2021-01-13

< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19748 | Deprecate banlist.dat · Issue #19748 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] vasild closed pull request #20926: revert #20852 net: allow CSubNet of non-IP networks (master...revert_20852) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20926
< wumpus> harding: that's good to know! i was afraid it would make a link to the bitcoin/bitcoin issue of the same number that would be bad, but yes that seems acceptable really
< wumpus> harding: hi! for 0.21.0 we have a new kind of PR which comes from the bitcoin-core/gui repository, I've used the syntax "gui/#xxxx" to refer to these, if we want these to point to the right repository we'll need to update the link conversion
< vasild> $ bitcoin-cli setban pg6mmjiyjmcrsslvykfwnntlaru7p5svn6y2ymmju6nubxndf4pscryd.onion add
< vasild> MarcoFalke: so you decide to ban torv3.onion, do "setban torv3.onion add". The ban is effective and works. 2 days later bitcoin core is restarted. The ban is lost, silently.
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/1234 | During initial sync, chain download pauses if peer goes away · Issue #1234 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< wumpus> I did use the gui#1234 convention in the release notes, likely we need to update the bitcoin-core.org HTML-izing plugin as well to recognize these and generate valid links to them
< MarcoFalke> so you can do title.startswith('Merge bitcoin-core/gui#')
< MarcoFalke> the merge commits start with "bitcoin-core/gui#123 remove foobar"
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/123 | Spent per txout by sipa · Pull Request #123 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] vasild opened pull request #20926: revert #20852 net: allow CSubNet of non-IP networks (master...revert_20852) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20926
< vasild> wumpus: what about reverting https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20852 ?
< wumpus> norisgOG_: #bitcoin please, this channel is for development ony
< norisgOG_> Hello all I have a question concering signatures in bitcoin, where in the transaction can I see which HASH_Type I have to use to calculate the transaction hash ?
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jnewbery opened pull request #20925: RFC: Move Peer and PeerManagerImpl to separate header (master...2021-01-peermanimplh) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20925
< wumpus> jonatack: thanks, it's not a big deal, @'s can appear for various reasons, but it prompted me to write https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-maintainer-tools/pull/69
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #20913: doc: Add manual page generation for bitcoin-util (master...2021_01_bitcoin_util_manpage) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20913
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e7eb371 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #20913: doc: Add manual page generation for bitcoin-util
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b5e93f8 Wladimir J. van der Laan: doc: Add manual page generation for bitcoin-util
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master bc99ae7 Wladimir J. van der Laan: scripted-diff: Fix typo in stub manual pages
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/60427ee35f28...e7eb37128c31
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #20811: refactor: move net_processing implementation details out of header (master...202012-netproc-impl-split) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20811
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a568b82 Anthony Towns: net_processing: split PeerManager into interface and implementation classes
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0df3d3f Anthony Towns: net_processing: make more of PeerManager private
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0d246a5 Anthony Towns: net, net_processing: move NetEventsInterface method docs to net.h
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 6 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/8ffaf5c2f5aa...60427ee35f28
< wumpus> darosior: invited you to the "frequent contributors" group for bitcoin and bitcoin-core orgs (this is not currently a requirement for editing the wiki but will likely become so)
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #19935: Move SaltedHashers to separate file and add some new ones (master...mv-saltedhash) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19935
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 281fd1a Andrew Chow: Replace KeyIDHasher with SaltedSipHasher
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 95e61c1 Andrew Chow: Move Hashers to util/hasher.{cpp/h}
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 210b693 Andrew Chow: Add generic SaltedSipHasher
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/7b975639ef93...8ffaf5c2f5aa
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ajtowns opened pull request #20923: signet miner followups (master...202101-signet-tweak) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20923
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sinetek closed pull request #20922: switch over to std::shared_mutex. (master...stdsm) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20922
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sinetek opened pull request #20922: switch over to std::shared_mutex. (master...stdsm) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20922
< bitcoin-git> [gui] sinetek opened pull request #183: Add include for std::bind. (master...functional) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/183
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sinetek closed pull request #20920: add include for std::bind. (master...FUNCTIONAL) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20920
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theStack opened pull request #20921: validation: don't try to invalidate genesis block in CChainState::InvalidateBlock (master...2021-rpc-forbid_invalidateblock_on_genesisblock) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20921
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20811 | refactor: move net_processing implementation details out of header by ajtowns · Pull Request #20811 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub

