2016-07-29

< GitHub146> [bitcoin] NicolasDorier closed pull request #8259: Hash Cache (master...cachedhashes) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8259
< GitHub165> [bitcoin] NicolasDorier opened pull request #8422: Cache hashes (master...cachedhashes2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8422
< morcos> but my goal here is to optimize current bitcoin core performance

2016-07-28

< GitHub133> bitcoin/0.13 8360d5b Jorge Timón: libconsensus: Expose a flag for BIP112...
< GitHub133> [bitcoin] sipa pushed 1 new commit to 0.13: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/8360d5b37dd4d8248da0552de40e5ea1d17f51eb
< GitHub140> [bitcoin] theuni opened pull request #8421: httpserver: drop boost (#8023 dependency) (master...http-thread) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8421
< GitHub127> [bitcoin] sipa closed pull request #8412: libconsensus: Expose a flag for BIP112 (master...0.13-consensus-bip112-flag) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8412
< GitHub106> bitcoin/master ad08763 Pieter Wuille: Merge #8412: libconsensus: Expose a flag for BIP112...
< GitHub106> bitcoin/master d12b732 Jorge Timón: libconsensus: Expose a flag for BIP112...
< GitHub106> [bitcoin] sipa pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/133c727cc4f7...ad087638ee48
< NicolasDorier> In fact in https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8259/files#diff-ca74c4b28865382863b8fe7633a85cd6L740 the hashCacheMap was not even use...
< jtimon> NicolasDorier: last attempt to move in my direction: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/6445
< wumpus> #action review https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8259 Hash Cache
< jtimon> re ISM (sorry for not saying it earlier), thoughts on https://github.com/jtimon/bitcoin/commit/273e27bd0c086f5ba20cebc2f5ec9e24f9d79015 ? independently on adding it to the PR or leave it for later
< NicolasDorier> about https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8259 when will it be merged for 0.13 ?
< wumpus> #action review+test https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8085 p2p: Begin encapsulation
< wumpus> #action review+test https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8128 Net: Turn net structures into dumb storage classes
< wumpus> rc2 is very near being tagged, https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/milestone/20, could use some extra review for https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8408
< gmaxwell> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr btcdrak sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier
< GitHub152> [bitcoin] sdaftuar opened pull request #8419: Enable size accounting in mining unit tests (master...fix-mining-tests) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8419
< GitHub99> [bitcoin] sdaftuar opened pull request #8418: Add tests for compact blocks (master...cb-testing) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8418
< GitHub44> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli opened pull request #8417: [QA] Add walletdump RPC test (including HD- & encryption-tests) (master...2016/07/dump_test) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8417
< GitHub32> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #8321: [trivial] Switched constants to sizeof() (master...tjps_cleanups) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8321
< GitHub124> bitcoin/master 133c727 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #8321: [trivial] Switched constants to sizeof()...
< GitHub124> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/2266b43e3317...133c727cc4f7
< GitHub124> bitcoin/master fbc6070 Thomas Snider: [trivial] Switched constants to sizeof()
< wumpus> ok that leaves https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8408 and we can roll rc2!
< GitHub54> bitcoin/master 2266b43 Jonas Schnelli: Port from 0.13: Create a new HD seed after encrypting the wallet...
< GitHub54> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 1 new commit to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/2266b43e3317a889b9150e614169acda50383bf5
< GitHub88> bitcoin/0.13 c3c82c4 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #8389: [0.13] Create a new HD seed after encrypting the wallet...
< GitHub88> bitcoin/0.13 de45c06 Jonas Schnelli: [Wallet] Add CKeyMetadata record for HDMasterKey(s), factor out HD key generation
< GitHub88> bitcoin/0.13 f142c11 Jonas Schnelli: [0.13] Create a new HD seed after encrypting the wallet
< GitHub76> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #8389: [0.13] Create a new HD seed after encrypting the wallet (0.13...2016/07/hd_enc) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8389
< GitHub88> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 new commits to 0.13: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/45eba4b1e065...c3c82c48d9d7
< wumpus> created an issue https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/8416 (not relevant for 0.13, but now that we're slowly starting to commit to removing old wallet cruft)
< GitHub10> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #8332: semi trivial: clarify witness branches in transaction.h serialization (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8332
< GitHub72> bitcoin/master 806b9e7 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #8332: semi trivial: clarify witness branches in transaction.h serialization...
< GitHub72> bitcoin/master e37b16a Daniel Cousens: transaction: clarify witness branches
< GitHub72> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/30a87c0747a1...806b9e7570a2
< wumpus> jonasschnelli: see https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8389 for details on what I did
< jonasschnelli> wumpus: thanks for testing, just changed the font and added the 2nd info text: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8371
< GitHub153> bitcoin/0.13 45eba4b Jonas Schnelli: [Qt] Add dbcache migration path...
< GitHub153> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 1 new commit to 0.13: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/45eba4b1e0658639bb92730723b987f05e171529
< GitHub169> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #8407: [Qt] Add dbcache migration path (master...2016/07/qt_dbcache) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8407
< GitHub189> bitcoin/master 30a87c0 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #8407: [Qt] Add dbcache migration path...
< GitHub189> bitcoin/master 893f379 Jonas Schnelli: [Qt] Add dbcache migration path
< GitHub189> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/64d660a43fb8...30a87c0747a1
< GitHub159> [bitcoin] shinradev closed pull request #8415: Update tor.md (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8415
< GitHub120> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #8348: Trivial: Segwit: Don't call IsWitnessEnabled from ContextualCheckBlock (master...0.12.99-consensus-segwit) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8348
< GitHub90> bitcoin/master 64d660a Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #8348: Trivial: Segwit: Don't call IsWitnessEnabled from ContextualCheckBlock...
< GitHub90> bitcoin/master 38c4c8b Jorge Timón: Trivial: Segwit: Don't call IsWitnessEnabled from ContextualCheckBlock
< GitHub90> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/c24b50ec168e...64d660a43fb8
< GitHub100> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #8414: prepend license statement to indirectmap.h (master...indirectmap-license) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8414
< GitHub154> bitcoin/master c24b50e Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #8414: prepend license statement to indirectmap.h...
< GitHub154> bitcoin/master d3af342 Kaz Wesley: prepend license statement to indirectmap...
< GitHub154> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/4d4970fe530a...c24b50ec168e
< GitHub179> [bitcoin] shinradev opened pull request #8415: Update tor.md (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8415

