2019-04-01

< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 57908a7 João Barbosa: interfaces: Add Chain::requestMempoolTransactions
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2ebf650 João Barbosa: wallet: Update transactions with current mempool after load
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MishraShivendra opened pull request #15717: Changes to support NAT-PMP (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15717
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #15644: Make orphan processing interruptible (master...201903_interruptibleorphans) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15644
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/79c345a0114c...35477e9e4e3f
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9453018 Pieter Wuille: Simplify orphan processing in preparation for interruptibility
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6e051f3 Pieter Wuille: [MOVEONLY] Move processing of orphan queue to ProcessOrphanTx
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 866c805 Pieter Wuille: Interrupt orphan processing after every transaction
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15596 | rpc: Ignore sendmany::minconf as dummy value by MarcoFalke · Pull Request #15596 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] scravy opened pull request #15715: Better support for mainframes and EBCDIC users in general (master...cater-mainframes-and-ebcdic-users) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15715
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #15714: tests: Volkswagen (master...1904-testsVolkswagen) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15714
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ariard opened pull request #15713: refactor: Replace chain relayTransactions/submitMemoryPool by higher method (master...2019-03-refactor-relay-tx-submit-pool) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15713
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonathancross opened pull request #15712: Update Copyright -> 2019 (master...copyright-2019) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15712

2019-03-31

< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #15711: gui: Generate bech32 addresses by default (master...1904-guiBech32) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15711
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #15692: doc: Mention wiki release notes draft in release-process (master...1904-docRel) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15692
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Bushstar opened pull request #15710: Catch ios_base::failure specifically (master...walletdb-readthrow) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15710
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Bushstar opened pull request #15709: Do not add setting as unknown (master...walletdb-settings) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15709
< wumpus> (there's nothing wrong with asking that question on twitter on your own personal accord, but having it come from "bitcoin core" is going to cause lots of noise)
< moneyball> i was just wondering if it is a communication option for things like this https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15560#issuecomment-478300049

2019-03-30

< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] vcgato29 opened pull request #15707: Local v0.17.1 (master...local-v0.17.1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15707
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #15707: Local v0.17.1 (master...local-v0.17.1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15707
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] lucayepa opened pull request #15706: Check QT library version (master...check-qt-version) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15706
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] luke-jr opened pull request #15704: Move Win32 defines to configure.ac to ensure they are globally defined (master...win32_defines_globally) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15704
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa opened pull request #15703: Update secp256k1 subtree to latest upstream (master...201903_secp256k1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15703

2019-03-29

< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/00ca24b68fc4...79c345a0114c
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master afc06fc Torkel Rogstad: rpc: Fix help text for signtransactionwithXXX
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 79c345a MarcoFalke: Merge #15669: rpc: Fix help text for signtransactionwithXXX
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #15669: rpc: Fix help text for signtransactionwithXXX (master...signrawtx-rpc-help) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15669
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1111f07 MarcoFalke: test: .style.yapf: Set column_limit=160
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 00ca24b MarcoFalke: Merge #15533: test: .style.yapf: Set column_limit=160
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #15533: test: .style.yapf: Set column_limit=160 (master...1903-testNoPep8Collim) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15533
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/0baf4b1f9663...00ca24b68fc4
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jnewbery closed pull request #15010: [wallet] Fix getbalance with minconf (master...fix_getbalance_with_minconf) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15010
< sipa> yeah, so your bitcoin core wallet will correspond to a union of several things that are (possibly) compatible with an electrum wallet individually
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] promag opened pull request #15700: rfc: Synchronize validation interface registration (master...2019-03-sync-validation-interface-registration) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15700
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift opened pull request #15699: Remove no-op CClientUIInterface::[signal_name]_disconnect. Disconnect BlockNotifyGenesisWait and RPCNotifyBlockChange properly. (master...remove-CClientUIInterface-signal_name_disconnect) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15699
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #15697: qa: Make swap_magic_bytes in p2p_invalid_messages atomic (master...1904-qaMagicAtomic) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15697
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #15696: [qa] test_runner: Move feature_pruning to base tests (master...1904-qaPruning) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15696
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #15683: Comment for seemingly duplicate LIBBITCOIN_SERVER (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15683
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/dc5c2e440746...0baf4b1f9663
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2a1408c Peter Bushnell: Comment for seemingly duplicate LIBBITCOIN_SERVER
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0baf4b1 MarcoFalke: Merge #15683: Comment for seemingly duplicate LIBBITCOIN_SERVER
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #15686: [tests] make pruning test faster (master...2019_03_faster_pruning_test) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15686
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/904129b35dd6...dc5c2e440746
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1c29ac4 John Newbery: [tests] style fixes in feature_pruning.py
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 03d6d23 John Newbery: [tests] make pruning test faster
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master dc5c2e4 MarcoFalke: Merge #15686: [tests] make pruning test faster
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/edc68d40e968...904129b35dd6
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 8b8d8ee Graham Krizek: Remove travis_wait from lint script
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 904129b MarcoFalke: Merge #15255: [tests] Remove travis_wait from lint script
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #15255: [tests] Remove travis_wait from lint script (master...remove-travis_wait) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15255
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15255 | [tests] Remove travis_wait from lint script by gkrizek · Pull Request #15255 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/9e7dc682e0f6...edc68d40e968
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f6ee177 practicalswift: Remove unused AES-128 code
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master edc68d4 Jonas Schnelli: Merge #15663: crypto: Remove unused AES-128 code
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli merged pull request #15663: crypto: Remove unused AES-128 code (master...aes-128) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15663

