2022-01-20

<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/b60c477d54bb...e3ce019667fb
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 36012ef Antoine Poinsot: qa: test descriptors with mixed xpubs and const pubkeys
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e3ce019 Andrew Chow: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#23171: qa: test descriptors with mixed xpubs and con...
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #23629: refactor tests to fix ubsan suppressions (master...2111-testInt) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23629
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/1824644a363b...b60c477d54bb
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master faedb11 MarcoFalke: refactor tests to fix ubsan suppressions
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b60c477 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#23629: refactor tests to fix ubsan suppressions
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonatack opened pull request #24113: test, refactor: add GetTransaction() coverage, part 2 (master...rpc_rawtransaction-test-followups) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24113
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19303 | Replace all of the RecursiveMutex instances with the Mutex ones · Issue #19303 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #24112: build: pass win32-dll to LT_INIT() (master...libtool_init_win32_dll) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24112
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #24099: Replace `RecursiveMutex cs_mapLocalHost` with Mutex, and rename it (master...mutex-mapLocalHost) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24099
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/63fc2f5cce6a...1824644a363b
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5e7e4c9 w0xlt: refactor: replace RecursiveMutex g_maplocalhost_mutex with Mutex
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a7da140 w0xlt: scripted-diff: rename cs_mapLocalHost -> g_maplocalhost_mutex
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1824644 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24099: Replace `RecursiveMutex cs_mapLocalHost` with...
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #24111: build: force CRCCheck in Windows installer (master...force_win_installer_crccheck) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24111
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] w0xlt opened pull request #24108: Replace RecursiveMutex `cs_addrLocal` with Mutex, and rename it (master...change_cs_addrLocal) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24108
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #24065: build: explicitly disable support for external signing on Windows (master...no_external_signer_win_openbsd) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24065
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/a541e5d51988...63fc2f5cce6a
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e2ab9f8 fanquake: build: disable external signer on Windows
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 63fc2f5 fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24065: build: explicitly disable support for externa...
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #24104: fs: Make compatible with boost 1.78 (master...fix-fs-path-plus) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24104
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/7102f7d6f3c4...a541e5d51988
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master dc5d6b0 Andrew Chow: fs: Make compatible with boost 1.78
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a541e5d fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24104: fs: Make compatible with boost 1.78
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theStack opened pull request #24106: policy: treat P2TR outputs with invalid x-only pubkey as non-standard (master...202201-policy-treat_p2tr_with_invalid_xpubkey_as_nonstandard) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24106
<fanquake> Blocked 13rAXwNNnaAuCJA3z1REfJbJNMwgK4LBTC from the bitcoin/ org, as they were spamming the wiki in the bips repo
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #23956: build: use zeromq 4.3.4 in depends & fix NetBSD 10 build (master...zeromq_4_3_4) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23956
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master ce6dd2f fanquake: zeromq 4.3.4
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6897c4b fanquake: build: patch depends zeromq to fix building on NetBSD Current
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/06b636976613...7102f7d6f3c4
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7102f7d fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#23956: build: use zeromq 4.3.4 in depends & fix NetB...
<_aj_> theStack_: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/2791 was included in 0.9 not 0.8 i think?

2022-01-19

<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] JeremyRubin opened pull request #24105: Optimize CHECKSIGADD Script Validation (master...optimize-checksigadd) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24105
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 opened pull request #24104: fs: Make compatible with boost 1.78 (master...fix-fs-path-plus) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24104
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22338 | Change MAX_OPCODE to OP_CHECKSIGADD by sanket1729 · Pull Request #22338 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] w0xlt opened pull request #24103: Replace RecursiveMutex `m_cs_chainstate` with Mutex, and rename it (master...m_cs_chainstate_mutex) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24103
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/23846 | No match for fs::path operator+= when compiling with Boost 1.78 · Issue #23846 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #24102: Run coin.IsSpent only once in a row (master...2201-mempoolCoinOnce) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24102
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #23976: document and clean up MaybeUpdateMempoolForReorg (master...2022-01-lp) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23976
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/2d7ffce8521a...06b636976613
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e177fca glozow: Replace `struct update_lock_points` with lambda
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c7cd98c glozow: document and clean up MaybeUpdateMempoolForReorg
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 06b6369 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#23976: document and clean up MaybeUpdateMempoolForRe...
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #24093: build: specify hosts for qrencode package (master...specify_qrencode_oses) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24093
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master bf044ef fanquake: build: specify hosts for qrencode package
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/5c3bfee46a5a...2d7ffce8521a
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2d7ffce fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24093: build: specify hosts for qrencode package
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #24054: test: rest /tx with an invalid/unknown txid (master...2022-01-rest-functional) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24054
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/869c6e23c5a6...5c3bfee46a5a
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master bd52684 brunoerg: test: rest /tx with an invalid/unknown txid
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5c3bfee MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24054: test: rest /tx with an invalid/unknown txid
<prayank> I was never a dev, idk whoami but I will always help indians following this channel but not sure. Minisscript or Sapio or something else, you would always learn something that helps in life if not Bitcoin.

