per_msg is a dynamic dictionary
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master eb4fb7e Karl-Johan Alm: rpc/gettxoutsetinfo: hash_or_height is a named argument
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 6 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/7d19c85f4a27...ea8b2e8e127b
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] patrickkamin opened pull request #22001: doc: Generate doxygen documentation for test sources (master...issue/19248) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22001
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #21875: doc: fix spelling (master...fix-spelling) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21875
< BlueMatt> jeremyrubin: eg, I'm suggesting #rust-bitcoin move to #bitcoin-rust (as #rust-* is technically owned by anyone who registers a rust organization)
< BlueMatt> jeremyrubin: relevant bitcoiners have the "bitcoin" group registered, so it probably makes sense to move more towards #bitcoin-X
< jeremyrubin> wumpus: ##ctv-bip-review, ##taproot{-bip-review,activation,}, ##miniscript, #sapio, #bitcoin-workshops, #bitmetas, #rust-bitcoin are all maybe good to nab if you can reserve them?
< aj> #bitcoin-anything is reserved apparently, i tried registering bitcoin-signet. presuably kalle can set it up if desired
< wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev, #bitcoin-builds, #bitcoin-core-pr-reviews have been reserved at least, if you need any more let me know

2021-05-19

< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] reemuru opened pull request #21999: test: Run mempool_updatefromblock even with wallet disabled (master...test) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21999
< kinlo> bitcoin channels are covered, individual accounts might be a good precaution
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #21970: fuzz: Add missing CheckTransaction before CheckTxInputs (master...2105-fuzzTxFixes) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21970
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7d19c85 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#21970: fuzz: Add missing CheckTransaction before Che...
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fae4ee5 MarcoFalke: fuzz: Add missing CheckTransaction before CheckTxInputs
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master faacb7e MarcoFalke: fuzz: Sanity check result of CheckTransaction
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/ff438a1966e9...7d19c85f4a27
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #21996: p2p: pass strings to NetPermissions::TryParse functions by const ref (master...NetPermissions-TryParse-pass-strings-by-const-ref) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21996
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master ff438a1 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#21996: p2p: pass strings to NetPermissions::TryParse...
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3939347 Jon Atack: p2p: pass strings to NetPermissions::TryParse functions by const ref
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/d4c409cf09d0...ff438a1966e9
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] rnicoll opened pull request #21998: test: Set mock time before creating block (master...validate-block-test-time) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21998
< jeremyrubin> might be worthwhile chatting with Andrew about what his plans are re: freenode... I've chatted with him once or twice, seems like he generally wants to support bitcoin
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonatack opened pull request #21996: p2p: pass strings to NetPermissions::TryParse functions by const ref (master...NetPermissions-TryParse-pass-strings-by-const-ref) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21996
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #21995: build: Make built dependency packages reproducible (master...210519-repro) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21995
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #20773: refactor: split CWallet::Create (master...refactor_wallet_create) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20773
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master d73ae93 Ivan Metlushko: CWallet::Create move chain init message up into calling code
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e2a47ce Ivan Metlushko: refactor: move first run detection to client code
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 44c430f Russell Yanofsky: refactor: Add CWallet:::AttachChain method
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 5 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/39d597d362a2...d4c409cf09d0
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #21659: net: flag relevant Sock methods with [[nodiscard]] (master...Sock_nodiscard) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21659
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 39d597d W. J. van der Laan: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#21659: net: flag relevant Sock methods with [[nodisc...
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e286cd0 Vasil Dimov: net: flag relevant Sock methods with [[nodiscard]]
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/087812864bd3...39d597d362a2
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #21962: wallet: refactor: dedup sqlite PRAGMA access (master...202105-wallet-dedup_sqlite_pragma_stmts) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21962
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9938d61 Sebastian Falbesoner: wallet: refactor: dedup sqlite PRAGMA assignments
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0878128 W. J. van der Laan: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#21962: wallet: refactor: dedup sqlite PRAGMA access
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master dca8ef5 Sebastian Falbesoner: wallet: refactor: dedup sqlite PRAGMA integer reads
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/4da26fb85d6d...087812864bd3
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #21506: p2p, refactor: make NetPermissionFlags an enum class (master...NetPermissionFlags-enum-class) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21506
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 810d092 Jon Atack: p2p, refactor: make NetPermissionFlags a uint32 enum class
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7b55a94 Jon Atack: p2p: NetPermissions::HasFlag() pass flags param by value
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 91f6e6e Jon Atack: scripted-diff: add NetPermissionFlags scopes where not already present
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 6 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/1ed859e90e18...4da26fb85d6d
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #21994: Merge pull request #1 from queilawithaQ/cmake.yml (0.18...0.18) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21994
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] queilawithaQ opened pull request #21994: Merge pull request #1 from queilawithaQ/cmake.yml (0.18...0.18) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21994
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #21173: util: faster HexStr => 13% faster blockToJSON (master...2021-02-faster-hexstr) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21173
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1ed859e W. J. van der Laan: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#21173: util: faster HexStr => 13% faster blockToJSON...
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 74bf850 Martin Ankerl: faster HexStr => 13% faster blockToJSON
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/2fc111b6e3b0...1ed859e90e18
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #21985: net: Return IPv6 scope id in `CNetAddr::ToStringIP()` (master...2021-05-scopeid) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21985
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2fc111b W. J. van der Laan: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#21985: net: Return IPv6 scope id in `CNetAddr::ToStr...
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6c280ad W. J. van der Laan: net: Return IPv6 scope id in `CNetAddr::ToStringIP()`
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/2fa3f30050f2...2fc111b6e3b0