2021-01-12

< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19935 | Move SaltedHashers to separate file and add some new ones by achow101 · Pull Request #19935 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< darosior> wumpus: if i have a small addition to the release notes, can i just modify https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-devwiki/wiki/0.21.0-Release-Notes-Draft in place?
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sinetek opened pull request #20920: add include for std::bind. (master...FUNCTIONAL) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20920
< jeremyrubin> I think where I got confused is (non-core, going to move convo to appropriate channel) https://docs.rs/bitcoin/0.25.2/bitcoin/util/bip143/struct.SigHashCache.html#method.signature_hash requires a scriptcode field
< jeremyrubin> output of ./bitcoin-cli getaddressinfo $(./bitcoin-cli getnewaddress):
< jeremyrubin> `./bitcoin-cli walletcreatefundedpsbt '[]' "[{\"$(./bitcoin-cli getnewaddress)\": 1.999}]" | jq '.psbt' | xargs printf > PSBT`
< jeremyrubin> ./bitcoin-cli walletcreatefundedpsbt '[]' '[{"bcrt1qkgjcurnce02xu5kgyd3l3zamv548vaydv0w2ju": 1.999}]' | jq '.psbt' | xargs printf > PSBT
< jeremyrubin> `bitcoin-cli walletprocesspsbt $(cat PSBT) false | jq '.psbt' | xargs printf > PSBT2` does not fill in the witness_script
< jeremyrubin> e.g., `bitcoin-cli walletprocesspsbt $(cat PSBT) true | jq '.psbt' | xargs printf > PSBT2` succeeds
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theStack opened pull request #20917: doc, rpc: add missing signet mentions in network name lists (master...2021-add_missing_signet_network_name) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20917
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #20916: rpc: Return wtxid from testmempoolaccept (master...2101-wtxidTestmempool) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20916
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #20738: [0.20] final rc2 backports (0.20...2012-20rc2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20738
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.20 19bcf17 Amiti Uttarwar: [doc] Add permissions to the getpeerinfo help.
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.20 d0c75ab MarcoFalke: doc: Extract net permissions doc
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.20 bcb655d Ben Carman: rpc: Add missing description of vout in getrawtransaction help text
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 4 commits to 0.20: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/a4bc4c1f79d7...f1c3c53e5f94
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #20915: fuzz: Fail if message type is not fuzzed (master...2101-fuzzFailMsgType) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20915
< jonatack> let's meet at bitcoin beach for the p2p meetings
< core-meetingbot> topic: Bitcoin Core development discussion and commit log | Feel free to watch, but please take commentary and usage questions to #bitcoin | Channel logs: http://www.erisian.com.au/bitcoin-core-dev/, http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/ | Meeting topics http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt / http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedwalletmeetingtopics.txt
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20726 | p2p: Add DISABLETX message for negotiating block-relay-only connections by sdaftuar · Pull Request #20726 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< ariard> to be back on the question "should bitcoin core relay addrs to software sending these messages?" _currently_ we don't accept addr msgs from outbound-block-relay peers so why it's worsening the black-hole problem?
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15759 | p2p: Add 2 outbound block-relay-only connections by sdaftuar · Pull Request #15759 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< sdaftuar> let's say we deployed disabletx. shoudl bitcoin core relay addrs to software sending these messages?
< amiti> hm, if bitcoin core relayed addrs to software that sends disabletx, we aren't able to take advantage of the savings that is the goal, right?
< sdaftuar> let's say we deployed disabletx. shoudl bitcoin core relay addrs to software sending these messages?
< jonatack> jnewbery: i thought it was here: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20726#discussion_r548352366
< jnewbery> (the original discussion of blockrelay -> disabletx is here: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20726#discussion_r548352366)
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20726 | p2p: Add DISABLETX message for negotiating block-relay-only connections by sdaftuar · Pull Request #20726 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20277 | p2p: Stop processing unrequested transactions during IBD and extend p2p_ibd_txrelay.py coverage by ariard · Pull Request #20277 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20811 | refactor: move net_processing implementation details out of header by ajtowns · Pull Request #20811 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19398 | Move remaining application layer data to net processing · Issue #19398 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20197 | p2p: improve onion detection in AttemptToEvictConnection() by jonatack · Pull Request #20197 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20685 | Add I2P support using I2P SAM by vasild · Pull