2022-01-18

<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] w0xlt opened pull request #24099: Replace `RecursiveMutex cs_mapLocalHost` with Mutex, and rename it (master...mutex-mapLocalHost) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24099
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] erenalyoruk closed pull request #24019: doc: format markdown files (master...markdown_lint) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24019
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] w0xlt closed pull request #24092: refactor: replace RecursiveMutex `m_cs_banned` with Mutex (and rename) (master...refactor_replace_recursive_mutex_m_cs_banned) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24092
<sipa> This is not a support channel. You may have better luck on https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com, or other sites.
<Guest40> Good afternoon. I am a bitcoin core wallet user. In 2017, I performed operations on my wallet. Then there was a long break. I had a certain amount of satoshi left in my wallet. Now I have opened my wallet, the blocks have been synchronized, and inside there is no history of my transactions, no balance on my wallet. I ask you to help me sort out my
<Guest40> Good afternoon. I am a bitcoin core wallet user. In 2017, I performed operations on my wallet. Then there was a long break. I had a certain amount of satoshi left in my wallet. Now I have opened my wallet, the blocks have been synchronized, and inside there is no history of my transactions, no balance on my wallet. I ask you to help me sort out my
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] stickies-v opened pull request #24098: rest: Use query parameters to control resource loading (master...rest/use-query-parameters) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24098
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] stickies-v closed pull request #24012: rest: Use query parameters to control resource loading (master...rest/use-query-parameters) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24012
<jamesob> Hey, does anyone think the emails for ACK posts like these (containing signatures and build output, etc.) are annoying? I can't tell because I don't receive emails for my own posts. https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24050#pullrequestreview-855953736
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 merged pull request #22317: doc: Highlight DNS requests part in tor.md (master...highlight-dns-request) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22317
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/b24aa9c8ef24...869c6e23c5a6
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 86a4a15 Prayank: Highlight DNS request part
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 869c6e2 Andrew Chow: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#22317: doc: Highlight DNS requests part in tor.md
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/423982 | HTTP Error 404: Not Found
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #24097: Replace RecursiveMutex m_cs_banned with Mutex, and rename it (master...220118-banman) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24097
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #24095: util: Fix mis-swapped `prettyIndent` and `indentLevel` arguments (master...220118-univalue) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24095
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/d0bf9bb6a539...b24aa9c8ef24
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f251141 Hennadii Stepanov: util: Fix mis-swapped `prettyIndent` and `indentLevel` arguments
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b24aa9c MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24095: util: Fix mis-swapped `prettyIndent` and `ind...
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #24095: util: Fix mis-swapped `prettyIndent` and `indentLevel` arguments (master...220118-univalue) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24095
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22317 | doc: Highlight DNS requests part in tor.md by prayank23 · Pull Request #22317 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #24093: build: specify hosts for qrencode package (master...specify_qrencode_oses) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24093
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto closed pull request #23958: refactor: Replace `struct update_lock_points` with lambda (master...220103-updatelp) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23958

