2022-04-18

<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] coffescript opened pull request #24904: Update release-notes-0.15.1.md (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24904
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #24903: Update README.md (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24903

2022-04-17

<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] anipaul2 opened pull request #24903: Update README.md (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24903
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] brydinh opened pull request #24902: lint: Convert lint-include-guards.sh to Python (master...24783-port-lint-script-to-python) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24902
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Crypt-iQ opened pull request #24901: mempool: reduce lookups, insertions to cache in UpdateForDescendants (master...mempool_desc_patch) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24901
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto closed pull request #24620: build: Fix ccache behavior when cross-compiling for darwin hosts (master...220320-ccache) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24620
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto closed pull request #22708: build, qt: Add Wayland support for Linux builds with depends (master...210815-wayland) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22708
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #24837: init: Prevent -noproxy and -proxy=0 from interacting with other settings (master...pr/proxyi) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24837
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3429d67 Ryan Ofsky: init: Prevent -noproxy and -proxy=0 settings from interacting with other s...
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2074d7d MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24837: init: Prevent -noproxy and -proxy=0 from inte...
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/d1b3dfb275fd...2074d7df20eb
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] w0xlt opened pull request #24897: [Draft / POC] Silent Payments (master...silent_payment_021) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24897

2022-04-16

<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theStack opened pull request #24896: test: use MiniWallet for p2p_segwit.py (master...202204-test-run_p2p_segwit_without_wallet) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24896
<bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto opened pull request #587: refactor: Replace `GUIUtil::ObjectInvoke()` with `QMetaObject::invokeMethod()` (master...220416-invoke510) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/587
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Kvaciral opened pull request #24895: lint: Convert lint-includes.sh to Python (master...lint-includes-port) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24895
<bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto opened pull request #586: Getting ready to Qt 6 (6/n). Replace `QCoreApplication::quit()` with `QCoreApplication::exit(0)` (master...220416-quit) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/586
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #24871: refactor: Simplify GetTime (master...2204-time-🖤) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24871
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #24855: rpc: Fix `setwalletflag` disabling of flags (master...fix-setwalletflag-disabling) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24855
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/6be319beb8d6...d1b3dfb275fd
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 17ab31a Andrew Chow: rpc, wallet: setwalletflags warnings are optional
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 88376c6 Andrew Chow: test: Test for disabling wallet flags
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master d1b3dfb fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24855: rpc: Fix `setwalletflag` disabling of flags
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] w0xlt closed pull request #24868: rpc, wallet: Keep the same response from `RPCHelpMan setwalletflag()` regardless of whether the flag is false or true (master...set_wallet_flag_fix) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24868
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #24841: test: fix connman UB by calling derived constructor (master...fix-test-connman-ub) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24841
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/f3e0ace8ecd8...6be319beb8d6
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c848a45 chinggg: test: fix connman UB by calling derived constructor
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6be319b MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24841: test: fix connman UB by calling derived const...
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] w0xlt opened pull request #24868: rpc, wallet: Keep the same response from `RPCHelpMan setwalletflag()` regardless of whether the flag is false or true (master...set_wallet_flag_fix) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24868