Request #20685 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19203 | net: Add regression fuzz harness for CVE-2017-18350. Add FuzzedSocket. Add thin SOCKET wrapper. by practicalswift · Pull Request #19203 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20788 | net: add RAII socket and use it instead of bare SOCKET by vasild · Pull Request #20788 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12 | Monitor transactions and/or blocks · Issue #12 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< jnewbery> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: achow101 aj amiti ariard bluematt cfields Chris_Stewart_5 digi_james dongcarl elichai2 emilengler fanquake fjahr gleb gmaxwell gwillen hebasto instagibbs jamesob jb55 jeremyrubin jl2012 jnewbery jonasschnelli jonatack jtimon kallewoof kanzure kvaciral lightlike luke-jr maaku marcofalke meshcollider michagogo moneyball morcos nehan NicolasDorier paveljanik petertodd
< core-meetingbot> Meeting started Tue Jan 12 15:00:17 2021 UTC. The chair is jnewbery. Information about MeetBot at https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings.
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12 | Monitor transactions and/or blocks · Issue #12 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< jnewbery> Hi folks. Reminder that we have our first p2p meeting in just under 10 minutes. We have three suggested topics so far: https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-devwiki/wiki/P2P-IRC-meetings#12-jan-2021
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj opened pull request #20913: doc: Add manual page generation for bitcoin-util (master...2021_01_bitcoin_util_manpage) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20913
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #20911: Create act.conf (master...patch-2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20911
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] bitmastercoin opened pull request #20911: Create act.conf (master...patch-2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20911
< aj> wumpus: oh bitcoin-util needs a zillion things, i just meant some of the signet readme bits
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #19937: signet mining utility (master...202009-signet-generate) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19937
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 13762bc Anthony Towns: Add bitcoin-util command line utility
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 95d5d5e Anthony Towns: rpc: allow getblocktemplate for test chains when unconnected or in IBD
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 81c54de Anthony Towns: rpc: update getblocktemplate with signet rule, include signet_challenge
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 6 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/18017152c2a5...7b975639ef93
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18710 | Add local thread pool to CCheckQueue by hebasto · Pull Request #18710 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #20619: guix: Quality of life improvements (master...2020-12-guix-fixups) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20619
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 93b6a85 Carl Dong: guix: Add ADDITIONAL_GUIX_{COMMON,TIMEMACHINE}_FLAGS options
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0f31e24 Carl Dong: guix: Add SUBSTITUTE_URLS option
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 444fcfc Carl Dong: guix: Make guix honor MAX_JOBS setting
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 14 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/7838db141b76...18017152c2a5
< jnewbery> It also helps with https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19398, which is gradually moving data into the Peer struct. Having that only declared internally in net_processing.cpp reduces header churn
< jnewbery> vasild: did you see https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20758? Some of the benefits are listed there
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] romanz closed pull request #20702: rpc: Add getblocklocations call (master...locations) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20702
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19937 | signet mining utility by ajtowns · Pull Request #19937 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #20495: sync: Use decltype(auto) return type for WITH_LOCK (master...2020-11-decltype-auto) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20495
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7838db1 fanquake: Merge #20495: sync: Use decltype(auto) return type for WITH_LOCK
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3eb94ec Carl Dong: sync: Use decltype(auto) return type for WITH_LOCK
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/6af013792f1b...7838db141b76
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #20908: fuzz: Use mocktime in process_message* fuzz targets (master...2101-fuzzMocktime) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20908
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #19183: [WIP DONOTMERGE] Replace boost with C++17 (master...2005-StdVariantScriptedDiff) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19183
< sipa> #bitcoin ?
< sipa> i can understand someone spamming a bitcoin address, or people confusing pull request to be something they need to get the source code... but this?