2016-07-27

< GitHub43> [bitcoin] kazcw opened pull request #8414: prepend license statement to indirectmap.h (master...indirectmap-license) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8414
< GitHub132> [bitcoin] jtimon opened pull request #8413: Trivial: pass Consensus::Params& instead of CChainParams& in ContextualCheckBlock (master...0.13-consensus-last-params) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8413
< GitHub48> [bitcoin] jtimon opened pull request #8412: libconsensus: Expose a flag for BIP112 (master...0.13-consensus-bip112-flag) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8412
< GitHub191> bitcoin/0.13 0179a39 Wladimir J. van der Laan: qt: periodic translations update
< GitHub191> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 1 new commit to 0.13: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/0179a39f9da1fa417a592e7bf3ebbb1390a292b9
< wumpus> jonasschnelli: did you see my remark here: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8407/files#r72257114 ... I'm not sure what settings.value(strSettingsVersionKey) returns in the case !settings.contains(strSettingsVersionKey), but if it's garbage or raises an exception this may be problematic
< GitHub42> bitcoin/0.13 18b8ee1 Jonas Schnelli: [Wallet] add HD xpriv to dumpwallet...
< GitHub42> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 1 new commit to 0.13: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/18b8ee1cd1b2c95faac53e49b9023200679f2bb1
< GitHub179> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #8206: [Wallet] Add HD xpriv to dumpwallet (master...2016/06/hd_info) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8206
< GitHub44> bitcoin/master 4d4970f Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #8206: [Wallet] Add HD xpriv to dumpwallet...
< GitHub44> bitcoin/master 77c912d Jonas Schnelli: [Wallet] add HD xpriv to dumpwallet
< GitHub44> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/beadffae6d65...4d4970fe530a
< jonasschnelli> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8206 is featureish and I think we only backport it to 0.13 because of possible complains because of lack of exporting the xpriv
< jonasschnelli> I think this one is ready for merge https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8206
< jonasschnelli> wumpus: I think https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8152 is ready for merge (into master)
< phantomcircuit> wumpus: what else more do i need to do on https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8152 ?