2022-01-17

<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 opened pull request #24091: wallet: Consolidate CInputCoin and COutput (master...consolidate-coutput-cinputcoin) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24091
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] RandyMcMillan opened pull request #24090: net/p2p: change nScore data type to int64_t (master...1642450390-issue-24049) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24090
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] phyBrackets reopened pull request #24088: refactor: deduplicate integer serialization in RollingBloom benchmark (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24088
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] phyBrackets closed pull request #24088: refactor: deduplicate integer serialization in RollingBloom benchmark (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24088
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] phyBrackets opened pull request #24088: shouldn't we follow DRY principle here? (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24088
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/23276 | [22.x] Backports for 22.x by fanquake · Pull Request #23276 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22317 | doc: Highlight DNS requests part in tor.md by prayank23 · Pull Request #22317 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] brunoerg opened pull request #24084: doc: add information about status code 404 for some endpoints (rest) (master...2022-01-rest-doc) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24084
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/23542 | net: open p2p connections to nodes that listen on non-default ports by vasild · Pull Request #23542 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #23373: test: Parse command line arguments from unit and fuzz tests, make addrman consistency check ratio easier to change (master...checkaddrman_in_tests) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23373
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 8 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/427e9c9435f6...d0bf9bb6a539
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 92a0f7e Vasil Dimov: test: parse the command line arguments in unit tests
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6f7c756 Vasil Dimov: fuzz: parse the command line arguments in fuzz tests
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6dff621 Vasil Dimov: bench: put addrman check ratio in a variable
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] S3RK opened pull request #24083: Revert "Add to spends only transcations from me" (master...restore_wallet_conflicts) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24083
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #24069: refactor: replace RecursiveMutex `m_cs_callbacks_pending` with Mutex (and rename) (master...202201-refactor_replace_recursive_mutex_callbacks) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24069
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/dbf81a73e371...427e9c9435f6
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3aa2581 Sebastian Falbesoner: scripted-diff: rename `m_cs_callbacks_pending` -> `m_callbacks_mutex`
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5574e6e Sebastian Falbesoner: refactor: replace RecursiveMutex `m_callbacks_mutex` with Mutex
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 427e9c9 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24069: refactor: replace RecursiveMutex `m_cs_callba...
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #24079: refactor: replace RecursiveMutex `cs_SubVer` with Mutex (and rename) (master...202201-refactor_replace_RecursiveMutex_cs_subver) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24079
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/92a71f65be7b...dbf81a73e371
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 30927cb Sebastian Falbesoner: refactor: replace RecursiveMutex `m_subver_mutex` with Mutex
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0639aba Sebastian Falbesoner: scripted-diff: rename `cs_SubVer` -> `m_subver_mutex`
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master dbf81a7 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24079: refactor: replace RecursiveMutex `cs_SubVer` ...
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #24059: Fix implicit-integer-sign-change in arith_uint256 (master...2201-int) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24059
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/dfe1341c57d8...92a71f65be7b
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa99e10 MarcoFalke: Fix implicit-integer-sign-change in arith_uint256
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 92a71f6 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24059: Fix implicit-integer-sign-change in arith_uin...
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #24033: log: Remove GetAdjustedTime from IBD header progress estimation (master...2201-logNoNonsense) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24033
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fac22fd MarcoFalke: log: Remove GetAdjustedTime from IBD header progress estimation
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/7de2cf9b2585...dfe1341c57d8
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master dfe1341 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24033: log: Remove GetAdjustedTime from IBD header p...
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #23992: fuzz: Limit fuzzed time to years 2000-2100 (master...2201-fuzzTimeMin) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23992
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/4a062508b73d...7de2cf9b2585
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa72383 MarcoFalke: fuzz: Limit fuzzed time to years 2000-2100
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7de2cf9 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#23992: fuzz: Limit fuzzed time to years 2000-2100
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #24068: doc: Rework 14707 release notes (master...2201-docRel) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24068
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/807169e10b4a...4a062508b73d
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa4c72e MarcoFalke: doc: Rework 14707 release notes
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 4a06250 fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24068: doc: Rework 14707 release notes
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa9377c MarcoFalke: doc: move-only release note snippets

2022-01-16

<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa closed pull request #24082: Bitcoin creator (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24082
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] satoshinakamoto007 opened pull request #24082: Bitcoin creator (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24082
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto closed pull request #24081: Bitcoin creator (master...bramdarras) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24081
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] satoshinakamoto007 opened pull request #24081: Bitcoin creator (master...bramdarras) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24081
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #24080: refactor: Remove unused locktime flags (master...2201-lockstuff) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24080
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theStack opened pull request #24079: refactor: replace RecursiveMutex `cs SubVer` with Mutex (and rename) (master...202201-refactor_replace_RecursiveMutex_cs_subver) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24079