2022-04-15

<letmut> sipa: thanks for your contributions in bitcoin
<bitcoin-git> [gui] prusnak opened pull request #585: qt: replace QRegExp with QRegularExpression (master...qregexp-obsolete) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/585
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #24866: build: No longer need to hack the `PATH` variable in `config.site` (master...220415-tools) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24866
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto reopened pull request #24566: build: Drop redundant checks for ranlib and strip tools (master...220314-conf) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24566
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] aureleoules opened pull request #24865: rpc: Enable wallet import on pruned nodes and add test (master...2022-04-importwallet-pruned) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24865
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #24824: net: create IP to ASN database from file - makeseeds.py (master...contrib-seeds-asn) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24824
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj opened pull request #24864: contrib: Use asmap for ASN lookup in makeseeds (master...2022-04-makeseeds-use-asmap) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24864
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonatack opened pull request #24863: contrib: improve makeseeds.py progress indicator (master...improve-makeseeds-progress-indicator) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24863
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj opened pull request #24862: contrib: Remove suspicious hosts list from makeseeds (master...2022-04-makeseeds-remove-suspicious-hosts-list) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24862
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto closed pull request #24756: build: Bump expat to the latest version (master...220404-expat) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24756
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/72477ebb1122...f3e0ace8ecd8
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f3e0ace Hennadii Stepanov: Merge bitcoin-core/gui#579: Getting ready to Qt 6 (2/n). Remove `QApplicat...
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3eaf5db Hennadii Stepanov: qt: Remove `QApplication::globalStrut()` call
<bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto merged pull request #579: Getting ready to Qt 6 (2/n). Remove `QApplication::globalStrut()` (master...220409-strut) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/579
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master aa23960 Hennadii Stepanov: qt, refactor: Make BitcoinUnits::Unit a scoped enum
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto pushed 7 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/7190de9fb889...72477ebb1122
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 75832fd Hennadii Stepanov: qt: Use QVariant instead of int for BitcoinUnit in QSettings
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 152d5ba Hennadii Stepanov: qt, refactor: Remove BitcoinUnits::valid function
<bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto merged pull request #556: refactor: Make BitcoinUnits::Unit a scoped enum (master...units-scoped-enum) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/556
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b1bc143 w0xlt: qt, refactor: remove redundant scope in `TransactionDesc::FormatTxStatus()`
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 045f8d0 w0xlt: scripted-diff: rename nDepth -> depth
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto pushed 6 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/012d33f70ba6...7190de9fb889
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master ad6aded w0xlt: qt, refactor: remove unused parameters in `TransactionDesc::FormatTxStatus...
<bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto merged pull request #552: Refactor `TransactionDesc::FormatTxStatus` and ` TransactionStatus` (master...pr24067-follow-ups) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/552
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #24847: ci: Bump vcpkg to the latest version `2022.04.12` (master...220413-vcpkg) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24847
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/333a41882c5c...012d33f70ba6
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5561f17 Hennadii Stepanov: ci: Make Qt configure option change invalidate "msvc_qt_built_cache"
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master ca40d64 Hennadii Stepanov: ci: Bump vcpkg to the latest version
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b2c3d10 Hennadii Stepanov: Revert "build: Specify `zeromq` port explicitly for MSVC builds"
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] darosior opened pull request #24860: Miniscript integration follow-ups (master...miniscript_updates) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24860
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #24172: doc: Add pre-splitoff translation update to `release-process.md` (master...220126-tr) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24172
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/7da4f65a00a8...333a41882c5c
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 333a418 laanwj: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24172: doc: Add pre-splitoff translation update to `...
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6e328ff Hennadii Stepanov: doc: Add pre-splitoff translation update to release-process.md
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #24818: net: improve and address issues in makeseeds.py (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24818
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c457fb1 Baas: improve clarity and up max ipv6 ASNs
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/e14f0fa6a346...7da4f65a00a8
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7da4f65 laanwj: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24818: net: improve and address issues in makeseeds....
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] w0xlt opened pull request #24859: Change wallet validation order (master...create_wallet_validation_order) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24859