2021-01-11

< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 99791e7 Amiti Uttarwar: [test/refactor] P2PBlocksOnly - simplify transaction creation using blockt...
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #19315: [tests] Allow outbound & block-relay-only connections in functional tests. (master...2020-06-test-outbounds) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19315
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3997ab9 Amiti Uttarwar: [test] Add test framework support to create outbound connections.
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5bc04e8 Amiti Uttarwar: [rpc/net] Introduce addconnection to test outbounds & blockrelay
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 7 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/6d81d7aa87a1...6af013792f1b
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] gruve-p opened pull request #20906: contrib: embed C++11 patch in install_db4.sh (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20906
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20852 | net: allow CSubNet of non-IP networks by vasild · Pull Request #20852 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] vasild opened pull request #20904: net: (de)serialize CSubNet in addrv2 format (master...subnet_ser_addrv2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20904
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ryanofsky closed pull request #18600: [wallet] Track conflicted transactions removed from mempool and fix UI notifications (master...2020-03-wallet-track-conflicts) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18600
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20852 | net: allow CSubNet of non-IP networks by vasild · Pull Request #20852 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20849 | net: disconnect peers by address without using a subnet by vasild · Pull Request #20849 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #20787: Use C++17 std::array deduction for OUTPUT_TYPES, ALL_FEE_ESTIMATE_HORIZONS (master...2012-WswitchFeeEstimateHorizon) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20787
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6d81d7a fanquake: Merge #20787: Use C++17 std::array deduction for OUTPUT_TYPES, ALL_FEE_EST...
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master aaaa987 MarcoFalke: refactor: Use C++17 std::array deduction for ALL_FEE_ESTIMATE_HORIZONS
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa39cdd MarcoFalke: refactor: Use C++17 std::array deduction for OUTPUT_TYPES
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/5cce60710525...6d81d7aa87a1
< bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto closed pull request #174: refactor: No need to implement index for non-hierarchical models (master...210102-index) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/174
< vasild> MarcoFalke: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20852#issuecomment-757934752 you mean all commands with the latest code?
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #20373: refactor, net: Increase CNode data member encapsulation (master...201111-cnode) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20373
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5cce607 MarcoFalke: Merge #20373: refactor, net: Increase CNode data member encapsulation
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3642b2e Hennadii Stepanov: refactor, net: Increase CNode data member encapsulation
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master acebb79 Hennadii Stepanov: refactor, move-only: Relocate CNode private members
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/675af2a515f2...5cce60710525
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #20901: [0.21.1]: rc1 Backports (0.21...2101-2101Backports) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20901
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #20849: net: disconnect peers by address without using a subnet (master...disconnect_by_subnet_fix) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20849
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #20852: net: allow CSubNet of non-IP networks (master...non_ip_subnets) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20852
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 675af2a Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #20852: net: allow CSubNet of non-IP networks
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 39b4329 Vasil Dimov: test: add test for banning of non-IP addresses
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 94d335d Vasil Dimov: net: allow CSubNet of non-IP networks
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/616eace02acd...675af2a515f2
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] gruve-p closed pull request #20665: Build: update clang patch to use heredoc (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20665
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b3e9bca Hennadii Stepanov: qt, refactor: Drop no longer used PeerTableModel::getNodeStats function
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 35007ed Hennadii Stepanov: qt: Add PeerTableModel::StatsRole
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 49c6040 Hennadii Stepanov: qt: Use PeerTableModel::StatsRole
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/9c0b76c709c1...616eace02acd
< bitcoin-git> [gui] jonasschnelli merged pull request #161: Add PeerTableModel::StatsRole to prevent data layer violation (master...201223-ban) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/161
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #20876: test: Replace getmempoolentry with testmempoolaccept in MiniWallet (master...2101-testMiniWalletNoSubmit) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20876
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9c0b76c MarcoFalke: Merge #20876: test: Replace getmempoolentry with testmempoolaccept in Mini...
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master faabc26 MarcoFalke: test: Replace getmempoolentry with testmempoolaccept in MiniWallet
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/bd6af53e1f8e...9c0b76c709c1
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #20480: Replace boost::variant with std::variant (master...2011-noBoostVariant) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20480
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master bd6af53 fanquake: Merge #20480: Replace boost::variant with std::variant
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master faa8f68 MarcoFalke: Replace boost::variant with std::variant
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/c4458cc3a1d1...bd6af53e1f8e
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #18819: net: Replace cs_feeFilter with simple std::atomic (master...2004-netNoRecursiveMutex) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18819
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c4458cc fanquake: Merge #18819: net: Replace cs_feeFilter with simple std::atomic
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fad1f0f MarcoFalke: net: Remove unused cs_feeFilter
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/094402430925...c4458cc3a1d1