2019-03-28

< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #15693: travis: Switch to ubuntu keyserver to avoid timeouts (master...1903-travisKeyTimeout) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15693
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #15692: doc: Mention wiki release notes draft in release-process (master...1904-docRel) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15692
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #15691: 0.18: rc3 backports (0.18...1904-18B) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15691
< jonasschnelli> "Digital Signature" shows "Bitcoin Core Code Signing Association"... Digest is sha1
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] dongcarl opened pull request #15689: netaddress: Update CNetAddr for ORCHIDv2 (master...2019-03-account-for-orchidv2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15689
< gmaxwell> I've always made a point of CCing other people (usually wumpus and sipa) anytime I communicated something 'for bitcoin core project', even dumb stuff like lame whining at people for idiotic tweets. ... just so if I drop off the face of the earth someone has context.
< moneyball> this is a summary of our guidance https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15560#issuecomment-471690972
< sipa> the left column which is mostly green on https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bech32_adoption is pretty encouraging
< gmaxwell> I'm concerned that we're erroring a little too strongly towards total compatiblity, which is causing industry participants to make an economically rational decision to ignore updating their bitcoin support in favor of supporting more altcoins.
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15560 | When to make bech32 the default -addresstype? · Issue #15560 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< MarcoFalke> > htop is telling me bitcoin-opencon is responsible. Peers are neither added or dropped coinciding with the CPU spike
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15665 | 0.18.0 rc2 CPU spike in thread bitcoin-opencon · Issue #15665 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15652 | wallet: Update transactions with current mempool after load by promag · Pull Request #15652 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15652 | wallet: Update transactions with current mempool after load by promag · Pull Request #15652 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb
< moneyball> we have 1 proposed topic! topic proposed by gmaxwell: Bech32 support shipped first in Bitcoin Core in Feb 2018, more than a year ago. We should consider making an announcement that Bitcoin Core intends to change the default addresstype from p2sh-segwit to bech32 in 0.19 or 0.20.
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonatack opened pull request #15687: test: tool wallet test coverage for unexpected writes to wallet (master...tool-wallet-tests-for-unexpected-writes-to-wallet-file) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15687
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] instagibbs closed pull request #15547: Switch wallet default to reject too-long transaction chains for mempool (master...walletreject_true) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15547
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jnewbery opened pull request #15686: [tests] make pruning test faster (master...2019_03_faster_pruning_test) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15686
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] dongcarl closed pull request #15671: net: Don't return unreachable local addresses for peer (master...2019-03-fix-getlocal) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15671
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/32e0428e371e...9e7dc682e0f6
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master faad33f MarcoFalke: rpc: Clarify decodescript RPCResult doc
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa3caa1 MarcoFalke: rpc: decodescript use IsValidNumArgs over hardcoded check
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa926ec MarcoFalke: rpc: Mention all output types in decodescript doc
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #15616: rpc: Clarify decodescript RPCResult doc (master...1903-rpcDocDecodeS) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15616
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #15684: doc/dependencies: Fix typo libsrvg->librsvg (master...typo_libsrvg) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15684
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/edb8df4fea13...32e0428e371e
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7d01b5c Luke Dashjr: doc/dependencies: Fix typo libsrvg->librsvg
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 32e0428 MarcoFalke: Merge #15684: doc/dependencies: Fix typo libsrvg->librsvg
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #15685: doc: rpc-mining: Clarify error messages (master...1903-docMining) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15685
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] luke-jr opened pull request #15684: doc/dependencies: Fix typo libsrvg->librsvg (master...typo_libsrvg) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15684
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Bushstar opened pull request #15683: Comment for seemingly duplicate LIBBITCOIN_SERVER (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15683
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] murrayn closed pull request #15500: Support for a bitcoind 'ready' file to indicate startup is complete. (master...ready_file) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15500
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 1 commit to 0.18: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/dcd96b84cf82...7bcf90cb01aa
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.18 7bcf90c Wladimir J. van der Laan: doc: Update manpages for changes since rc2
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 1 commit to 0.18: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/f14a0aa99b84...dcd96b84cf82
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.18 dcd96b8 Cory Fields: release: Update the Windows Codesigning certificate
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #15682: release: Update the Windows Codesigning certificate (master...new-win-cert) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15682
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/3702e1c17b6c...edb8df4fea13
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 43ae1e9 Cory Fields: release: Update the Windows Codesigning certificate
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master edb8df4 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #15682: release: Update the Windows Codesigning certificate
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to 0.18: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/7eab2db849d9...f14a0aa99b84
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.18 09a05e8 Wladimir J. van der Laan: qt: Translations update pre-rc3
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.18 f14a0aa Wladimir J. van der Laan: build: Bump to rc3
< wumpus> running bitcoin on an unupdated w7 ouch :)
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theuni opened pull request #15682: release: Update the Windows Codesigning certificate (master...new-win-cert) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15682
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] TheBlueMatt opened pull request #15681: [mempool] Allow one extra single-ancestor transaction per package (master...2019-03-lightning-policy) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15681
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15652 | wallet: Update transactions with current mempool after load by promag · Pull Request #15652 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub

2019-03-27

< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jnewbery opened pull request #15680: Remove resendwallettransactions RPC method (master...2019_03_remove_resendwallettransactions) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15680
< gmaxwell> [largey offtopic] Gemini can send to bc1 addresses now: https://np.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/b66n0v/psa_gemini_is_full_on_with_native_segwit_and_uses/
< dongcarl> sipa: We don't exactly care about the socktype and protocol here, correct? As this function seems to not care about the service level and only care about resolving names? https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/3702e1c17b6ccb01de2c0cde66dac26bd05e3183/src/netbase.cpp#L80
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa closed pull request #15678: Merge pull request #1 from bitcoin/master (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15678
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] goldenglorys opened pull request #15678: Merge pull request #1 from bitcoin/master (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15678
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #15646: [tests] Add test for wallet rebroadcasts (master...2019_03_wallet_rebroadcasat_test) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15646
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/656a15e5394d...3702e1c17b6c
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 529c1ae John Newbery: [tests] Add test for wallet rebroadcasts
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3702e1c MarcoFalke: Merge #15646: [tests] Add test for wallet rebroadcasts
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15632 | Remove ResendWalletTransactions from the Validation Interface by jnewbery · Pull Request #15632 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15632 | Remove ResendWalletTransactions from the Validation Interface by jnewbery · Pull Request #15632 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #15676: [doc] [trivial] fix grammar (master...patch-3) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15676
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] HashUnlimited opened pull request #15676: [doc] [trivial] fix grammar (master...patch-3) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15676
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #15620: rpc: Uncouple non-wallet rpcs from maxTxFee global (master...1903-rpcNoMaxTxFee) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15620
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/848ec5603f72...656a15e5394d
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa965e0 MarcoFalke: rpc: Use IsValidNumArgs over hardcoded size checks
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa96d76 MarcoFalke: rpc: Uncouple rpcs from maxTxFee global
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa1ad20 MarcoFalke: doc: Add release notes for 15620
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #15643: contrib: gh-merge: Include ACKs in merge commit (master...1903-ghMergeAck) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15643
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/208406038c12...848ec5603f72
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa1c073 MarcoFalke: contrib: gh-merge: Include review comments in merge commit
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 848ec56 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #15643: contrib: gh-merge: Include ACKs in merge commit
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #15519: Add Poly1305 implementation (master...2019/03/poly1305) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15519
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/e14cd04abbb5...208406038c12
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 03be7f4 Jonas Schnelli: Add Poly1305 implementation
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b34bf30 Jonas Schnelli: Add Poly1305 bench
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e9d5e97 Jonas Schnelli: Poly1305: tolerate the intentional unsigned wraparound in poly1305.cpp
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa closed pull request #15673: 0.18 (master...0.18) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15673
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Chery46 opened pull request #15673: 0.18 (master...0.18) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15673