2022-04-14

<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] mruddy opened pull request #24858: reindex, log, test: incorrect blk file size calculation during reindex results in undesirable blk file malformedness (master...issue_21379) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24858
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto closed pull request #24566: build: Drop redundant checks for ranlib and strip tools (master...220314-conf) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24566
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ajtowns opened pull request #24857: validation: default initialize and guard chainman members (master...202204-best_invalid) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24857
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hdutra opened pull request #24856: lint: Converting lint-assertions.sh to lint-assertions.py (master...port-assertions-linter) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24856
<core-meetingbot> topic: Bitcoin Core development discussion and commit log | Feel free to watch, but please take commentary and usage questions to #bitcoin | Channel logs: http://www.erisian.com.au/bitcoin-core-dev/, http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/ | Meeting topics http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt / http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedwalletmeetingtopics.txt
<laanwj> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8 11 blockers at the moment, 1 chasing concept ACK
<laanwj> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: achow101 _aj_ amiti ariard BlueMatt cfields Chris_Stewart_5 darosior digi_james dongcarl elichai2 emilengler fanquake fjahr gleb glozow gmaxwell gwillen hebasto instagibbs jamesob jarolrod jb55 jeremyrubin jl2012 jnewbery jonasschnelli jonatack jtimon kallewoof kanzure kvaciral laanwj larryruane lightlike luke-jr maaku marcofalke meshcollider michagogo moneyball
<core-meetingbot> Meeting started Thu Apr 14 19:02:02 2022 UTC. The chair is laanwj. Information about MeetBot at https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings.
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 opened pull request #24855: rpc: Fix `setwalletflag` disabling of flags (master...fix-setwalletflag-disabling) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24855
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #19952: build, ci: Add file-based logging for individual packages (master...200913-log) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19952
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7f65088 Hennadii Stepanov: depends: Add file-based logging for individual packages
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/cf0a8b9c4870...e14f0fa6a346
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e14f0fa laanwj: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#19952: build, ci: Add file-based logging for individ...
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 86c2889 Hennadii Stepanov: ci: Make log verbose in error case only
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #24854: Remove not needed ArithToUint256 roundtrips in tests (master...2204-round-💈) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24854
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #24559: test: add test for signet miner script (master...202203-test-add_test_for_signet_miner) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24559
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/d0f7493b6c80...cf0a8b9c4870
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 449b96e Sebastian Falbesoner: test: add `is_bitcoin_util_compiled` helper
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master dde33ec Sebastian Falbesoner: test: determine path to `bitcoin-util` in test framework
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 038d2a6 Sebastian Falbesoner: test: add test for signet miner script
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #24849: lint: Convert lint-logs.sh to Python (master...lint-logs-port) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24849
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/b69fd5eaa99f...d0f7493b6c80
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master d0f7493 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24849: lint: Convert lint-logs.sh to Python
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e9d2771 Dimitri: lint: Convert lint-logs.sh to Python
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/24835 | Revert "Do not consider blocked networks local" by dergoegge · Pull Request #24835 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed tag v23.0rc5: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/v23.0rc5
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 commits to 23.x: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/dabac355c85a...9549b28c04bb
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/23.x cf42ffd laanwj: qt: 23.0rc5 translations update
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/23.x 9549b28 laanwj: doc: Update manual pages for 23.0rc5
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/23.x 30ad7ac laanwj: build: Bump rc to 23.0rc5
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #24843: [23.x] rc5 backports (23.x...rc5_backports) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24843
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/23.x dabac35 laanwj: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24843: [23.x] rc5 backports
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to 23.x: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/b6253829c182...dabac355c85a
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/23.x a75b8ec fanquake: guix: fix GCC 10.3.0 + mingw-w64 setjmp/longjmp issues
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Kvaciral opened pull request #24853: lint: Convert lint-git-commit-check.sh to Python (master...lint-git-commit-check-port) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24853
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #22052: net: remove non-blocking bool from interface (master...bitcoin-nonblocking-true) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22052
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b69fd5e laanwj: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#22052: net: remove non-blocking bool from interface
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c71117f Bushstar: net: remove non-blocking bool from interface
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/1e3ed01faa77...b69fd5eaa99f
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #22851: [WIP] Add Python ChaCha20 and bindings for CPP ChaCha20 (master...chacha20-test-coverage) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22851
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #24787: refactor: Get rid of `boost/algorithm/string.hpp` (master...220204-boost) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24787
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #23416: doc: Remove fee delta TODO from txmempool.cpp (master...2111-docFeeDelta) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23416
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/6c9bc14a3f2c...1e3ed01faa77
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa32cc0 MarcoFalke: doc: Remove fee delta TODO from txmempool.cpp
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1e3ed01 laanwj: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#23416: doc: Remove fee delta TODO from txmempool.cpp...
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #24842: guix: fix GCC 10.3.0 + mingw-w64 setjmp/longjmp issues (master...guix_fix_windows_longjmp) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24842
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/8e3c266a4f02...6c9bc14a3f2c
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 457148a fanquake: guix: fix GCC 10.3.0 + mingw-w64 setjmp/longjmp issues
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6c9bc14 laanwj: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24842: guix: fix GCC 10.3.0 + mingw-w64 setjmp/longj...
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #24273: p2p: Split network logging into two categories #24247 (master...first_issue) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24273
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] martinus opened pull request #24852: util: optimizes HexStr (master...2022-03-HexStr-optimizations) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24852
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #24077: util: Make base_uint::GetHex() and base_uint::SetHex() not depend on uint256 (master...fix/arith_uint256-specializations) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24077
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/decde9bba6f9...8e3c266a4f02
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 8e3c266 laanwj: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24077: util: Make base_uint::GetHex() and base_uint:...
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a4f4f89 Samer Afach: Replace uint256 specific implementations of base_uint::GetHex() and base_u...
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] seejee opened pull request #24851: consensus: ignore BIP-30 verification in DisconnectBlock for problematic blocks (master...bip30-disconnect-block) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24851
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/24722 | build: patch around qt duplicate symbol issue by fanquake · Pull Request #24722 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Kvaciral opened pull request #24849: lint: Convert lint-logs.sh to Python (master...lint-logs-port) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24849