2021-01-10

< bitcoin-git> [gui] jonatack opened pull request #180: Peer details: connection type follow-ups (master...peer-details-connection-type-followups) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/180
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] gruve-p closed pull request #20898: Build: update clang patch to use heredoc (master...heredoc-patch) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20898
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] gruve-p reopened pull request #20665: Build: update clang patch to use heredoc (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20665
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] gruve-p opened pull request #20898: Build: update clang patch to use heredoc (master...heredoc-patch) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20898
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] gruve-p closed pull request #20665: Build: update clang patch to use heredoc (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20665
< bitcoin-git> [gui] MarcoFalke merged pull request #163: Peer details: replace Direction with Connection Type (master...display-peer-conn-types) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/163
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c95fe6e Hennadii Stepanov: gui: improve connection type tooltip
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2c19ba2 Jon Atack: gui: replace Direction with Connection Type in peer details
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7e2beab Jon Atack: gui: create GUIUtil::ConnectionTypeToQString utility function
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 5 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/555fc0789d21...094402430925
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 555fc07 MarcoFalke: Merge #20881: fuzz: net permission flags in net processing
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #20881: fuzz: net permission flags in net processing (master...2101-fuzzNet) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20881
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fad327c MarcoFalke: fuzz: net permission flags in net processing
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/708ef4424a65...555fc0789d21
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #20890: doc: Add explicit macdeployqtplus dependencies install step (master...210108-deploy) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20890
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 708ef44 fanquake: Merge #20890: doc: Add explicit macdeployqtplus dependencies install step
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3e61b8c Hennadii Stepanov: doc: Add explicit macdeployqtplus dependencies install step
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/5574e489631b...708ef4424a65
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #20875: [*.cc,*.cpp] Reduce push_back (master...push-back) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20875
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] GyanPrakash2483 closed pull request #20897: Update coincontrol.cpp (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20897
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] GyanPrakash2483 reopened pull request #20897: Update coincontrol.cpp (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20897
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] GyanPrakash2483 closed pull request #20897: Update coincontrol.cpp (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20897
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] GyanPrakash2483 opened pull request #20897: Update coincontrol.cpp (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20897
< sipa> this is getting a bit too long for this channel; i suggest posting on bitcoin.stackexchange.com for help if it still doesn't work
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] glozow closed pull request #20895: p2p: mildly discourage peers that violate feefilter (master...p2p-feefilter-violations) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20895

2021-01-09

< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] glozow opened pull request #20895: p2p: mildly discourage peers that violate feefilter (master...p2p-feefilter-violations) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20895
< bitcoin-git> [gui] jonatack opened pull request #179: gui: add direction and type columns to peers window (master...add-peers-dir-and-type-columns) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/179
< jamesob> (veering off topic) what's the easiest way for non-technical end users to enable that; just editing bitcoin.conf?
< jamesob> bitcoin-qt doesn't start the RPC server by default? I didn't see anything in the GUI configuration for it, so I assume it did it by default
< jamesob> running bitcoin-qt, can access RPC via the console view, but oh, can't see *8332 in lsof
< sipa> don't have -server=0 or running bitcoin-qt?
< jamesob> I don't think so - I'm `ls`ing the datadir and seeing debug.log/bitcoin.conf I expect, but no cookie file
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/7759 | [WIP] rest: Stream entire utxo set by laanwj · Pull Request #7759 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #20741: doc: Update 'Secure string handling' (master...walletname-security) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20741
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7117d75 Prayank: Update 'Secure string handling'
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5574e48 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #20741: doc: Update 'Secure string handling'
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/9158d6f34153...5574e489631b
< bitcoin-git> [gui] Bosch-0 closed pull request #143: Add icon policy documentation (master...icon_policy) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/143
< bitcoin-git> [gui] Bosch-0 opened pull request #178: Added icon policy documentation (master...icon_policy) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/178
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 opened pull request #20892: tests: Run both descriptor and legacy tests within a single test invocation (master...better-descriptor-tests) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20892