2016-07-26

< GitHub66> [bitcoin] sdaftuar opened pull request #8408: Prevent fingerprinting, disk-DoS with compact blocks (master...cb-misbehaving) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8408
< sdaftuar> this might work: x9.testnet-seed.bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch
< AaronvanW> "the #bitcoin core developers deserve a lot of credit for sticking to their guns on the block size issue" <- Stephen Pair on Twitter
< GitHub199> [bitcoin] NicolasDorier closed pull request #8356: Wallet: Minimum output value depends on fee instead of minTxRelayFee (master...wallet-min-output) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8356
< GitHub192> bitcoin/0.13 cfd1280 MarcoFalke: [doc] gbuild: Set memory explicitly (default is too low)...
< GitHub192> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 1 new commit to 0.13: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/cfd1280f23bf687a38d3d00355ac94a3646cb59f
< GitHub38> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #8358: [doc] gbuild: Set memory explicitly (default is too low) (master...Mf1607-docBuild) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8358
< GitHub30> bitcoin/master beadffa Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #8358: [doc] gbuild: Set memory explicitly (default is too low)...
< GitHub30> bitcoin/master faa5931 MarcoFalke: [doc] gbuild: Set memory explicitly (default is too low)
< GitHub30> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/4b1a4d8810f9...beadffae6d65
< GitHub160> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #8364: Fix counting of sigops cost in mempool check (master...fix-mempool-sigops) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8364
< GitHub164> bitcoin/0.13 4f7f531 Suhas Daftuar: qa: Add test for standardness of segwit v0 outputs...
< GitHub164> bitcoin/0.13 f84ee3d Johnson Lau: Make witness v0 outputs non-standard before segwit activation...
< GitHub164> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to 0.13: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/86edc20a178c...4f7f531af6e1
< GitHub29> bitcoin/master 4b1a4d8 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #8381: Make witness v0 outputs non-standard...
< GitHub118> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #8381: Make witness v0 outputs non-standard (master...patch-15) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8381
< GitHub29> bitcoin/master c59c434 Suhas Daftuar: qa: Add test for standardness of segwit v0 outputs
< GitHub29> bitcoin/master 1ffaff2 Johnson Lau: Make witness v0 outputs non-standard before segwit activation
< GitHub29> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/618c9dd8c651...4b1a4d8810f9
< GitHub15> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli opened pull request #8407: [Qt] Add dbcache migration path (master...2016/07/qt_dbcache) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8407
< * gmaxwell> goes to find the old bitcoin wiki page.
< GitHub182> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #8365: Treat high-sigop transactions as larger rather than rejecting them (master...unifysigopcost) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8365
< GitHub176> bitcoin/master 618c9dd Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #8365: Treat high-sigop transactions as larger rather than rejecting them...
< GitHub176> bitcoin/master ab942c1 Pieter Wuille: Treat high-sigop transactions as larger rather than rejecting them
< GitHub176> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/517eee3e8f8b...618c9dd8c651
< gmaxwell> By blocking I just meant bitcoin core wouldn't open multiple processes.
< gmaxwell> well I suggested before a general design, where bitcoin-core wallet just has a simple interface to call another process to ask it to get signatures, providing it with the relevant data... and then that external process can implement the approrpiate call out to whatever is in use.
< da2ce7_mobile> You could import these seeds into your Bitcoin Core to act as hot-wallets.
< wumpus> talking about rescanning, did anyone ever notice this issue: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/8116
< gmaxwell> or we could implement some version of the block bloom indexing that was posted about on bitcoin-dev.
< gmaxwell> wumpus: wallet.dat encryption also gives you an authorization hook. A user doesn't have to worry when screwing around with bitcoin-qt that they're acidentally going to send funds.
< jonasschnelli> We could add wallet initialization/creating to a (new) bitcoin-txish tool. "./bitcoin-wallet"