2021-05-18

< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift closed pull request #21964: Document that `ser_float_to_uint32` is not the inverse of `ser_uint32_to_float` (master...document-serialization-gotcha) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21964
< core-meetingbot> topic: Bitcoin Core development discussion and commit log | Feel free to watch, but please take commentary and usage questions to #bitcoin | Channel logs: http://www.erisian.com.au/bitcoin-core-dev/, http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/ | Meeting topics http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt / http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedwalletmeetingtopics.txt
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21527 | net_processing: lock clean up by ajtowns · Pull Request #21527 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21859 | Add minisketch subtree and integrate in build/test by sipa · Pull Request #21859 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20833 | rpc/validation: enable packages through testmempoolaccept by glozow · Pull Request #20833 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< jnewbery> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: achow101 aj amiti ariard bluematt cfields Chris_Stewart_5 digi_james dongcarl elichai2 emilengler fanquake fjahr gleb glozow gmaxwell gwillen hebasto instagibbs jamesob jb55 jeremyrubin jl2012 jnewbery jonasschnelli jonatack jtimon kallewoof kanzure kvaciral lightlike luke-jr maaku marcofalke meshcollider michagogo moneyball morcos nehan NicolasDorier paveljanik
< core-meetingbot> Meeting started Tue May 18 21:00:08 2021 UTC. The chair is jnewbery. Information about MeetBot at https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings.
< jnewbery> Hi folks. We have our fortnightly p2p meeting in 10 minutes. Feel free to add any suggested topics to https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-devwiki/wiki/P2P-IRC-meetings and update your priorities at https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-devwiki/wiki/P2P-Current-Priorities.
< hebasto> Transifex translations for 22 will open in two weeks (2021-06-01); begging for review "Translation"-labeled prs https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+label%3ATranslations
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #21988: doc: note that brew installed qt is not supported (master...qt6-note) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21988
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 33b0b26 Raul Siles: doc: note that brew installed qt is not supported
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2fa3f30 W. J. van der Laan: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#21988: doc: note that brew installed qt is not suppo...
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/1da36b49ab63...2fa3f30050f2
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #21983: build: Silence lupdate "unknown namespace/class" warnings (master...210517-lupdate) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21983
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1da36b4 W. J. van der Laan: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#21983: build: Silence lupdate "unknown namespace/cla...
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 88bdc4d Hennadii Stepanov: build: Silent lupdate "unknown namespace/class" warnings
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/741749a6159e...1da36b49ab63
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19420 | http: Track active requests and wait for last to finish by promag · Pull Request #19420 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] amadeuszpawlik opened pull request #21992: Feefilter cleanups (master...refactor_21545) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21992
< wumpus> is there anyone giving out medals for commenting on bitcoin PRs or something…
< wumpus> sigh another one https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21985#pullrequestreview-662049809 what's it with these people that use the github commenting system to inject random 'ok' etc i just don't see the point
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #21991: build: libevent 2.1.12-stable (master...libevent_2_1_12) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21991
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #21920: build: improve macro for testing -latomic requirement (master...2105-buildAtomicLink) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21920
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] kiminuo opened pull request #21989: Feature/2021 05 coinbase mature in functional tests (master...feature/2021-05-COINBASE_MATURE-in-functional-tests) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21989
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #21791: doc: note that brew install qt6 is not supported (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21791
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jarolrod opened pull request #21988: doc: note that brew installed qt is not supported (master...qt6-note) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21988