2022-01-15

<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #24078: net, refactor: Rename CNetMessage::m_command with CNetMessage::m_type (master...220115-message) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24078
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] TheQuantumPhysicist opened pull request #24077: Replace uint256 specific implementations of base_uint::GetHex() and base_uint::SetHex() with proper ones that don't depend on uint256 (master...fix/arith_uint256-specializations) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24077
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] prayank23 closed pull request #24075: rpc: add error for genesis block in `getblockstats` (master...getblockstats-genesis) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24075
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] prayank23 opened pull request #24075: rpc: add error for genesis block in `getblockstats` (master...getblockstats-genesis) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24075

2022-01-14

<core-meetingbot`> topic: Bitcoin Core development discussion and commit log | Feel free to watch, but please take commentary and usage questions to #bitcoin | Channel logs: http://www.erisian.com.au/bitcoin-core-dev/, http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/ | Meeting topics http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt / http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedwalletmeetingtopics.txt
<achow101> #bitcoin-core-dev Wallet Meeting: achow101 _aj_ amiti ariard BlueMatt cfields Chris_Stewart_5 darosior digi_james dongcarl elichai2 emilengler fanquake fjahr gleb glozow gmaxwell gwillen hebasto instagibbs jamesob jarolrod jb55 jeremyrubin jl2012 jnewbery jonasschnelli jonatack jtimon kallewoof kanzure kvaciral laanwj larryruane lightlike luke-jr maaku marcofalke meshcollider michagogo moneyball morcos Murch nehan NicolasDorier paveljanik
<core-meetingbot`> Meeting started Fri Jan 14 19:00:22 2022 UTC. The chair is achow101. Information about MeetBot at https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings.
<prayank> Also do you plan to share this on bitcoin-dev mailing list?
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/23542 | net: open p2p connections to nodes that listen on non-default ports by vasild · Pull Request #23542 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/2 | Long-term, safe, store-of-value · Issue #2 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<Jeremy55> Hi there! First time I join a bitcoin chan !:)  So don't hesitate to redirect me if it's the wrong place. I have an issue when trying to send btc from a taproot address using bitcoin-cli on regtest (bitcoin core 22.0). I create a blank wallet with descriptors enabled, then I importdescriptors to add taproot descriptor (tr()), I getnewaddress of
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #24038: wallet: Use MTP for locktime checks, not adjusted time (master...2201-lockstuff) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24038
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] willcl-ark opened pull request #24072: rpc: fix wording of alertnotify to match behaviour (master...alert_notify) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24072
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21878 | Make all networking code mockable by vasild · Pull Request #21878 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/23604 | Use Sock in CNode by vasild · Pull Request #23604 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/23604 | Use Sock in CNode by vasild · Pull Request #23604 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<vasild> Maybe #23604 can be added to blockers/high-prio for review - it is blocking another piece of #21878 which would make CConnman::SocketEvents() mockable (more precisely it is this commit: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21878/commits/22a60e9f3936223c3290838576b7757693596848). #23604 has one ACK and 3 invalidated ACKs due to rebase.
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theStack opened pull request #24069: refactor: replace RecursiveMutex `m_cs_callbacks_pending` with Mutex (and rename) (master...202201-refactor_replace_recursive_mutex_callbacks) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24069
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] prayank23 reopened pull request #22317: doc: Highlight DNS requests part in tor.md (master...highlight-dns-request) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22317
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #24068: doc: Rework 14707 release notes (master...2201-docRel) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24068
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #24067: wallet: Actually treat (un)confirmed txs as (un)confirmed (master...2201-crappyCode) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24067
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] whitslack opened pull request #24066: contrib/init: (OpenRC) use -daemonwait to wait for startup completion (master...openrc-daemonwait) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24066
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] whitslack closed pull request #22354: contrib/init: (OpenRC) use -startupnotify to wait for startup completion [alternative] (master...openrc-startupnotify-bkg) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22354
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] whitslack closed pull request #22285: contrib/init: (OpenRC) use -startupnotify to wait for startup completion (master...openrc-startupnotify) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22285
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #24065: build: explicitly disable support for external signing on Windows & OpenBSD (master...no_external_signer_win_openbsd) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24065
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theStack opened pull request #24062: refactor: replace RecursiveMutex `cs_most_recent_block` with Mutex (and rename) (master...202201-refactor_replace_recursive_mutex_cs_last_block) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24062