2016-07-25

< sipa> to discuss the development of the software project called Bitcoin Core
< DongSwanson> good idea. Bitcoin has given me a lot. Maybe it is time to give something back. I'll look into that tomorrow.
< DongSwanson> so bitcoin-core cannot create CSV escrows but can sign it's outgoing transactions if you provide the correct redeemscript?
< Chris_Stewart_5> through bitcoin core's wallet UI?
< Chris_Stewart_5> You can use something like peter todd's python bitcoin library or whatever library there is for your favorite language
< Chris_Stewart_5> DongSwanson: Bitcoin Core doesn't expose functionality to create custom contracts through a user interface (that I know of...) You need to manually construct the contract
< DongSwanson> sipa: oh. so if I wanted to create a escrow with timeout for a real world scenario, we cannot use bitcoin-core?
< DongSwanson> can somebody help me with utilizing CHECKSEQUENCEVERIFY with bitcoin-core? I want to create a "escrow with timeout" with bitcoin-core
< GitHub149> bitcoin/0.13 86edc20 Suhas Daftuar: Scale legacy sigop count in CreateNewBlock...
< GitHub149> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 1 new commit to 0.13: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/86edc20a178cc17cdc6915e9e93a7241c27c368c
< GitHub191> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #8362: Scale legacy sigop count in CreateNewBlock (master...coinbase-sigops-scale) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8362
< GitHub43> bitcoin/master 517eee3 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #8362: Scale legacy sigop count in CreateNewBlock...
< GitHub43> bitcoin/master 682aa0f Suhas Daftuar: Scale legacy sigop count in CreateNewBlock
< GitHub43> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/99c0ac2fd9be...517eee3e8f8b
< GitHub84> [bitcoin] rebroad opened pull request #8403: Process "notfound" messages, and safeguard against unreasonably long … (master...ProcessNotfound) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8403
< GitHub24> bitcoin/0.13 73adfe3 Jonas Schnelli: [Wallet] Correct hdmasterkeyid/masterkeyid name confusion...
< GitHub24> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 1 new commit to 0.13: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/73adfe3bb935cead8e4d91f8d1c8a9feb55e4a7d
< GitHub85> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #8396: remove outdated legacy code from key.h (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8396
< GitHub86> bitcoin/master 99c0ac2 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #8396: remove outdated legacy code from key.h...
< GitHub86> bitcoin/master cc021ef lizhi: remove outdated legacy code...
< GitHub86> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/0df9ea42b888...99c0ac2fd9be
< Chris_Stewart_5> But having the r value be correct (in accordance to bitcoin core) and the s value incorrect seems like a strange case. Any way I'm going to investigate further and play with core's signing message functionality
< sipa> you're generating a signature that is different from the one created by bitcoin core
< Chris_Stewart_5> I'm importing the key from bitcoin core's WIF format, I used dumpprivkey. Did I screw something up along the way?