2021-05-17

< luke-jr> sipa: can you take a look at https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/pull/935 ? there's 2 other BIPs affected with ACKs already; thanks
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj opened pull request #21985: net: Return IPv6 scope id in `CNetAddr::ToStringIP()` (master...2021-05-scopeid) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21985
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jnewbery closed pull request #18746: consensus: Don't add spent coins to the cache (master...2020-04-not-spent-and-fresh) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18746
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21756 | Avoid calling `getnameinfo` when formatting IPv6 addresses in `CNetAddr::ToStringIP` by practicalswift · Pull Request #21756 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonatack closed pull request #21961: test: fix, restore and improve cnetaddr scoped id documentation (master...fix-and-improve-cnetaddr-scoped-id-test-documentation) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21961
< wumpus> oh and completely unrelated quips like https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/pull/1096#issuecomment-827356885
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6d1d33d Hennadii Stepanov: Merge bitcoin-core/gui#323: English translations update
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c34a49f W. J. van der Laan: qt: English translations update
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 55c012d Hennadii Stepanov: qt: Extract translations correctly from UTF-8 formatted source
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/7b87fca930ff...6d1d33d33491
< bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto merged pull request #323: English translations update (master...2021-05-translations-update) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/323
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #21983: build: Silent lupdate "unknown namespace/class" warnings (master...210517-lupdate) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21983
< michaelfolkson> Comments on the original PR (while it is still open) and then opening a new PR or posting to bitcoin-dev mailing list seems sufficient to me
< aj> wumpus: i think that was the idea, but don't think it's worked very well; cf "Drop BIP comments" at https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/wiki/BIP-Process-wishlist
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #21981: Remove unused float serialization (master...2105-NoSerFloat) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21981
< aj> might want to ban P7-33 too -- https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/wiki/_Sidebar/_history
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #21756: Avoid calling `getnameinfo` when formatting IPv6 addresses in `CNetAddr::ToStringIP` (master...simplify-ipv6-address-formatting) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21756
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7b87fca W. J. van der Laan: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#21756: Avoid calling `getnameinfo` when formatting I...
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 54548ba practicalswift: net: Avoid calling getnameinfo when formatting IPv6 addresses in CNetAddr:...
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/1ef34ee25ed3...7b87fca930ff
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c10f27f practicalswift: net: Make IPv6ToString do zero compression as described in RFC 5952
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #21970: fuzz: Add missing CheckTransaction before CheckTxInputs (master...2105-fuzzTxFixes) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21970
< bitcoin-git> [gui] RandyMcMillan opened pull request #338: qt: peers-tab resizeColumnsToContents (master...tableview-resize) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/338
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #21969: refactor: Switch serialize to uint8_t (Bundle 1/2) (master...2105-uin8t) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21969
< bitcoin-git> [gui] jarolrod opened pull request #337: test: Use Regex Search in Apptests (master...regex-search-test) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/337
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ssb402 closed pull request #21960: test: Use zero compressed addresses for values in map (master...test-cnetaddr-canonical) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21960
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa opened pull request #21966: Software float encoding (master...202105_softfloat) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21966
< CrazyPython> sipa: Every 2016 blocks, Bitcoin adjusts the difficulty/block production rate per unit of work based on the wall clock 10 minutes
< CrazyPython> Every 2016 blocks, Bitcoin contacts a centralized, man in the middle vulnerable system
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #21965: Update Build OSX (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21965