2021-01-08

< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 opened pull request #20891: rpc: Remove deprecated bumpfee behavior (master...rm-bumpfee-deprecated) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20891
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #20890: doc: Add explicit macdeployqtplus dependencies install step (master...210108-deploy) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20890
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] mjdietzx opened pull request #20889: test: ensure any failing method in MiniWallet leaves no side-effects (master...test-miniwallet-no-side-effects) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20889
< jonasschnelli> 0.19.2: a642483bb66fe03be10eef3811f0bd7db43b809933a03517290303281bce90f8 bitcoin-osx-signed.dmg
< hebasto> jonasschnelli: only win sigs in https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-detached-sigs/tree/0.19
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #20884: script: Improve robustness of bitcoind.service on startup (master...210108-systemd) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20884
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #20786: net: [refactor] Prefer integral types in CNodeStats (master...2012-net) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20786
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master faecb74 Jon Atack: Expose integral m_conn_type in CNodeStats, remove m_conn_type_string
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9158d6f MarcoFalke: Merge #20786: net: [refactor] Prefer integral types in CNodeStats
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/1e078f17b5dc...9158d6f34153
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #20882: fuzz: Add missing muhash registration (master...2101-fuzzMuhash) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20882
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1e078f1 MarcoFalke: Merge #20882: fuzz: Add missing muhash registration
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa44417 MarcoFalke: fuzz: Add missing muhash registration
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/5082324225bf...1e078f17b5dc
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20880 | gitian: Use custom MacOS code signing tool by achow101 · Pull Request #20880 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #20882: fuzz: Add missing muhash registration (master...2101-fuzzMuhash) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20882
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #20124: Missing blockhash prefix (0x) for Testnet and Regtest (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20124
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #20688: test: run mempool_compatibility.py even with wallet disabled (master...mempool-compatibility-to-miniwallet) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20688
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5082324 MarcoFalke: Merge #20688: test: run mempool_compatibility.py even with wallet disabled...
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a7599c8 Michael Dietz: test: run mempool_compatibility.py even with wallet disabled
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/76b45d5fd7eb...5082324225bf
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #20881: fuzz: net permission flags in net processing (master...2101-fuzzNet) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20881
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #19683: depends: Pin clang search paths for darwin host (master...2020-08-clang-search-path-robustness) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19683
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 77b1ef8 Carl Dong: depends: Remove -fuse-ld line
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3007339 Carl Dong: depends: Pin clang search paths for darwin host
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 107f33d Carl Dong: depends: Delay expansion of per-package vars
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 8 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/86a8b35f321d...76b45d5fd7eb
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18506 | net: Hardcoded seeds update for 0.20 by laanwj · Pull Request #18506 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20237 | net: Hardcoded seeds update for 0.21 by laanwj · Pull Request #20237 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< sipa> i would just say "Bitcoin Core 0.21.0 includes an implementation of the proposed Taproot (BIP 341-342) consensus rules, without activation for mainnet. Experimenting with Taproot can be done on the new Signet network where it is already active. Activation parameters will likely be included in a future minor release, and the proposed rules will not be enforced without upgrading to it."
< luke-jr> there is no forum of discussion for all bitcoin users
< luke-jr> so companies decide Bitcoin protocol rules now?
< sipa> you seem to want to use adoption of bitcoin core as telemetry (even if not through an explicit call-home)