2022-04-13

<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #24847: ci: Bump vcpkg to the latest version `2022.04.12` (master...220413-vcpkg) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24847
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #24355: util, refactor: Add UNIQUE_NAME helper macro (master...220216-unique) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24355
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master decde9b laanwj: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24355: util, refactor: Add UNIQUE_NAME helper macro
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1633f5e Hennadii Stepanov: util, refactor: Add UNIQUE_NAME helper macro
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/9b7eb584ade2...decde9bba6f9
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/24559 | test: add test for signet miner script by theStack · Pull Request #24559 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #24285: build, refactor: Drop useless `call` Make function (master...220207-call) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24285
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e644591 Hennadii Stepanov: build, refactor: Drop useless `call` Make function
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/3bbc46ddafb6...9b7eb584ade2
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9b7eb58 laanwj: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24285: build, refactor: Drop useless `call` Make fun...
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/24632 | add `(none)` in -getinfo `Warnings:` if no warning returned by 1440000bytes · Pull Request #24632 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<sipa> laanwj: I think you left https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24846#issuecomment-1098420896 in the wrong PR
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #24632: add `(none)` in -getinfo `Warnings:` if no warning returned (master...getinfo-warning) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24632
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3bbc46d laanwj: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24632: add `(none)` in -getinfo `Warnings:` if no wa...
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0cea7b1 /dev/fd0: print `(none)` if no warnings in -getinfo
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/f60a63cc5f16...3bbc46ddafb6
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jamesob opened pull request #24846: developer-notes: allow lowerCamelCase for methods (master...jamesob-22-04-dev-notes-methods) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24846
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] furszy opened pull request #24845: wallet: createTransaction, return proper error description for "too-long-mempool-chain" + introduce generic Result classes (master...2022_wallet_operationresult) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24845
<bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto opened pull request #584: Getting ready to Qt 6 (5/n). Do not assume `qDBusRegisterMetaType` return type (master...220413-metatype) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/584
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Kvaciral opened pull request #24844: lint: Convert lint-whitespace.sh to Python (master...lint-whitespace-port) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24844
<bitcoin-git> [gui] w0xlt opened pull request #583: Add translator comments to `TransactionDesc::FormatTxStatus` (master...translator_comments_transactiondesc) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/583
<bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto closed pull request #494: Replace testnet with signet as a default network for Android (master...211201-signet) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/494
<bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto closed pull request #305: Display send/recv in Bps instead of totals in the debug window (master...SendRecvSpeed-gui) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/305
<bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto closed pull request #108: WIP: mempool stats chart (master...2020/03/mempool_graph) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/108
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/24157 | p2p: Replace RecursiveMutex `cs_totalBytesSent` with Mutex and rename it by w0xlt · Pull Request #24157 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #24843: [23.x] rc5 backports (23.x...rc5_backports) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24843
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #24842: guix: fix GCC 10.3.0 + mingw-w64 setjmp/longjmp issues (master...guix_fix_windows_longjmp) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24842
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] chinggg opened pull request #24841: test: fix connman UB by calling derived constructor (master...fix-test-connman-ub) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24841
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto closed pull request #24838: build, windows: Use Direct2D plugin (master...220412-d2d) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24838
<fanquake> hebasto / laanwj: I've added another GCC patch to our Guix build, that may fix https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/issues/582: https://github.com/fanquake/bitcoin/tree/guix_fix_windows_longjmp, if you wanted to test
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] whiteh0rse opened pull request #24840: test: port 'lint-shell.sh' to python (master...24783-port-lint-shell-to-python) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24840