2021-05-16

< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto closed pull request #20404: Remove names from translatable strings (master...201116-tr) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20404
< bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto opened pull request #336: Do not exit and re-enter main event loop during shutdown (master...210516-loop) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/336
< bitcoin-git> [gui] jarolrod opened pull request #335: Use QSignalSpy instead of QEventLoop (master...apptest-spy) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/335
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] mikkildlebl opened pull request #21965: Update Build OSX (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21965
< Bullit> 21964 philips flashing of porn with bitcoin QR does only atract hall of fame not bitcoin incomming transaction
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift opened pull request #21964: Document that `ser_float_to_uint32` is not the inverse of `ser_uint32_to_float` (master...document-serialization-gotcha) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21964
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theStack opened pull request #21962: wallet: refactor: dedup sqlite PRAGMA access (master...202105-wallet-dedup_sqlite_pragma_stmts) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21962
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonatack opened pull request #21961: test: fix, restore and improve cnetaddr scoped id documentation (master...fix-and-improve-cnetaddr-scoped-id-test-documentation) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21961
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #21947: doc: Fix OSS-Fuzz links (master...2105-fuzzDoc) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21947
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1ef34ee fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#21947: doc: Fix OSS-Fuzz links
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fadd98d MarcoFalke: doc: Fix OSS-Fuzz links
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/c8571486364d...1ef34ee25ed3
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ssb402 opened pull request #21960: test: Use zero compressed addresses for values in map (master...test-cnetaddr-canonical) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21960

2021-05-15

< bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto opened pull request #333: refactor: Signal-slot connections cleanup (master...210515-slots) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/333
< achow101> is it ok if I make a guix-testing branch in bitcoin-detached-sigs and push code sigs for guix builds there?
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21954 | T xcatches by rebroad · Pull Request #21954 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] rebroad opened pull request #21954: T xcatches (master...TXcatches) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21954
< * BlueMatt> proposes we move bitcoin development back to lfnet
< bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto opened pull request #332: Replace disambiguation strings with translator comments (master...210515-trcom) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/332
< bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto opened pull request #331: Make RPC console welcome message translation-friendly (master...210515-welcome) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/331
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #21953: fuzz: Add utxo_snapshot target (master...2104-assumeutxoCrash02) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21953
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #21948: test: Fix off-by-one in mockscheduler test RPC (master...2105-testMock1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21948
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c857148 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#21948: test: Fix off-by-one in mockscheduler test RP...
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/ecf5f2c1a06e...c8571486364d
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa2e614 MarcoFalke: test: Fix off-by-one in mockscheduler test RPC
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #21952: test: Fix a mistake in specifying the initial value at transaction_tests (master...fix-initial-value) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21952
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] azuchi opened pull request #21952: test: Fix a mistake in specifying the initial value at transaction_tests (master...fix-initial-value) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21952
< bitcoin-git> [gui] jarolrod opened pull request #330: Allow prompt icon to be colorized (master...prompt-icon-colorized) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/330

2021-05-14

< bitcoin-git> [gui] jarolrod opened pull request #329: fix console buttons hitbox on macOS (master...fix-cb-hitbox) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/329
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #21948: test: Fix off-by-one in mockscheduler test RPC (master...2105-testMock1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21948
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #21889: macho: check for control flow instrumentation (master...build_boost_fcf_protectcion) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21889
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master ecf5f2c W. J. van der Laan: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#21889: macho: check for control flow instrumentation...
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 42b589d fanquake: scripts: test for MACHO control flow instrumentation
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/b82c3a0075db...ecf5f2c1a06e
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 469a5bc fanquake: build: build Boost with -fcf-protection when targeting Darwin
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b82c3a0 W. J. van der Laan: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#21929: fuzz: Remove incorrect float round-trip seria...
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #21929: fuzz: Remove incorrect float round-trip serialization test (master...2105-fuzzFloat) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21929
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fae814c MarcoFalke: fuzz: Remove incorrect float round-trip serialization test
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/61fea5217118...b82c3a0075db
< promag> sipa: I thought you just do bitcoin stuff
< vasild> promag: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21943#discussion_r632360108 -- yes, I think it is pointless or even - undesirable. InactivityCheck() is a noop if executed <60s after the node has connected (can be changed with -peertimeout)
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #21942: docs: improve make with parallel jobs description. (master...docs/improve-jX) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21942
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 61fea52 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#21942: docs: improve make with parallel jobs descrip...
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 07bc22e Klement Tan: docs: improve make with parallel jobs description.
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/b34bf2b42caa...61fea5217118
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #21947: doc: Fix OSS-Fuzz links (master...2105-fuzzDoc) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21947
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #21764: build: produce Windows GUI build with Cirrus CI (master...cirrus-winbuild) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21764
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21629 | build: fix configuring when building depends with NO_BDB=1 by fanquake · Pull Request #21629 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub

2021-05-13

< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] luke-jr closed pull request #21399: Genericide BIP9 in variable/type names and comments (master...vbits_rename) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21399
< core-meetingbot> topic: Bitcoin Core development discussion and commit log | Feel free to watch, but please take commentary and usage questions to #bitcoin | Channel logs: http://www.erisian.com.au/bitcoin-core-dev/, http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/ | Meeting topics http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt / http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedwalletmeetingtopics.txt
< jnewbery> Luke is still backlogged on BIP PR maintaining, so it'd be nice if he could get a bit of help: http://www.erisian.com.au/bitcoin-core-dev/log-2021-05-13.html#l-37.
< jnewbery> 1. I think it's probably time to merge https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/pull/1116 (adding Kalle as BIP editor). It was proposed three weeks ago, has 15 ACKs, and no substantive opposition.
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21239 | guix: Add codesignature attachment support for osx+win by dongcarl · Pull Request #21239 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21239 | guix: Add codesignature attachment support for osx+win by dongcarl · Pull Request #21239 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21726 | Add prune blockers to BlockManager by fjahr · Pull Request #21726 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< wumpus> 9 blockers in https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8 , no bugfixes, no PRs chasing concept ACK
< wumpus> no proposed topics in http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt (fwiw, you can propose a topic at any time in the week with #proposedmeetingtopic <topic>)
< wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: achow101 aj amiti ariard bluematt cfields Chris_Stewart_5 digi_james dongcarl elichai2 emilengler fanquake fjahr gleb glozow gmaxwell gwillen hebasto instagibbs jamesob jb55 jeremyrubin jl2012 jnewbery jonasschnelli jonatack jtimon kallewoof kanzure kvaciral lightlike luke-jr maaku marcofalke meshcollider michagogo moneyball morcos nehan NicolasDorier paveljanik
< core-meetingbot> Meeting started Thu May 13 19:00:07 2021 UTC. The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings.
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20223 | build: Drop the leading 0 from the version number by achow101 · Pull Request #20223 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< provoostenator> The bitcoinbuilds.org macOS CI seems to be consistently failing, e.g. https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/325
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ariard opened pull request #21946: Document and test lack of inherited signaling in RBF policy (master...2021-05-rbf-noinheritance) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21946
< Arvidt> What is that version "v22.0" on the last line of https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/bips.md ? Is it not Bitcoin version (they all start with v0.) ? Would make sense, since V.0.22 is not released yet and there are backports to 0.20 and 0.21 ongoing.
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theStack opened pull request #21945: test: add P2PK support to MiniWallet (master...202005-test-miniwallet-support-p2pk) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21945
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #21939: refactor: Replace memset calls with array initialization (master...2021-05-msghdr) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21939
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1c9255c João Barbosa: refactor: Replace memset calls with array initialization
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b34bf2b W. J. van der Laan: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#21939: refactor: Replace memset calls with array ini...
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/4741aec1dd28...b34bf2b42caa
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] prayank23 opened pull request #21944: wallet: Fix issues when `walletdir` is root directory(Windows) (master...wallet-win-root) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21944
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #21914: net: use stronger AddLocal() for our I2P address (master...i2p_local) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21914
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 4741aec W. J. van der Laan: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#21914: net: use stronger AddLocal() for our I2P addr...
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/a31a1ceec721...4741aec1dd28
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 105941b Vasil Dimov: net: use stronger AddLocal() for our I2P address
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] vasild opened pull request #21943: Dedup and RAII-fy the creation of a copy of CConnman::vNodes (master...raiify_copying_vnodes) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21943
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] klementtan opened pull request #21942: docs: improve make with parallel jobs description. (master...docs/improve-jX) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21942
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #21932: [0.21] depends: update Qt 5.9 source url (0.21...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21932
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.21 58c0742 W. J. van der Laan: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#21932: [0.21] depends: update Qt 5.9 source url
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.21 deff4e7 Kittywhiskers Van Gogh: depends: update Qt 5.9 source url
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to 0.21: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/8584a4460d52...58c07426326d