2021-01-07

< bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto opened pull request #177: Use "fusion" style on macOS Big Sur with old Qt (master...210107-style) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/177
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #14501: Fix possible data race when committing block files (master...fsync_dir) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14501
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master ce5cbae Evan Klitzke: util.h: Document FileCommit function
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 844d650 Evan Klitzke: util: Prefer Mac-specific F_FULLSYNC over fdatasync in FileCommit
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f6cec0b Evan Klitzke: util: Refactor FileCommit from an #if sequence nested in #else, to a seque...
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 7 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/d7e2401c629b...86a8b35f321d
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 opened pull request #20880: gitian: Use custom MacOS code signing tool (master...use-signapple) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20880
< MarcoFalke> Credits for the other org: https://cirrus-ci.com/settings/github/bitcoin
< sipa> those are only on the bitcoin org?
< MarcoFalke> There are some free credits: https://cirrus-ci.com/settings/github/bitcoin-core
< sipa> fwiw, i've enabled cirrus CI for the bitcoin-core/secp256k1 repo
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20664 | Add scanblocks RPC call by jonasschnelli · Pull Request #20664 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14066 | gitian-linux: Build binaries for 64-bit POWER by luke-jr · Pull Request #14066 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19683 | depends: Pin clang search paths for darwin host by dongcarl · Pull Request #19683 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< core-meetingbot> topic: Bitcoin Core development discussion and commit log | Feel free to watch, but please take commentary and usage questions to #bitcoin | Channel logs: http://www.erisian.com.au/bitcoin-core-dev/, http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/ | Meeting topics http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt / http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedwalletmeetingtopics.txt
< sipa> i'm just mentioning this because i saw https://github.com/bitcoin-core/packaging/issues/55, and it seems doing it inside gitian is an almost trivial change for us, apart from some initial work to set up the scripts
< wumpus> right, the point is that bitcoin needs *special* review compared to upgrading other software
< wumpus> but so is auto-updating bitcoin core in general
< luke-jr> Debian wants to include bitcoin core again
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20852 | net: allow CSubNet of non-IP networks by vasild · Pull Request #20852 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20849 | net: disconnect peers by address without using a subnet by vasild · Pull Request #20849 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16702 | p2p: supplying and using asmap to improve IP bucketing in addrman by naumenkogs · Pull Request #16702 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20557 | addrman: Fix new table bucketing during unserialization by jnewbery · Pull Request #20557 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20852 | net: allow CSubNet of non-IP networks by vasild · Pull Request #20852 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20849 | net: disconnect peers by address without using a subnet by vasild · Pull Request #20849 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19806 | validation: UTXO snapshot activation by jamesob · Pull Request #19806 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20017 | rpc: Add RPCContext by promag · Pull Request #20017 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< wumpus> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8 10 blockers, 1 chasing concept ACK
< wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: achow101 aj amiti ariard bluematt cfields Chris_Stewart_5 digi_james dongcarl elichai2 emilengler fanquake fjahr gleb gmaxwell gwillen hebasto instagibbs jamesob jb55 jeremyrubin jl2012 jnewbery jonasschnelli jonatack jtimon kallewoof kanzure kvaciral lightlike luke-jr maaku marcofalke meshcollider michagogo moneyball morcos nehan NicolasDorier paveljanik
< core-meetingbot> Meeting started Thu Jan 7 19:00:59 2021 UTC. The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings.
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20738 | [0.20] final rc2 backports by MarcoFalke · Pull Request #20738 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed tag v0.19.2: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/v0.19.2
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.19 2f9f9b3 Wladimir J. van der Laan: build: Bump rc to final
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 1 commit to 0.19: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/33cbedef28eb...2f9f9b37b595
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #18077: net: Add NAT-PMP port forwarding support (master...20200130-natpmp) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18077
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 8b50d1b Hennadii Stepanov: net: Keep trying to use UPnP when -upnp=1
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 28e2961 Hennadii Stepanov: refactor: Replace magic number with named constant
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 02ccf69 Hennadii Stepanov: refactor: Move port mapping code to its own module
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 14 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/b6a71b80d28c...d7e2401c629b
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18710 | Add local thread pool to CCheckQueue by hebasto · Pull Request #18710 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #19055: Add MuHash3072 implementation (master...csi-1-muhash) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19055
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master adc708c Fabian Jahr: crypto: Add MuHash3072 implementation
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0b4d290 Fabian Jahr: crypto: Add Num3072 implementation
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 589f958 Fabian Jahr: build: Check for 128 bit integer support
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 9 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/3a6acd177210...b6a71b80d28c
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonatack opened pull request #20877: netinfo: user help and argument parsing improvements (master...netinfo-help-follow-ups) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20877
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #20789: fuzz: Rework strong and weak net enum fuzzing (master...2012-fuzzRefactor) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20789
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master faaef94 MarcoFalke: fuzz: [refactor] Extract ALL_CONNECTION_TYPES constant
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa42da2 MarcoFalke: fuzz: Use ConsumeNode in process_message target
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa121f0 MarcoFalke: fuzz: Use ConsumeNode in process_messages target
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 6 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/4b8b71e63041...3a6acd177210
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #20876: test: Replace getmempoolentry with testmempoolaccept in MiniWallet (master...2101-testMiniWalletNoSubmit) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20876
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 4b8b71e MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin-core/gui#173: Follow Qt docs when implementing rowCount and ...
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 195fcb5 Hennadii Stepanov: qt: Follow Qt docs when implementing rowCount and columnCount
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/42675e783337...4b8b71e63041
< bitcoin-git> [gui] MarcoFalke merged pull request #173: Follow Qt docs when implementing rowCount and columnCount (master...210102-table) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/173
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #20864: net: Move SocketSendData lock annotation to header (master...2101-netLock) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20864
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 42675e7 MarcoFalke: Merge #20864: net: Move SocketSendData lock annotation to header
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa0a717 MarcoFalke: net: Move CConnman/NetEventsInterface after CNode in header file
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa21068 MarcoFalke: net: Move SocketSendData lock annotation to header