2016-07-24

< Chris_Stewart_5> when trying to recreate a digital signature from bitcoin core
< GitHub87> [bitcoin] yurizhykin opened pull request #8400: [qa]: enable rpcbind_test (master...rpcbind-test) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8400
< GitHub81> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli closed pull request #8397: 0.13 (master...0.13) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8397
< GitHub192> [bitcoin] asteroidsbg opened pull request #8397: 0.13 (master...0.13) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8397
< GitHub73> [bitcoin] cqtenq opened pull request #8396: remove outdated legacy code (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8396

2016-07-23

< moli> adiabat, we're talking it on #bitcoin :)
< GitHub184> [bitcoin] UdjinM6 opened pull request #8394: Make sure all ports are 16 bit numbers (master...uint16port) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8394
< gmaxwell> luke-jr: dude, wtf why are you whining about things like this https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4u38yt/bitcoins_nervous_system_gets_an_upgrade_with/d5mnpg9 when I can't even get you to test things like BIP152 and createnewblock improvements?

2016-07-22

< gmaxwell> do we have any tests of bitcoin-tx at all?
< sipa> and bitcoin 0.2.10 should be able to sync the full chain (due to a p2p change in 0.2.10)
< sipa> it's probably fair to say that ever since the concept of backward compatible consensus changes was invented (now called soft forks), bitcoin has not had any hard forks (apart from potentially the march 2013 one, but that's dubious)
< gmaxwell> petertodd: CodeShark: http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-core-ethereum-hard-fork-unsettling-precedent/ why are you making untrue statements to the media about hardforks in Bitcoin in the past?
< achow101> I'm doing some stuff for segwit with Armory, and one part of it is sending a getdata message to bitcoin core about a transaction that it just sent. The transaction was clearly accepted by core (I see it in the transaction list) but it keeps returning a notfound message. Any reason why?
< instagibbs> while we're improving CB, lets get https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8235 if for nothing else me not having to scan the source to figure out how to log debug messages :P
< GitHub93> [bitcoin] sipa opened pull request #8393: Support for compact blocks together with segwit (master...segwitcb) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8393
< GitHub135> [bitcoin] sipa opened pull request #8392: Fix several node initialization issues (master...fixactivatewait) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8392
< jonasschnelli> wumpus: should I open a PR for the 0.13 backport of https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8390? Or how do you do this normally?
< GitHub185> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli closed pull request #8390: [Wallet] Correct hdmasterkeyid/masterkeyid name confusion (master...2016/07/hd_masterkeyrename) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8390
< GitHub78> bitcoin/master 0df9ea4 Jonas Schnelli: Merge #8390: [Wallet] Correct hdmasterkeyid/masterkeyid name confusion...
< GitHub78> bitcoin/master b50e1ac Jonas Schnelli: [Wallet] Correct hdmasterkeyid/masterkeyid name confusion
< GitHub78> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/381917f610e3...0df9ea42b888