2019-03-26

< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] dongcarl opened pull request #15672: [WIP] docs: Improve net comments (master...2019-02-net-comments) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15672
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] dongcarl opened pull request #15671: net: Don't return unreachable local addresses for peer (master...2019-03-fix-getlocal) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15671
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #15668: p2p: Slightly more private initial tx relay (master...1903-p2pSlightlyPrivateTxRelay) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15668
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ariard opened pull request #15670: refactor: combine Chain::findFirstBlockWithTime/findFirstBlockWithTim… (master...2019-03-remove-find-first-block-time-height) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15670
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #15637: rpc: Rename size to vsize in mempool related calls (master...rebased-13008-rename-size-vsize) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15637
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/8a8b03ecd221...e14cd04abbb5
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e16b6a7 Miguel Herranz: rpc: Rename size to vsize in mempool related calls
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e14cd04 MarcoFalke: Merge #15637: rpc: Rename size to vsize in mempool related calls
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] torkelrogstad opened pull request #15669: rpc: Fix help text for signtransactionwithXXX (master...signrawtx-rpc-help) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15669
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #15668: p2p: Slightly more private initial tx relay (master...1903-p2pSlightlyPrivateTxRelay) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15668
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #15666: Remove duplicate LIBBITCOIN_SERVER (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15666
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Bushstar opened pull request #15666: Remove duplicate LIBBITCOIN_SERVER (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15666
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15638 | Move-only: Pull wallet code out of libbitcoin_server by ryanofsky · Pull Request #15638 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10973 | Refactor: separate wallet from node by ryanofsky · Pull Request #10973 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< Pink_> Use bitcoin wallet JEFFREY HENRY BANKS
< Pink_> Bitcoin miner mining

2019-03-25

< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #15603: docs: Add more tips to productivity.md (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15603
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/7b13c6464579...8a8b03ecd221
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5801dd6 gwillen: docs: Add more tips to productivity.md
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 8a8b03e MarcoFalke: Merge #15603: docs: Add more tips to productivity.md
< achow101> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/psbt.md has some info on how to use them
< BostX> sipa: maybe some warnings would be helpful. Like "You're signing a TX w/ no inputs". Or maybe a better message in the `bitcoin-cli help signrawtransactionwithwallet`
< BostX> sipa: Uhm... I'd like to sign my TX on an offline computer where I don't want to install anything other than bitcoin-core.
< sipa> BostX: perhaps you should head to bitcoin.stackexchange.com
< BostX> sipa: I created: bitcoin-cli createrawtransaction '[]' '{"unused-new-address": <number>}'
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] instagibbs opened pull request #15664: change default Python block serialization to witness, test round-trip (master...default_wit_block) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15664
< midnightmagic> Just a hackish informational thing that means I don't have to use bitcoin-iterate
< gmaxwell> It gets used by things like custom wallet software to make bitcoin core track data needed for spending. I assume electrum personal server uses it. Joinmarket uses it.
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift opened pull request #15663: Remove unused AES-128 code (master...aes-128) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15663
< harding> echeveria: yes, but (as I mentioned) Bitcoin Core trickles txes. That is, it doesn't send to each of its peers immediately but separates all of its peers into buckets of peers and maintains a queue of transactions for each bucket, sending to all the peers in the bucket on some schedule. This means a transaction may be propagated to a non-spy node, relayed through the network, and then heard about by the spy node from some other
< harding> echeveria: encryption by itself, if we assume no mitm and no eclipse, improves own-transaction relay privacy in combination with Bitcoin Core's existing tx trickling code. Right now when you send your own transaction, spy nodes can't be sure whether you originated a transaction or just relayed it. However, your ISP can see that you never received the tx over clearnet before sending it, so unless your node is also on Tor or
< echeveria> I couldn't work that out. its pretty clear what is running bitcoin, from the traffic or the port number.