2022-04-12

<bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto merged pull request #577: Getting ready to Qt 6 (1/n) (master...220409-qt6) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/577
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/f50976002645...f60a63cc5f16
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c7add88 Hennadii Stepanov: qt: Use `|` instead of `+` for key modifiers
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6f1e162 Hennadii Stepanov: qt: Fix headers
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6312575 Hennadii Stepanov: qt: Update deprecated enum value
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2489b6f Jon Atack: gui: count test failures in test runner summary
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master ba44aae Jon Atack: gui: add test runner summary
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/0f46e73c740e...f50976002645
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master d025d7f Jon Atack: gui, refactor: rename fInvalid to num_test_failures in test_main.cpp
<bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto merged pull request #576: Add qt unit test runner summary (master...gui-test-runner-summary) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/576
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 127de22 Jon Atack: gui: add FormatPeerAge() utility helper
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 209301a randymcmillan: gui: add Age column to peers tab
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/2b5a741e98f1...0f46e73c740e
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 51708c4 randymcmillan: gui: peersWidget - ResizeToContents Age and IP/Netmask columns
<bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto merged pull request #543: peers-tab: add connection duration column to tableview (master...1643853831-peers-tab-add-duration-column) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/543
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theStack opened pull request #24839: test: use MiniWallet for mining_prioritisetransaction.py (master...202204-test-use_MiniWallet_for_mining_prioritisetransaction) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24839
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #24838: build, windows: Use Direct2D plugin (master...220412-d2d) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24838
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14635 | developer-notes: allow lowerCamelCase by ryanofsky · Pull Request #14635 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ryanofsky opened pull request #24837: init: Prevent -noproxy and -proxy=0 from interacting with other settings (master...pr/proxyi) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24837
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] glozow opened pull request #24836: add RPC (-regtest only) for testing package policy (master...client-submitpackage) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24836
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] dergoegge opened pull request #24835: Revert "Do not consider blocked networks local" (master...2022-04-revert-1653f97c) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24835
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Xekyo closed pull request #24712: wallet: reduce coin selection iterations (master...2022-03-reduce-coin-selection-iterations) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24712
<jonatack> receiving blocks from outbounds seems to be the most common case for me, at least (i.e. topology in https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/24805#issuecomment-1092917376)
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #24834: Chaincode Labs Bitcoin Seminar (master...feature/Chaincode_Labs_Bitcoin_Seminar) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24834
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] JhonZuluaga007 opened pull request #24834: Chaincode Labs Bitcoin Seminar (master...feature/Chaincode_Labs_Bitcoin_Seminar) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24834
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonatack opened pull request #24833: refactor: consensus/tx_verify.{h,cpp} fixups (master...consensus-tx_verify-fixups) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24833
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] kcalvinalvin opened pull request #24832: index: Verify the block filter hash when reading the filter from disk. (master...2020-06-14-blockfilterindex-checksums) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24832
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #24831: [POC] tidy: add include-what-you-use (master...include_what_you_use) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24831
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ryanofsky opened pull request #24830: init: Allow -noproxy and -proxy="" setting values (master...pr/proxy) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24830