2016-07-21

< GitHub100> [bitcoin] NicolasDorier opened pull request #8391: Consensus: Remove ISM (master...remove-ism) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8391
< sipa> if it doesn't, then why does it belong in bitcoin?
< jtimon> gmaxwell: I have probably misunderstood https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/src/rpc/rawtransaction.cpp#L426 one time I was around without deeply reading...
< jtimon> sorry, #bitcoin
< GitHub86> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli opened pull request #8390: [Wallet] Correct hdmasterkeyid/hdmasterkey name confusion (master...2016/07/hd_masterkeyrename) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8390
< NicolasDorier> oh ? I am surprised I did https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8356 recently and it seemed using the ::minTxRelayFee
< GitHub128> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli opened pull request #8389: [0.13] Create a new HD seed after encrypting the wallet (0.13...2016/07/hd_enc) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8389
< luke-jr> (https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8388 needs a 0.13 tag I guess)
< wumpus> jonasschnelli: thanks, yes I've added 0.13 milestone to https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/8383
< gmaxwell> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr btcdrak sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier
< sipa> jtimon: bitcoin core irc meeting is 7pm iceland time
< jonasschnelli> <phantomcircuit:#bitcoin-core-dev> jonasschnelli, can you check 8152 again
< wumpus> gmaxwell: known issue https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/8117
< GitHub51> [bitcoin] luke-jr opened pull request #8388: [0.13] mining: Optimise for typical mining use with blockmaxsize (0.13...blockmaxsize_opti-0.13) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8388
< GitHub33> [bitcoin] luke-jr closed pull request #8387: [0.13] mining: Optimise for typical mining use with blockmaxsize (master...blockmaxsize_opti-0.13) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8387
< GitHub184> [bitcoin] luke-jr opened pull request #8387: [0.13] mining: Optimise for typical mining use with blockmaxsize (master...blockmaxsize_opti-0.13) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8387
< GitHub177> [bitcoin] luke-jr opened pull request #8386: mining: Optimise for typical mining use with blockmaxsize (master...blockmaxsize_opti) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8386
< GitHub67> bitcoin/0.13 52a4158 Suhas Daftuar: Add release notes for mining changes
< GitHub67> bitcoin/0.13 76bc30b Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #8374: Add release notes for mining changes...
< GitHub67> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to 0.13: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/cbdbc75139a6...76bc30beab86
< GitHub75> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #8374: Add release notes for mining changes (0.13...release-notes-mining) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8374
< GitHub33> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #8380: fix typo: propagation relay -> delay (0.13...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8380
< GitHub188> bitcoin/0.13 cbdbc75 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #8380: fix typo: propagation relay -> delay...
< GitHub188> bitcoin/0.13 f891e34 Jannes Faber: fix typo: propagation relay -> delay
< GitHub188> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to 0.13: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/66dde4edf733...cbdbc75139a6
< GitHub197> [bitcoin] jtimon closed pull request #8345: Introduce Consensus::GetFlags() and hide IsSuperMajority() (master...0.12.99-consensus-flags) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8345
< GitHub111> [bitcoin] NicolasDorier closed pull request #8344: Consensus: Use pindex for ISM check (master...not-using-block) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8344
< btcdrak> NicolasDorier: this was the discussion on it https://botbot.me/freenode/bitcoin-core-dev/2016-07-17/?msg=69776851&page=1
< GitHub87> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #8347: Trivial: Make CBlockIndex param const in ContextualCheckBlockHeader and ContextualCheckBlock (master...0.12.99-consensus-const-lost) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8347
< GitHub37> bitcoin/master 381917f Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #8347: Trivial: Make CBlockIndex param const in ContextualCheckBlockHeader and ContextualCheckBlock...
< GitHub37> bitcoin/master 6f3d616 Jorge Timón: Trivial: Make CBlockIndex param const in ContextualCheckBlockHeader and ContextualCheckBlock
< GitHub37> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/04af3cfe8fa9...381917f610e3
< wumpus> OH I was misreading that, looking at the github page it seemed like jtimon was still adding commits to it, but it says "added a commit to jtimon/bitcoin that referenced this pull request", I think that's new?
< NicolasDorier> wumpus: last is https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8347 of jtimon and I let you sleep in peace
< GitHub57> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #8341: Consensus: Remove calls to error() from ContextualCheckBlock (master...error-calls) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8341
< GitHub43> bitcoin/master 04af3cf Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #8341: Consensus: Remove calls to error() from ContextualCheckBlock...
< GitHub43> bitcoin/master 7821889 NicolasDorier: Consensus: Remove calls to error() from ContextualCheckBlock
< GitHub43> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/6f4092da80bc...04af3cfe8fa9
< NicolasDorier> wumpus: I just rebased https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8341 (the second stupid trivial one)
< GitHub69> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #8342: Consensus: Trivial transform BOOST_FOREACH into for loop (master...removeforeach) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8342
< GitHub64> bitcoin/master 6f4092d Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #8342: Consensus: Trivial transform BOOST_FOREACH into for loop...
< GitHub64> bitcoin/master a3e1984 NicolasDorier: Consensus: Trivial transform BOOST_FOREACH into for loop
< GitHub64> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/8e048f40cc25...6f4092da80bc
< NicolasDorier> wumpus: can you merge https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8342 and https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8341 when you have time (two trivial already acked commits)