2022-01-13

<jeremyrubin> in any case we're at a hugh level of pedantism for #bitcoin-core-dev, we could chat on wizards about it more
<jeremyrubin> "everyone should compile bitcoin by hand"
<core-meetingbot`> topic: Bitcoin Core development discussion and commit log | Feel free to watch, but please take commentary and usage questions to #bitcoin | Channel logs: http://www.erisian.com.au/bitcoin-core-dev/, http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/ | Meeting topics http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt / http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedwalletmeetingtopics.txt
<provoostenator> jeremyrubin: afaik you can point bitcoin.conf to arbirary signets
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21702 | Implement BIP-119 Validation (CheckTemplateVerify) by JeremyRubin · Pull Request #21702 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22702 | Add allocator for node based containers by martinus · Pull Request #22702 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/23508 | Add getdeploymentinfo RPC by ajtowns · Pull Request #23508 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22932 | Guard CBlockIndex::nStatus by cs_main, require GetBlockPos/GetUndoPos to hold cs_main by jonatack · Pull Request #22932 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/23629 | refactor tests to fix ubsan suppressions by MarcoFalke · Pull Request #23629 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<laanwj> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8 has 8 blockers, no bugfixes, 1 chasing concept ACK at the moment
<laanwj> welcome to the weekly general bitcoin-core-dev meeting
<laanwj> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: achow101 _aj_ amiti ariard BlueMatt cfields Chris_Stewart_5 darosior digi_james dongcarl elichai2 emilengler fanquake fjahr gleb glozow gmaxwell gwillen hebasto instagibbs jamesob jarolrod jb55 jeremyrubin jl2012 jnewbery jonasschnelli jonatack jtimon kallewoof kanzure kvaciral laanwj larryruane lightlike luke-jr maaku marcofalke meshcollider michagogo moneyball
<core-meetingbot`> Meeting started Thu Jan 13 19:00:17 2022 UTC. The chair is laanwj. Information about MeetBot at https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings.
<sipa> i just don't see how this concerns the ML... it's an issue with Bitcoin Core's wallet, only affecting the users of that wallet
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22929 | wallet: Automatically add receiving destinations to the address book by S3RK · Pull Request #22929 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #24035: test: use MiniWallet for mempool_accept.py (master...202201-test-use_MiniWallet_for_mempool_accept_etc) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24035
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 5 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/767ee2e3a108...807169e10b4a
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f30041c Sebastian Falbesoner: test: create txs with current `nVersion` (2) by default
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2f79786 Sebastian Falbesoner: test: refactor: add constant for sequence number `SEQUENCE_FINAL`
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b24f6c6 Sebastian Falbesoner: test: MiniWallet: support default `from_node` for creating txs
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #23607: rpc: Pass const char* to evhttp_connection_get_peer for new libevent (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23607
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/31db3dd874df...767ee2e3a108
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 767ee2e laanwj: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#23607: rpc: Pass const char* to evhttp_connection_ge...
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c62d763 Perlover: Necessary improvements to make configure work without libevent installed
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 091ccc3 Perlover: The evhttp_connection_get_peer function from libevent changes the type of ...
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #24059: Fix implicit-integer-sign-change in arith_uint256 (master...2201-int) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24059
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #24047: Uninstall icon changed from default nsis to bitcoin (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24047
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] kallewoof opened pull request #24058: BIP-322 basic support (master...202201-bip322) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24058
<b10c> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/23902 looks like spam to me and can be closed?
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #24057: build: point to latest commit on 1.4.0 branch (master...actually_fix_guix) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24057
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] brunoerg opened pull request #24054: test: rest /tx with an invalid/unknown txid (master...2022-01-rest-functional) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24054
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #24048: build: Improve error message when pkg-config is not installed (master...220112-m4) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24048
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/290ff5ef6d38...31db3dd874df
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 18f304d Hennadii Stepanov: build: Improve error message when pkg-config is not installed
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 31db3dd laanwj: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24048: build: Improve error message when pkg-config ...
<bitcoin-git> [gui] promag closed pull request #385: Always log context function of QtDebugMsg messages (master...2021-07-qdebug-func) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/385

