2021-01-15

< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] benthecarman opened pull request #20945: Fix 0.21.0 release note to specify correct option BIP 157 support (master...patch-2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20945
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #20944: rpc: Return total fee in mempool (master...2101-rpcMempoolTotalFee) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20944
< core-meetingbot> topic: Bitcoin Core development discussion and commit log | Feel free to watch, but please take commentary and usage questions to #bitcoin | Channel logs: http://www.erisian.com.au/bitcoin-core-dev/, http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/ | Meeting topics http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt / http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedwalletmeetingtopics.txt
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20391 | wallet: introduce setfeerate (an improved settxfee, in sat/vB) by jonatack · Pull Request #20391 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #20916: rpc: Return wtxid from testmempoolaccept (master...2101-wtxidTestmempool) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20916
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 32e59fc MarcoFalke: Merge #20916: rpc: Return wtxid from testmempoolaccept
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa0aa87 MarcoFalke: rpc: Return wtxid from testmempoolaccept
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/0a1cf6c34734...32e59fc37108
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20226 | wallet, rpc: add listdescriptors command by S3RK · Pull Request #20226 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20546 | policy, wallet, refactor: check for non-representable CFeeRates by jonatack · Pull Request #20546 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< luke-jr> also, according to puchu in #bitcoin, the GUI has gotten less responsive in 0.21; not sure if wallet-related or not
< achow101> #bitcoin-core-dev Wallet Meeting: achow101 aj amiti ariard bluematt cfields Chris_Stewart_5 digi_james dongcarl elichai2 emilengler fanquake fjahr gleb gmaxwell gwillen hebasto instagibbs jamesob jb55 jeremyrubin jl2012 jnewbery jonasschnelli jonatack jtimon kallewoof kanzure kvaciral lightlike luke-jr maaku marcofalke meshcollider michagogo moneyball morcos nehan NicolasDorier paveljanik petertodd phantomcircuit promag provoostenator
< core-meetingbot> Meeting started Fri Jan 15 19:00:46 2021 UTC. The chair is achow101. Information about MeetBot at https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings.
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #20908: fuzz: Use mocktime in process_message* fuzz targets (master...2101-fuzzMocktime) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20908
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0a1cf6c MarcoFalke: Merge #20908: fuzz: Use mocktime in process_message* fuzz targets
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa0a864 MarcoFalke: fuzz: Use mocktime in process_message* fuzz targets
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/f91587f050d9...0a1cf6c34734
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19651 | wallet: importdescriptors update existing by S3RK · Pull Request #19651 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< wumpus> bitcoin-core-dev@lists.linuxfoundation.org is now finally, officially, an announcement-only list
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15935 | Add /settings.json persistent settings storage by ryanofsky · Pull Request #15935 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< wumpus> i have no idea what's going on with the bitcoin.org PR, https://github.com/bitcoin-dot-org/Bitcoin.org/pull/3560, but i guess cobra prefers not to do that anymore anyway
< provoostenator> nkuttler: there is a PR: https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoincore.org/pull/734
< provoostenator> If someone has a chance to merge https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/171 then I can have some rebase fun on hardware wallet UI stuff...
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ajtowns opened pull request #20942: [refactor] Move some net_processing globals into PeerManagerImpl (master...202101-netproc-anti-globalisation-pt1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20942
< sipa> Arvidt: a dump of my crawler is on http://bitcoin.sipa.be/seeds.txt.gz
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jarolrod opened pull request #20941: rpc: document RPC_TRANSACTION_ALREADY_IN_CHAIN exception (master...rpcman-sendrawtx) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20941
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #20939: build: fix RELOC_SECTION security check for bitcoin-util (master...fix_bitcoin_util_reloc_section) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20939
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #20938: Fix linking against -latomic when building for riscv (master...fix_riscv_atomic_usage) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20938