2022-04-11

<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #24826: builder-keys: Add will8clark (master...will8clark-pgp-key) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24826
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 795dd70 willcl-ark: builder-keys: Add will8clark
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2b5a741 fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24826: builder-keys: Add will8clark
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/7626e547b854...2b5a741e98f1
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Adlai-Holler opened pull request #24827: Fix undefined behavior in socket address handling (master...fix_sock_ub) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24827
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] willcl-ark opened pull request #24826: builder-keys: Add will8clark (master...will8clark-pgp-key) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24826
<laanwj> (this is what guix-verify.py in bitcoin-maintainer-tools uses it for, but you can have multiple things comma-separated if you want)
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #24337: build: Do not define `PROVIDE_FUZZ_MAIN_FUNCTION` macro unconditionally (master...220214-fuzz) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24337
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c9c4e6c Hennadii Stepanov: build: Do not define `PROVIDE_FUZZ_MAIN_FUNCTION` macro unconditionally
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7626e54 fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24337: build: Do not define `PROVIDE_FUZZ_MAIN_FUNCT...
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/22e3b6f4d5d2...7626e547b854
<laanwj> also sent out an announcement mail to bitcoin-core-dev
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #24800: lint: convert lint-python-mutable-default-parameters.sh to Python (master...port-lint-script-to-python) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24800
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 22e3b6f MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24800: lint: convert lint-python-mutable-default-par...
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/cd110cdd0e55...22e3b6f4d5d2
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e8e48fa TakeshiMusgrave: Converted lint-python-mutable-default-parameters.sh to python
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #24817: test: use MiniWallet for feature_fee_estimation.py (master...202204-test-use_MiniWallet_for_feature_fee_estimation) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24817
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/4a58b6acd28f...cd110cdd0e55
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 494455f Sebastian Falbesoner: test: use MiniWallet for feature_fee_estimation.py
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master cd110cd MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24817: test: use MiniWallet for feature_fee_estimati...
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #24797: test: compare `/chaininfo` response with `getblockchaininfo` RPC (master...2022-04-compare-blockchaininfo-rest-chaininfo) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24797
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/747cdf1d652d...4a58b6acd28f
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0f7dc89 brunoerg: test: compare `/chaininfo` response with `getblockchaininfo` RPC
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 4a58b6a MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24797: test: compare `/chaininfo` response with `get...
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #24821: refactor: remove preset coins in linear time with remove-erase idiom (master...remove-preselect-remove-erase) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24821
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] russeree opened pull request #24824: Loading ASN directory from a .tsv file. (master...contrib-seeds-asn) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24824
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] russeree closed pull request #24823: #17020 : ASN file Implementation (master...seeds-asn) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24823
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] russeree opened pull request #24823: #17020 : ASN file Implementation (master...seeds-asn) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24823

2022-04-10

<sipa> Hi, I'm trying to gather some statistics on typical average message sizes in the P2P protocol for Bitcoin Core nodes. I have a commit on https://github.com/sipa/bitcoin/commit/6a692f0835e7f1b054b2b82893aa78f77344e89b that adds such statistics to the getnettotals RPC. I'd very much appreciate it if people could run it for a few days and report back.
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] rag-hav opened pull request #24821: refactor: remove preset coins in linear time with remove-erase idiom (master...remove-preselect-remove-erase) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24821
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] akankshakashyap opened pull request #24820: test: 3 new tests for SelectCoins function (master...coin_selection_tc) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24820
<bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto opened pull request #581: refactor: Revamp `ClientModel` code to handle core signals (master...220410-invoke) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/581
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] RF5 opened pull request #24818: net: improve and address issues in makeseeds.py (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24818
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theStack opened pull request #24817: test: use MiniWallet for feature_fee_estimation.py (master...202204-test-use_MiniWallet_for_feature_fee_estimation) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24817

2022-04-09

<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] KevinMusgrave opened pull request #24815: Converted lint-tests.sh to python (master...lint-tests-python-port) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24815
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #24792: Update libsecp256k1 subtree to current master (master...update_libsecp256k1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24792
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 7 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/87c7dcc60d62...747cdf1d652d
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master afb7a6f fanquake: Squashed 'src/secp256k1/' changes from 0559fc6e41..8746600eec
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master d960d4f dhruv: build: fix MSVC build after subtree update
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2619657 fanquake: Update secp256k1 subtree to latest upstream master
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] rag-hav opened pull request #24814: improve complexity of removing preselected coins (master...remove-preselect) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24814
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #24813: build: Getting ready to Qt 6 (4/n). Improve `build-aux/m4/bitcoin_qt.m4` (master...220409-appcheck) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24813
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #24808: doc: update RPC argument and field naming guideline in developer notes (master...update-developer-notes-rpc-argument-and-field-naming-guideline) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24808
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 87c7dcc MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24808: doc: update RPC argument and field naming gui...
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 8b3f1e3 Jon Atack: Update RPC argument and field naming guideline in developer notes
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/e0680bbce8b8...87c7dcc60d62
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #24734: Put lock contention logging behind `DEBUG_LOCKCONTENTION` preprocessor directive (master...change-lock-logging-to-DEBUG_LOCKCONTENTION) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24734
<bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto opened pull request #580: Getting ready to Qt 6 (3/n). Do not use `QKeyEvent` copy constructor (master...220409-event) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/580