2022-01-12

<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] luke-jr opened pull request #24051: Bugfix: configure: bitcoin-{cli,tx,util} don't need UPnP, NAT-PMP, or ZMQ (master...config_utils_drop_extra_deps) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24051
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] dongcarl opened pull request #24050: validation: Move `CBlockIndex`s from heap to `m_block_index` (master...2022-01-kirby-p2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24050
<Kaizen_Kintsugi_> bitcoin has come a long way
<Kaizen_Kintsugi_> I just learned that bitcoin used to be all in one main file.
<Kaizen_K_> #bitcoin-core-pr-reviews
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #24041: util: Restore GetIntArg saturating behavior (master...pr/green) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24041
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b5c9bb5 James O'Beirne: util: Restore GetIntArg saturating behavior
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/16781e1bc9f8...290ff5ef6d38
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 290ff5e MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24041: util: Restore GetIntArg saturating behavior
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jamesob closed pull request #24006: assumeutxo: indexing changes (master...2022-01-au-indexing) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24006
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #24048: build: Improve error message when pkg-config is not installed (master...220112-m4) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24048
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] RottenCoin opened pull request #24047: Uninstall icon changed from default nsis to bitcoin (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24047
<bitcoin-git> [gui] shaavan opened pull request #524: Replace int with std::chrono in for the timer->setInterval() argument (master...220112-chrono) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/524
<bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto merged pull request #517: refactor, qt: Use std::chrono for parameters of QTimer methods (master...220106-chrono) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/517
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto pushed 6 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/e0ae5418cb24...16781e1bc9f8
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6f0da95 Hennadii Stepanov: refactor, qt: Use std::chrono in ConfirmMessage parameter
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 33d520a Hennadii Stepanov: refactor, qt: Use std::chrono for MODEL_UPDATE_DELAY constant
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0e193de Hennadii Stepanov: refactor, qt: Use std::chrono for non-zero arguments in QTimer methods
<bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto merged pull request #523: scripted-diff: Rename functions to drop mention of boost (master...220111-boostpath) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/523
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/318c79e8096c...e0ae5418cb24
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3c4f5d2 Hennadii Stepanov: scripted-diff: Rename functions to drop mention of boost
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e0ae541 Hennadii Stepanov: Merge bitcoin-core/gui#523: scripted-diff: Rename functions to drop mentio...
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #24042: build: Point Guix to the current top of the "version-1.4.0" branch (master...220111-guix) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24042
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/1f7acfdcca35...318c79e8096c
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a229451 Hennadii Stepanov: build: Point Guix to the current top of the "version-1.4.0" branch
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 318c79e fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24042: build: Point Guix to the current top of the "...
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #24024: Remove cs_main lock annotation from ChainstateManager.m_blockman (master...pr/block) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24024
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1f7acfd MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24024: Remove cs_main lock annotation from Chainstat...
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master ce95fb3 Ryan Ofsky: Remove cs_main lock annotation from ChainstateManager.m_blockman
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/db1f04fa8cdc...1f7acfdcca35
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] vincenzopalazzo closed pull request #24016: [WIP] utils: introduce a runtime error in case of overflow in GetArgInt (master...vincenzopalazzo/cmd_atoi) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24016
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #24039: bug fix: prevent UnicodeDecodeError when opening log file in feature_init.py (master...2022-01-feature_init-fix) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24039
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9d3e95d sogoagain: [bugfix] prevent UnicodeDecodeError errors when opening log file in featur...
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master db1f04f MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24039: bug fix: prevent UnicodeDecodeError when open...
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/c561f2f06ed2...db1f04fa8cdc
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/24041 | util: Restore GetIntArg saturating behavior by ryanofsky · Pull Request #24041 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub

2022-01-11

<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fjahr closed pull request #24017: Bump Python dependency version (master...2022-01-python36) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24017
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa opened pull request #24043: Add multi_a descriptor for k-of-n multisig inside tr (master...202201_multi_a) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24043
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jamesob closed pull request #23841: Restore atoi64/GetIntArg saturating behavior (master...2021-12-atoi64-incompat) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23841
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #24042: build: Point Guix to the current top of the "version-1.4.0" branch (master...220111-guix) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24042
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ryanofsky opened pull request #24041: Restore atoi compatibility with old versions of Bitcoin Core (master...pr/green) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24041
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sogoagain opened pull request #24039: bug fix: prevent UnicodeDecodeError when opening log file in feature_init.py (master...2022-01-feature_init-fix) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24039
<bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto opened pull request #523: scripted-diff: Rename functions to drop mention of boost (master...220111-boostpath) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/523
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #24038: wallet: Enforce BIP68 (master...2201-lockstuff) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24038
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/24036 | RFC: Boost Process requires boost::filesystem when compiling with mingw · Issue #24036 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20744 | Use std::filesystem. Remove Boost Filesystem & System by fanquake · Pull Request #20744 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theStack closed pull request #24025: test: MiniWallet: support default `from_node` for sending/creating txs (master...202201-test-MiniWallet-use_default_node_send_create_txs) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24025
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theStack opened pull request #24035: test: use MiniWallet for mempool_accept.py (master...202201-test-use_MiniWallet_for_mempool_accept_etc) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24035
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] brunoerg opened pull request #24034: p2p, refactor: delete anchors.dat after trying to connect to that peers (master...2022-02-anchors-delete) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24034
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #24033: log: Remove GetAdjustedTime from IBD header progress estimation (master...2201-logNoNonsense) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24033
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #23497: Add `src/node/` and `src/wallet/` code to `node::` and `wallet::` namespaces (master...pr/names) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23497
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/fa74718414d7...c561f2f06ed2
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f7086fd Russell Yanofsky: Add src/wallet/* code to wallet:: namespace
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 90fc8b0 Russell Yanofsky: Add src/node/* code to node:: namespace
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e5b6aef Russell Yanofsky: Move CBlockFileInfo::ToString method where class is declared
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ajtowns opened pull request #24032: Refactor vDeployments setup to avoid uninitialized variables (master...202112-deployments) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24032
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #24026: Block unsafe std::string fs::path conversion copy_file calls (master...220110-copyfile) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24026
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/80ceede7a0bf...fa74718414d7
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 213172c Hennadii Stepanov: refactor: Block unsafe std::string fs::path conversion copy_file calls
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa74718 fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#24026: Block unsafe std::string fs::path conversion ...
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3a45dc3 Hennadii Stepanov: Change type of `backup_file` parameter in RestoreWallet/restoreWallet
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #24031: build: don't compress macOS DMG (master...dont_compress_macos_dmg) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24031
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa opened pull request #24028: Explain in the generate* RPC docs that they are only for testing (master...202201_rpcmining_lol_no) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24028