2021-01-14

< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] dongcarl opened pull request #20937: guix: Make nsis reproducible by respecting SOURCE-DATE-EPOCH (master...2021-01-nsis-sde-reproducibility) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20937
< core-meetingbot> topic: Bitcoin Core development discussion and commit log | Feel free to watch, but please take commentary and usage questions to #bitcoin | Channel logs: http://www.erisian.com.au/bitcoin-core-dev/, http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/ | Meeting topics http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt / http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedwalletmeetingtopics.txt
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20749 | [Bundle 1/n] Prune g_chainman usage related to ::LookupBlockIndex by dongcarl · Pull Request #20749 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19806 | validation: UTXO snapshot activation by jamesob · Pull Request #19806 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16702 | p2p: supplying and using asmap to improve IP bucketing in addrman by naumenkogs · Pull Request #16702 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20557 | addrman: Fix new table bucketing during unserialization by jnewbery · Pull Request #20557 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20362 | test: Implicitly sync after generate* to preempt races and intermittent test failures by MarcoFalke · Pull Request #20362 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19145 | Add hash_type MUHASH for gettxoutsetinfo by fjahr · Pull Request #19145 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20391 | wallet: introduce setfeerate (an improved settxfee, in sat/vB) by jonatack · Pull Request #20391 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20715 | util: Add ArgsManager::GetCommand() and use it in bitcoin-wallet by MarcoFalke · Pull Request #20715 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: achow101 aj amiti ariard bluematt cfields Chris_Stewart_5 digi_james dongcarl elichai2 emilengler fanquake fjahr gleb gmaxwell gwillen hebasto instagibbs jamesob jb55 jeremyrubin jl2012 jnewbery jonasschnelli jonatack jtimon kallewoof kanzure kvaciral lightlike luke-jr maaku marcofalke meshcollider michagogo moneyball morcos nehan NicolasDorier paveljanik
< core-meetingbot> Meeting started Thu Jan 14 19:03:20 2021 UTC. The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings.
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] danben opened pull request #20936: build: build fuzz tests by default (master...build-fuzz-tests-by-default) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20936
< vasild> MarcoFalke: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20845 -- "incoming onions are also treated as local peers and should thus not be excepted..."
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift closed pull request #20089: validation: Increase robustness when loading malformed mempool.dat files (LoadMempool) (master...load-mempool-robustness) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20089
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift reopened pull request #20089: validation: Increase robustness when loading malformed mempool.dat files (LoadMempool) (master...load-mempool-robustness) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20089
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #20834: locks and docs in ATMP and CheckInputsFromMempoolAndCache (master...2021-01-validation-cleanup) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20834
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f91587f fanquake: Merge #20834: locks and docs in ATMP and CheckInputsFromMempoolAndCache
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2f463f5 gzhao408: [doc] for CheckInputsFromMempoolAndCache
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 85cc6be gzhao408: lock annotations for MemPoolAccept functions
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/29d2aeb4a2b1...f91587f050d9
< wumpus> provoostenator: please whitelist magnet:?xt=urn:btih:665c5bdc6f49948e47c1098d91ace98bd216150e&dn=bitcoin-core-0.21.0
< Kiminuo> Win64 (https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20932/checks?check_run_id=1700991165). Can anyone help me understand why building fails (only) for Win64?
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonatack reopened pull request #20546: policy, wallet, refactor: check for non-representable CFeeRates (master...non-representable-CFeeRate-check) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20546
< aj> MarcoFalke: does bitcoin-util/gitian work better if bitcoin-util.cpp has #include <atomic> ?
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #20933: [0.21] doc: Archive release notes, Add template for minor release (0.21...2101-docBackport) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20933
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.21 7d8a10a Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #20933: [0.21] doc: Archive release notes, Add template for minor re...
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to 0.21: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/95ea54ba0896...7d8a10a6f4d6
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.21 b6d3502 MarcoFalke: doc: Archive release notes, Add template for minor release
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #20828: fuzz: Introduce CallOneOf helper to replace switch-case (master...2012-fuzzCallOneOf) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20828
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 29d2aeb MarcoFalke: Merge #20828: fuzz: Introduce CallOneOf helper to replace switch-case
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa75d40 MarcoFalke: fuzz: Introduce CallOneOf helper to replace switch-case
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/ad571bd354cb...29d2aeb4a2b1
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #20933: [0.21] doc: Archive release notes, Add template for minor release (0.21...2101-docBackport) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20933
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] kiminuo opened pull request #20932: Introduce fsbridge::AbsPathJoin(base, p). (master...feature/fs-AbsPathJoin) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20932
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #20931: doc: Add historic 0.21.0 release notes (master...2101-docArchiveRelNotes) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20931
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master ad571bd Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #20931: doc: Add historic 0.21.0 release notes
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master faea902 MarcoFalke: doc: Add historic 0.21.0 release notes
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/cb2c57845177...ad571bd354cb
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #20931: doc: Add historic 0.21.0 release notes (master...2101-docArchiveRelNotes) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20931
< jonasschnelli> ##bitcoin-core-gui has the correct mode now
< jonasschnelli> As for ##bitcoin-core-gui ... the mode is wrong. It should not be on invite (achow101 luke-jr). Will fix now.
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #20928: Create sustainable_wallet (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20928