2019-03-24

< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15658 | depends: files missing from bitcoincore.org fallback · Issue #15658 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sdaftuar opened pull request #15660: [qa] Overhaul p2p_compactblocks.py (master...2019-03-refactor-p2p-compactblocks-2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15660
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] r8921039 opened pull request #15659: [docs] fix findFork comment (master...fix_findFork_comment) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15659
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli closed pull request #14050: Add chacha20/poly1305 and chacha20poly1305_AEAD from openssh (master...2018/08/bip151_chachapoly1305) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14050
< echeveria> harding: the only other one I was thinking of was Parity Bitcoin, and they seemed to have only been funded to create that for a very short period.
< harding> echeveria: not that I'm aware of at the moment. I was thinking about 2015-17 contention between Bitcoin Core and some of the stuff Unlimited was doing. Also XT had BIP64 support and a different protocol version.
< echeveria> is there any actually used implementation of a bitcoin node other than btcd and bitcoin core?
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] promag closed pull request #13189: Remove 2nd mapTx lookup in CTxMemPool::removeForBlock (master...2018-05-txmempool-removeforblock) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13189
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14853 | depends: latest RapidCheck by fanquake · Pull Request #14853 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< Randolf> whiteface: That question is better-suited for the #bitcoin channel.
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15463 | rpc: Speedup getaddressesbylabel by promag · Pull Request #15463 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15474 | rest/rpc: Make mempoolinfo atomic by promag · Pull Request #15474 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub

2019-03-23

< echeveria> luke-jr: the thing they’re useful for in bitcoin core is wallet rescans.
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] promag opened pull request #15656: wallet: Keep all outputs in bumpfee (master...2019-03-bumpall) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15656
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] 251Labs opened pull request #15655: Resolve the checkpoints <-> validation circular dependency (master...patch/resolve-checkpoints-validation-cd) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15655
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #15654: net: Remove unused unsanitized user agent string CNode::strSubVer (master...1903-netUABytes) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15654
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #15647: [rpc] Remove deprecated functionality message from validateaddress help (0.18...2019_03_backport_remove_verifyaddress_deprecated_warning) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15647
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to 0.18: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/b0222428879f...7eab2db849d9
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.18 be8b9c6 John Newbery: [rpc] Remove deprecated functionality message from validateaddress help
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.18 7eab2db MarcoFalke: Merge #15647: [rpc] Remove deprecated functionality message from validatea...
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] promag opened pull request #15652: wallet: Update transactions with current mempool after load (master...2019-03-fix-15591) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15652
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15647 | [rpc] Remove deprecated functionality message from validateaddress help by jnewbery · Pull Request #15647 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #15642: [rpc] Remove deprecated rpc warnings (master...2019_03_remove_signrawtransaction) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15642
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/68520597ccf8...7b13c6464579
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 839c3f7 John Newbery: [rpc] Remove signrawtransaction warning
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7b6616b John Newbery: [rpc] Remove deprecated functionality message from validateaddress help
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 947f73c John Newbery: [docs] remove reference to signrawtransaction in the developer docs.
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15642 | [rpc] Remove deprecated rpc warnings by jnewbery · Pull Request #15642 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gmaxwell> https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bech32_adoption < useful reference.
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15560 | When to make bech32 the default -addresstype? · Issue #15560 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gmaxwell> #proposedmeetingtopic Bech32 support shipped first in Bitcoin Core in Feb 2018, more than a year ago. We should consider making an announcement that Bitcoin Core intends to change the default addresstype from p2sh-segwit to bech32 in 0.19 or 0.20.
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] luke-jr opened pull request #15651: torcontrol: Use the default/standard network port for Tor hidden services, even if the internal port is set differently (master...tor_standard_port) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15651
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] lucayepa opened pull request #15650: Handle the result of posix_fallocate system call (master...handle-posix-fallocate) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15650