2022-04-08

<bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto opened pull request #579: Getting ready to Qt 6 (2/n). Remove `QApplication::globalStrut()` (master...220409-strut) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/579
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] aureleoules opened pull request #24812: util/check: Add CheckNonFatal identity function and use it in src/rpc (master...check_non_fatal_identity) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24812
<bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto opened pull request #577: Getting ready to Qt 6 (1/n) (master...220409-qt6) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/577
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Empact opened pull request #24811: refactor: Prepare for moving ArgsManager out of util/system (master...2022-03-util-args-manager-prep) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24811
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/801100 | HTTP Error 404: Not Found
<lightlike> wouldn't logging be more suitable for gathering data over an extended time? Such as the added line by aj in https://bitcoin-irc.chaincode.com/bitcoin-core-dev/2022-04-07#801100;
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/982 | Startup blocks on mutex at "Loading Addresses" · Issue #982 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/979 | Move WALLET_UPDATE_DEBUG output to normal debug.log by luke-jr · Pull Request #979 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/24792 | Update libsecp256k1 subtree to current master by fanquake · Pull Request #24792 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<jonatack> see https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/24805#issuecomment-1092917376 in "[meta] Collect time offset samples" for a patch that adds getpeerinfo timeoffset to -netinfo, if helpful to anyone
<bitcoin-git> [gui] laanwj closed pull request #575: qt: Remove dbus notification code (master...2022-04-qt-implicit-dbus) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/575
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed tag v23.0rc4: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/v23.0rc4
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/23.x d37081e laanwj: qt: 23.0rc4 translations update
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/23.x 5f86355 laanwj: build: Bump rc to 23.0rc4
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 commits to 23.x: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/308a2022c0f4...b6253829c182
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/23.x b625382 laanwj: doc: Update manual pages for 23.0rc4
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #24807: [23.x] Final rc4 backports (23.x...final_rc4_backports) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24807
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/23.x 69cc83d Jon Atack: Add DEBUG_LOCKCONTENTION documentation to the developer notes
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/23.x 6374e24 Jon Atack: Put lock logging behind DEBUG_LOCKCONTENTION preprocessor directive
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 4 commits to 23.x: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/1ea76767d081...308a2022c0f4
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/23.x e3e4be9 Luke Dashjr: RPC: Switch getblockfrompeer back to standard param name blockhash
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonatack opened pull request #24808: doc: update RPC argument and field naming guideline in developer notes (master...update-developer-notes-rpc-argument-and-field-naming-guideline) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24808
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #24806: RPC: Switch getblockfrompeer back to standard param name blockhash (master...use_bloch_hash) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24806
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/c1059c9fef18...e0680bbce8b8
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e0680bb fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24806: RPC: Switch getblockfrompeer back to standard...
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 88917f9 Luke Dashjr: RPC: Switch getblockfrompeer back to standard param name blockhash
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #24770: Put lock logging behind DEBUG_LOCKCONTENTION preprocessor directive (master...change-lock-logging-to-DEBUG_LOCKCONTENTION-one-commit) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24770
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c1059c9 fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24770: Put lock logging behind DEBUG_LOCKCONTENTION ...
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 4394733 Jon Atack: Add DEBUG_LOCKCONTENTION documentation to the developer notes
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 39a34b6 Jon Atack: Put lock logging behind DEBUG_LOCKCONTENTION preprocessor directive
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/38d3d0bfc4ca...c1059c9fef18
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #24807: [23.x] Final rc4 backports (23.x...final_rc4_backports) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24807
<_aj_> MarcoFalke: https://github.com/ajtowns/bitcoin/blob/201908-systime/src/util/time.h was what i was playing with last time; was digging through net/processing which made things complicated
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #24806: RPC: Switch getblockfrompeer back to standard param name blockhash (master...use_bloch_hash) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24806
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/24697 | refactor: Use type-safe time for address relay by MarcoFalke · Pull Request #24697 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #24294: RPC: Switch getblockfrompeer back to standard param names blockhash and nodeid (master...getblockfrompeer_param_names) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24294
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/24294 | RPC: Switch getblockfrompeer back to standard param names blockhash and nodeid by luke-jr · Pull Request #24294 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/24770 | Put lock logging behind DEBUG_LOCKCONTENTION preprocessor directive by jonatack · Pull Request #24770 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke reopened pull request #24697: refactor: Use type-safe time for address relay (master...2203-refactor-addr-relay-time-🌦) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24697
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/24792 | Update libsecp256k1 subtree to current master by fanquake · Pull Request #24792 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<laanwj> as for VPSes and containers that don't allow setting the time, and have it drift, that's a really lousy VPS and it's probably a bad idea to run a bitcoin node on it, expecting user-space software to work around kernel level problems is pretty unreasonable
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/24805 | [meta] Collect time offset samples · Issue #24805 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<_aj_> bitcoin-cli getpeerinfo | jq '.[] | select(.inbound) | select(.timeoffset | fabs > 30) | .timeoffset'
<MarcoFalke> It is also expected that the time offset is large for some peers. For example -reindex will set the time offest to the duration of the reindex: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/0ac42c49f7bfc1e158a83c6d98bc465b06894e8a
<_aj_> bitcoin-cli getpeerinfo | jq '.[] | select(.inbound) | (.timeoffset | fabs)' | sort -n
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/23695 | p2p: Always serialize local timestamp for version msg by MarcoFalke · Pull Request #23695 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<z3r0day> kanzure: biggest attack on bitcoin is gatekeepers like you
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] aureleoules opened pull request #24804: Sanity assert GetAncestor() != nullptr where appropriate (master...assert_get_ancestor_rebase) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24804