2022-01-10

<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #24023: Fixing typo in bitcoin_de.ts (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24023
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #24026: Block unsafe std::string fs::path conversion copy_file calls (master...220110-copyfile) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24026
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theStack opened pull request #24025: test: MiniWallet: support default `from_node` for sending/creating txs (master...202201-test-MiniWallet-use_default_node_send_create_txs) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24025
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 merged pull request #23884: doc: Remove outdated scriptChange TODO comment (master...2112-docWall2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23884
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa8e01a MarcoFalke: doc: Remove outdated scriptChange TODO comment
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 80ceede Andrew Chow: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#23884: doc: Remove outdated scriptChange TODO commen...
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/3d0850cec103...80ceede7a0bf
<sipa> For more questions, https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com is a better place.
<Kaizen_K_> perfect, the bips are excellent cause they provide the nitty gritty details of what I need to map my braad and foggy understanding of bitcoin to the implimentations of
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ryanofsky opened pull request #24024: Remove cs_main lock annotation from ChainstateManager.m_blockman (master...pr/block) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24024
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jamesob reopened pull request #22485: index: doc/log BaseIndex sync behavior with empty datadir (master...2021-07-index-doc) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22485
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Thomodachi opened pull request #24023: Update bitcoin_de.ts (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24023
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] mzumsande opened pull request #24021: Rename and move PoissonNextSend functions (master...202201_jnewbery_poisson_rename) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24021
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #23994: Consolidate all uses of the fast range mapping technique in util/fastrange.h (master...202201_fastrange) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23994
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/542e405a8517...3d0850cec103
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c6d15c4 Pieter Wuille: [moveonly] Move MapIntoRange() to separate util/fastrange.h
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master efab28b Pieter Wuille: Add FastRange32 function and use it throughout the codebase
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 96ecd6f Pieter Wuille: scripted-diff: rename MapIntoRange to FastRange64
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #23724: build: add systemtap's sys/sdt.h as depends for GUIX builds with USDT tracepoints (master...2021-12-usdt-depends) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/23724
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e158a2a 0xb10c: build: add systemtap's sys/sdt.h as depends
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/2e01b6986099...542e405a8517
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 542e405 fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#23724: build: add systemtap's sys/sdt.h as depends f...
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6200fbf 0xb10c: build: rename --enable-ebpf to --enable-usdt
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ariard closed pull request #19645: Allow updating mempool-txn with cheaper witnesses (master...2020-08-wtxid-replacement) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19645
<prayank> > medium post suggests upgrading to an alternative client, which has an experimental fix, for a problem that bitcoin core didn't even post an advisory for (you can see why in the IRC logs). I think that would be confusing to link to, rather than just linking to our own documentation in json-rpc-interface.md, which was added in response to the same problem
<prayank> fanquake: personally I consider personal lot of times medium accouunts and some stackexchange answers can be be of same level. and some answers even have those links. so there is nothing special with stackexchange. btw i am in top 5 based on 5 my answers in last year on bitcoin stackexchange..

2022-01-09

<fanquake> In regards to the actual issue, the medium post suggests upgrading to an alternative client, which has an experimental fix, for a problem that bitcoin core didn't even post an advisory for (you can see why in the IRC logs). I think that would be confusing to link to, rather than just linking to our own documentation in json-rpc-interface.md, which was added in response to the same problem.
<luke-jr> prayank: it's a fact that tor is centralised, and a security risk if it is your only path to the Bitcoin network.
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18554 | wallet: ensure wallet files are not reused across chains by rodentrabies · Pull Request #18554 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15936 | Unify bitcoin-qt and bitcoind persistent settings by ryanofsky · Pull Request #15936 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21061 | [p2p] Introduce node rebroadcast module by amitiuttarwar · Pull Request #21061 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] erenalyoruk opened pull request #24019: doc: format markdown files (master...markdown_lint) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24019
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fjahr opened pull request #24017: Bump Python dependency version (master...2022-01-python36) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24017
<prayank> non-sense. Irony same user wants to to remove/restrict rpcbind which nobody has objection with. Sorry neither I need to make changes based on that user's comments nor I prefer language "non sense" "you don't listen". I am not a working for managers in a company but trying to contribute to an open source project used by 90% bitcoin nodes.
<gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/23542 | net: open p2p connections to nodes that listen on non-default ports by vasild · Pull Request #23542 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/6182e5086fc8...2e01b6986099
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2e01b69 Hennadii Stepanov: Merge bitcoin-core/gui#441: Add Create Unsigned button to SendConfirmation...
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 742918c Andrew Chow: qt: hide Create Unsigned button behind an expert mode option
<bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5c3b800 Andrew Chow: qt: Add Create Unsigned button to SendConfirmationDialog
<bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto merged pull request #441: Add Create Unsigned button to SendConfirmationDialog (master...create-unsigned-sendconfdialog) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/441
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] vincenzopalazzo opened pull request #24016: [WIP] utils: introduce a runtime error in case of overflow in GetArgInt (master...vincenzopalazzo/cmd_atoi) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24016
<stickies-v> rest: we use libevent, which for my PR requires me to import the TAILQ_FOREACH macro from <sys/queue.h>. This seems fine, except for the Win64 [unit tests, ...] test, which does not seem to have this header: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24012/checks?check_run_id=4753584875. Is this an issue with CI, or should I avoid using <sys/queue.h>, even though it's fine on the other tests?
<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] rojarsmith opened pull request #24014: Upgrade default platform (master...pr) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24014

2022-01-08

<bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] stickies-v opened pull request #24012: rest: Use query parameters to control resource loading (master...rest/use-query-parameters) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/24012