2016-07-20

< GitHub29> [bitcoin] Hektve87 closed pull request #8385: Can't automatically merge (0.8...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8385
< GitHub51> [bitcoin] Hektve87 opened pull request #8385: Can't automatically merge (0.8...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8385
< bsm117532> It looks like this test was in Bitcoin around 0.9x and earlier but was removed.
< bsm117532> So, it should trigger segwit deserialization. But bitcoin does not trigger segwit deserialization and I don't see why...
< bsm117532> instagibbs: might as well add the empty-witness check to your PR. https://github.com/instagibbs/bitcoin/blob/txinerr/src/script/interpreter.cpp#L1320
< Chris_Stewart_5> bsm117532: I'm getting confused with actually checking the signature, which has to be an 'unsigned char' https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/src/script/interpreter.cpp#L1209
< GitHub167> [bitcoin] instagibbs opened pull request #8384: Add witness data output to TxInError messages (master...txinerr) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8384
< GitHub22> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli closed pull request #8382: Fix formatting error (0.13...patch-4) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8382
< GitHub69> bitcoin/0.13 66dde4e Jonas Schnelli: Merge #8382: Fix formatting error...
< GitHub69> bitcoin/0.13 ea91961 Chris Moore: Fix formatting error...
< GitHub69> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli pushed 2 new commits to 0.13: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/ebea65121e6c...66dde4edf733
< bsm117532> Could we remove SCRIPT_VERIFY_WITNESS from this call? https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/src/rpc/rawtransaction.cpp#L821
< bsm117532> Running: bitcoin-cli signrawtransaction
< GitHub104> [bitcoin] dooglus opened pull request #8382: Fix formatting error (0.13...patch-4) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8382
< Chris_Stewart_5> sipa: I'm looking closer at CBloomFilter, and does nHashFuncs/nTweak need to be prefaced with a compact size int as well? https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/f17032f703288d43a76cffe8fa89b87ade9e3074/src/bloom.h#L50
< GitHub128> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli closed pull request #6481: [mining] allow other signal listeners to provide scripts for mining (master...2015/07/enhance_mining_flexibility) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/6481
< GitHub65> [bitcoin] jl2012 opened pull request #8381: Make witness v0 outputs non-standard (master...patch-15) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8381
< GitHub70> [bitcoin] jafaber opened pull request #8380: fix typo: propagation relay -> delay (0.13...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8380
< GitHub11> bitcoin/0.13 ebea651 Patrick Strateman: Move SetMinVersion for FEATURE_HD to SetHDMasterKey...
< GitHub11> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 1 new commit to 0.13: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/ebea65121e6c62f6b6acd79408a681b987126a0d
< GitHub114> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #8378: [Wallet]Move SetMinVersion for FEATURE_HD to SetHDMasterKey (master...2016-07-19-cwallet-initloadwallet-ordering) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8378
< GitHub113> bitcoin/master 8e048f4 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #8378: [Wallet]Move SetMinVersion for FEATURE_HD to SetHDMasterKey...
< GitHub113> bitcoin/master 6523fca Patrick Strateman: Move SetMinVersion for FEATURE_HD to SetHDMasterKey
< GitHub113> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/c98abf2c7099...8e048f40cc25
< GitHub104> bitcoin/0.13 f0ff08d Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #8379: Remove duplicated name in release notes...
< GitHub104> bitcoin/0.13 48b9208 Johnson Lau: Remove duplicated name in release notes
< GitHub104> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to 0.13: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/1fe7f4040781...f0ff08d7841c
< GitHub109> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #8379: Remove duplicated name in release notes (0.13...patch-14) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8379
< GitHub102> [bitcoin] jl2012 opened pull request #8379: Remove duplicated name in release notes (0.13...patch-14) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8379
< jonasschnelli> <*highlight>[04:46:15] <phantomcircuit:#bitcoin-core-dev> jonasschnelli, fyi qa/rpc-tests/wallet-hd.py passes even when i changed usehd to createhdwallet
< jonasschnelli> [23:45:16] <phantomcircuit:#bitcoin-core-dev> jonasschnelli, why does CHDKeyStore::PrivateKeyDerivation take the keypath as a string?
< Raccoon> | #BITCOIN-DEV |## | MISSES |-  | YOU |\\ | GAVIN, |## | COME |\\ | HOME |-  | ! |::
< GitHub168> bitcoin/0.13 1fe7f40 Cory Fields: build: fix non-deterministic biplist...
< GitHub168> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 1 new commit to 0.13: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/1fe7f404078121ad370ec955aa23befa322549bb
< GitHub99> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #8373: Fix OSX non-deterministic dmg (master...biplist-determinism) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8373
< GitHub21> bitcoin/master c98abf2 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #8373: Fix OSX non-deterministic dmg...
< GitHub21> bitcoin/master 3b3ce25 Cory Fields: build: fix non-deterministic biplist...
< GitHub21> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/045106b4f13c...c98abf2c7099
< GitHub9> [bitcoin] pstratem opened pull request #8378: Move SetMinVersion for FEATURE_HD to SetHDMasterKey (master...2016-07-19-cwallet-initloadwallet-ordering) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8378
< GitHub106> [bitcoin] pstratem opened pull request #8377: Rename usdhd option to createhdwallet (master...2016-07-16-cwallet-createhdwallet) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8377
< luke-jr> sipa: if reality is they will, then reality is highly against Bitcoin surviving
< GitHub99> [bitcoin] pstratem opened pull request #8376: Fix exception message to reference actual thrower. (master...2016-07-19-cwallet-sethmasterkey) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8376