2019-03-22

< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli opened pull request #15649: Add ChaCha20Poly1305@Bitcoin AEAD (master...2019/03/chachapoly1305) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15649
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jnewbery opened pull request #15647: [rpc] Remove deprecated functionality message from validateaddress help (0.18...2019_03_backport_remove_verifyaddress_deprecated_warning) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15647
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jnewbery opened pull request #15646: [tests] Add test for wallet rebroadcasts (master...2019_03_wallet_rebroadcasat_test) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15646
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #15631: qa: mininode: Clearer error message on invalid magic bytes (master...1903-qaMagicMininode) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15631
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/abd914ed34f1...68520597ccf8
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fab0a68 MarcoFalke: qa: mininode: Clearer error message on invalid magic bytes
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6852059 MarcoFalke: Merge #15631: qa: mininode: Clearer error message on invalid magic bytes
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa opened pull request #15644: Make orphan processing interruptible (master...201903_interruptibleorphans) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15644
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #15643: contrib: gh-merge: Include review comments in merge commit (master...1903-ghMergeAck) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15643
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #15641: Backport #15614 to 0.18: gui: Defer removeAndDeleteWallet when no modal widget is active (0.18...2019/03/promag/2019-03-wallet-modal-widget) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15641
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to 0.18: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/238ef3369296...b0222428879f
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.18 98a24a2 João Barbosa: gui: Defer removeAndDeleteWallet when no modal widget is active
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.18 b022242 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #15641: Backport #15614 to 0.18: gui: Defer removeAndDeleteWallet wh...
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jnewbery opened pull request #15642: [rpc] Remove deprecated rpc functionality (master...2019_03_remove_signrawtransaction) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15642
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15493 | rfc: Add -printconfig arg to bitcoind by promag · Pull Request #15493 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonatack reopened pull request #15607: [Docs] Release process updates (master...release-process-updates) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15607
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonatack closed pull request #15607: [Docs] Release process updates (master...release-process-updates) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15607
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli opened pull request #15641: Backport #15614 to 0.18: gui: Defer removeAndDeleteWallet when no modal widget is active (0.18...2019/03/promag/2019-03-wallet-modal-widget) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15641
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15591 | balance wrong after unloading wallet and loading it again · Issue #15591 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15614 | gui: Defer removeAndDeleteWallet when no modal widget is active by promag · Pull Request #15614 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli merged pull request #15614: gui: Defer removeAndDeleteWallet when no modal widget is active (master...2019-03-wallet-modal-widget) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15614
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/717fd58c4ba5...abd914ed34f1
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a10972b João Barbosa: gui: Defer removeAndDeleteWallet when no modal widget is active
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master abd914e Jonas Schnelli: Merge #15614: gui: Defer removeAndDeleteWallet when no modal widget is act...
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ryanofsky opened pull request #15639: bitcoin-wallet tool: Drop libbitcoin_server.a dependency (master...pr/link2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15639
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ryanofsky opened pull request #15638: Move-only: Pull wallet code out of libbitcoin_server (master...pr/link) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15638
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #13008: rpc: Rename size to vsize in mempool related calls (master...rename-size-to-vsize) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/13008
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #15637: rpc: Rename size to vsize in mempool related calls (master...rebased-13008-rename-size-vsize) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15637