2022-04-07

<jonatack> ₿ ./src/bitcoin-cli getpeerinfo | jq '.[] | select(.inbound) | select(.timeoffset!=0) | .timeoffset' | wc
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Eunoia1729 opened pull request #24803: linnt: convert submodule linter test to Python (master...lint-submodule-py) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24803
<sipa> $ ./src/bitcoin-cli getpeerinfo | jq '.[] | select(.inbound) | select(.timeoffset>0) | .timeoffset' | wc
<_aj_> sipa: could be fun? bitcoin-cli getpeerinfo | jq .[].timeoffset | sort -n -- for current connections?
<sipa> $ ./src/bitcoin-cli uptime
<laanwj> clearly the real solution is to make bitcoin consensus independent of clock time :p
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto closed pull request #24781: build, qt: Drop unneeded direct dependency on freetype (master...220406-freetype) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24781
<core-meetingbot> topic: Bitcoin Core development discussion and commit log | Feel free to watch, but please take commentary and usage questions to #bitcoin | Channel logs: http://www.erisian.com.au/bitcoin-core-dev/, http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/ | Meeting topics http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt / http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedwalletmeetingtopics.txt
<laanwj> _aj_: which is the place where this should be solved, by people who study it and are specialized in it, fixing internet time sync is out of scope for bitcoin
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/23695 | p2p: Always serialize local timestamp for version msg by MarcoFalke · Pull Request #23695 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<sipa> _aj_: That'd only tell us how many light clients are out of sync, which may be very different from how often bitcoin core nodes are.
<laanwj> i mean if bitcoin's time adjustment was a serious contender for protecting against ntp attacks things would be different, but it is effectively unmaintained, never reasoned about code, with known unfixed issues for years
<sipa> ntp being unauthenticated is a problem, probably a bigger one than the issues enabled by bitcoin's time adjustment... but nothing we can do about
<laanwj> pretty sure there are many things more time sensitive than bitcoin, e.g. 2fa tokens