2016-07-19

< GitHub8> [bitcoin] pstratem opened pull request #8375: Move key derivation logic from GenerateNewKey to DeriveNewKey (master...2016-07-19-cwallet-derivenewkey) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8375
< Chris_Stewart_5> Is nFilterBytes suppose to be a compact sized unsigned integer on this documentation? https://bitcoin.org/en/developer-reference#filterload
< achow101> ab0a5e271e81fb48cf355f866a105eca12713260e703da35330ae66e03336367 bitcoin-osx-0.13-res.yml
< achow101> 0269f915640886ba16c73450ab2dbcdde0304fa79807414c7e0cf4d4ba8f39df src/bitcoin-0.13.99.tar.gz
< achow101> fc5a233b3be260ec7be63f699bbc128240ad190692cd5d4a82cc1352eb3c57df bitcoin-0.13.99-osx64.tar.gz
< achow101> e2e33efea3d2c86d34391b3be20d032343b359909cdbe55b1153ba109ae5af4f bitcoin-0.13.99-osx-unsigned.tar.gz
< achow101> 9fa6b31128eee2cfa535774fe4eebaa384f0471c094ce6ee6aefe9aef93f134b bitcoin-0.13.99-osx-unsigned.dmg
< GitHub18> [bitcoin] sdaftuar opened pull request #8374: Add release notes for mining changes (0.13...release-notes-mining) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8374
< GitHub16> [bitcoin] theuni opened pull request #8373: Fix OSX non-deterministic dmg (master...biplist-determinism) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8373
< cfields> achow101 / jonasschnelli: either of you have the bitcoin-0.13.0-osx-unsigned.tar.gz available?
< achow101> cfields: everything I built is at https://github.com/achow101/bitcoin/releases/tag/v0.13.0rc1. sigs have been PR'ed
< GitHub185> [bitcoin] UdjinM6 opened pull request #8372: Fix AddRef() usage for CNode (master...fixNodeRefCount) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8372
< MarcoFalke> three builders, three different bitcoin-0.13.0-osx-unsigned.tar.gz
< GitHub182> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli opened pull request #8371: [Qt] Add out-of-sync modal info layer (master...2016/07/UI-out-of-sync) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/8371
< wumpus> compiling bitcoin is quite CPU intensive, so the i/o overhead may be very little in comparison, it may not be the same for every project