2019-03-21

< echeveria> wumpus: for the record, I reported the malicious versions of the bitcoin core website to the host.
< sipa> or even that the source code is what people canonically understand to be bitcoin core
< jonasschnelli> (An attacker could register "Bitcoin Core Code Shitting Association" and signing the malicious binary with that and nobody would recognise that)
< gwillen> "the bitcoin core code signing association thinks Windows should not yell when running this binary"
< luke-jr> "this is bitcoin core" *should* be meaningless really
< jonasschnelli> It only tells users it was signed by an organisation called "Bitcoin Core Code Signing Association"
< sipa> or "this is bitcoin core"
< luke-jr> jonasschnelli: obviously there would have to be some reasonable policy on what gets signed (eg, gitian builds of Bitcoin-compatible software)
< jonasschnelli> There is another association I'm currently building up (with a proper structure) called "Bitcoin Developer and Researcher Association" (BitDRA) which should aim to finance real work/projects
< gwillen> yes I am happy to formally donate to the Bitcoin Core Code Signing Association, someone should tell me an amount and where to mail a check :-)
< jonasschnelli> Bitcoin Core Code Signing Association (based in Switzerland)
< warren> oh I missed the win signature discussion, will it be something other than Bitcoin Foundation in the future?
< wumpus> surprisingly much of the infrastructure and stuff around bitcoin is hanging together by a few threads, and single individuals that happily still care about it
< wumpus> thanks to the Linux Foundation too, then! it wouldn't be crazy for them to drop bitcoin-dev if it's such a hot potato
< warren> It's worth noting despite trying to deprecate the old mailman2 server they've tried to keep it online for us and a few other dev communities who had a hard time moving, and most of their downtime trouble was due to DoS attacks targeting only bitcoin-dev.
< wumpus> in principle it's even off topic in the bitcoin core meeting, the bitcoin-dev mailing list is outside it's scope, not that I mind
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10973 | Refactor: separate wallet from node by ryanofsky · Pull Request #10973 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10973 | Refactor: separate wallet from node by ryanofsky · Pull Request #10973 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15596 | rpc: Ignore sendmany::minconf as dummy value by MarcoFalke · Pull Request #15596 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14121 | Index for BIP 157 block filters by jimpo · Pull Request #14121 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< jonasschnelli> Would also be good to get a sponsor for the Bitcoin Core Code Signing Association at some point (raise your hand if your willing)
< jonasschnelli> cfields: should we register a new one via the Bitcoin Core Code Signing Association?
< promag> again, this is really very unlikely, you have to run bitcoin-qt -server
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15614 | 0.18: gui: Defer removeAndDeleteWallet when no modal widget is active by promag · Pull Request #15614 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15614 | 0.18: gui: Defer removeAndDeleteWallet when no modal widget is active by promag · Pull Request #15614 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli closed pull request #15313: Qt: avoid AskPassphraseDialog synchronous QDialog.exec() calls (master...2019/01/qt_exec) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15313
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15614 | 0.18: gui: Defer removeAndDeleteWallet when no modal widget is active by promag · Pull Request #15614 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15614 | 0.18: gui: Defer removeAndDeleteWallet when no modal widget is active by promag · Pull Request #15614 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15313 | Qt: avoid AskPassphraseDialog synchronous QDialog.exec() calls by jonasschnelli · Pull Request #15313 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15313 | Qt: avoid AskPassphraseDialog synchronous QDialog.exec() calls by jonasschnelli · Pull Request #15313 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15313 | Qt: avoid AskPassphraseDialog synchronous QDialog.exec() calls by jonasschnelli · Pull Request #15313 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15614 | 0.18: gui: Defer removeAndDeleteWallet when no modal widget is active by promag · Pull Request #15614 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15614 | 0.18: gui: Defer removeAndDeleteWallet when no modal widget is active by promag · Pull Request #15614 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15310 | gui: crash if encrypt / change passphrase window is open and wallet is unloaded · Issue #15310 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] gmaxwell closed pull request #15633: Ignore BIP-152 HB requests from non-witness peers. (master...201803-nohbcbfornonwit) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15633
< wumpus> I think it's one of the most popular devices to run a bitcoin node on
< emilr> I'm building bitcoin on a rpi, biggest hurdle thus far is the dependency tree, I had to give up on building boost-libs and use binaries
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] gmaxwell opened pull request #15633: Ignore BIP-152 HB requests from non-witness peers. (master...201803-nohbcbfornonwit) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15633
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/84 | Transaction-less transfer of value · Issue #84 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/9 | Fix for GUI on Macs and latest wxWidgets by gavinandresen · Pull Request #9 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< wumpus> so apparently there's some funding initiative by Twitter/Square for core devs (I only learn of this through twitter now), https://twitter.com/jimmysong/status/1108500506106843137 - anyhow, if you're actively involved in Bitcoin Core's development and need this funding, and would like me to write a recommendation for you, let me know
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MeshCollider merged pull request #15625: refactor: Remove unused function (master...remove-unused-function) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15625
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MeshCollider pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/2607d960a02e...717fd58c4ba5
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master bb6195e practicalswift: refactor: Remove unused function
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 717fd58 MeshCollider: Merge #15625: refactor: Remove unused function
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MeshCollider pushed 5 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/b3f82284ba90...2607d960a02e
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 91868e6 Russell Yanofsky: Remove use CValidationInterface in wallet code
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 4e4d9e9 Russell Yanofsky: Remove use of CRPCTable::appendCommand in wallet code
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b1b2b23 Russell Yanofsky: Remove use of CCoinsViewMemPool::GetCoin in wallet code
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MeshCollider merged pull request #10973: Refactor: separate wallet from node (master...pr/wipc-sep) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10973
< echeveria> fanquake: I can confirm that this is an attack site (as if it wasn't obvious). depending on the links you follow, you either get the legit binaries, or "bitcoin.exe".

2019-03-20

< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jnewbery opened pull request #15632: Remove ResendWalletTransactions from the Validation Interface (master...no_resend_wallet_txs) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15632