2021-01-13

< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19455 | rpc generate: print useful help and error message by jonatack · Pull Request #19455 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed tag v0.21.0: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/v0.21.0
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.21 95ea54b Wladimir J. van der Laan: build: Bump RC to 0 (-final)
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 1 commit to 0.21: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/91f06324640b...95ea54ba0896
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #20929: doc: Move 0.21.0 release notes from wiki (0.21...2021-01-relnot-0.21.0) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20929
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.21 91f0632 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #20929: doc: Move 0.21.0 release notes from wiki
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to 0.21: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/15877d160cb8...91f06324640b
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.21 66e6742 Wladimir J. van der Laan: doc: Move 0.21.0 release notes from wiki
< wumpus> why call a non-existing RPC at all :) it's only still there as a service to (human) users following old wiki pages with bitcoin-cli, and who tend to care more about the English message than the return code
< sdaftuar> and i am opposed to creating such a group that is somehow affiliated with the bitcoin core software
< sipa> i think it's more likely that someone reads this and wonders why it's mentioned at all and what bitcoin core's role in this is, than that it would affect their upgrade behavior
< sipa> bitcoin core's developers and maintainers shouldn't be using the release notes to further the goal of activation
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj opened pull request #20929: doc: Move 0.21.0 release notes from wiki (0.21...2021-01-relnot-0.21.0) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20929
< sipa> it just sounds bizarre, making it sound like bitcoin core's maintainers are going to use 0.21 upgrade numbers to decide how activation happens
< sipa> i believe that is the extent to which bitcoin core should be involved with this
< luke-jr> why is ##bitcoin-core-gui invite-only in the first place?
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] cybercore-tech opened pull request #20928: Create sustainable_wallet (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20928
< harding> wumpus: for the website release notes, https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoincore.org/pull/733
< achow101> can someone invite me into ##bitcoin-core-gui?
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master cb2c578 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin-core/gui#148: Bugfix: GUI: Restore SendConfirmationDialog bu...
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 8775691 Luke Dashjr: Bugfix: GUI: Restore SendConfirmationDialog button default to "Yes"
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/22fa9673b02e...cb2c57845177
< bitcoin-git> [gui] MarcoFalke merged pull request #148: Bugfix: GUI: Restore SendConfirmationDialog button default to "Yes" (master...bugfix_gui_bumpyes) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/148
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jnewbery opened pull request #20927: [refactor] [net] Clean up InactivityCheck() (master...2021-01-timeout-cleanup) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20927
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #20917: doc, rpc: add missing signet mentions in network name lists (master...2021-add_missing_signet_network_name) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20917
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 22fa967 MarcoFalke: Merge #20917: doc, rpc: add missing signet mentions in network name lists
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fc726e0 Sebastian Falbesoner: doc, rpc: add missing signet mentions in network name lists
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/e7eb37128c31...22fa9673b02e
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19748 | Deprecate banlist.dat · Issue #19748 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] vasild closed pull request #20926: revert #20852 net: allow CSubNet of non-IP networks (master...revert_20852) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20926
< wumpus> harding: that's good to know! i was afraid it would make a link to the bitcoin/bitcoin issue of the same number that would be bad, but yes that seems acceptable really
< wumpus> harding: hi! for 0.21.0 we have a new kind of PR which comes from the bitcoin-core/gui repository, I've used the syntax "gui/#xxxx" to refer to these, if we want these to point to the right repository we'll need to update the link conversion
< vasild> $ bitcoin-cli setban pg6mmjiyjmcrsslvykfwnntlaru7p5svn6y2ymmju6nubxndf4pscryd.onion add
< vasild> MarcoFalke: so you decide to ban torv3.onion, do "setban torv3.onion add". The ban is effective and works. 2 days later bitcoin core is restarted. The ban is lost, silently.
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/1234 | During initial sync, chain download pauses if peer goes away · Issue #1234 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< wumpus> I did use the gui#1234 convention in the release notes, likely we need to update the bitcoin-core.org HTML-izing plugin as well to recognize these and generate valid links to them
< MarcoFalke> so you can do title.startswith('Merge bitcoin-core/gui#')
< MarcoFalke> the merge commits start with "bitcoin-core/gui#123 remove foobar"
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/123 | Spent per txout by sipa · Pull Request #123 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] vasild opened pull request #20926: revert #20852 net: allow CSubNet of non-IP networks (master...revert_20852) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20926
< vasild> wumpus: what about reverting https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20852 ?
< wumpus> norisgOG_: #bitcoin please, this channel is for development ony
< norisgOG_> Hello all I have a question concering signatures in bitcoin, where in the transaction can I see which HASH_Type I have to use to calculate the transaction hash ?
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jnewbery opened pull request #20925: RFC: Move Peer and PeerManagerImpl to separate header (master...2021-01-peermanimplh) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20925
< wumpus> jonatack: thanks, it's not a big deal, @'s can appear for various reasons, but it prompted me to write https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-maintainer-tools/pull/69
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #20913: doc: Add manual page generation for bitcoin-util (master...2021_01_bitcoin_util_manpage) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20913
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e7eb371 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #20913: doc: Add manual page generation for bitcoin-util
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b5e93f8 Wladimir J. van der Laan: doc: Add manual page generation for bitcoin-util
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master bc99ae7 Wladimir J. van der Laan: scripted-diff: Fix typo in stub manual pages
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/60427ee35f28...e7eb37128c31
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #20811: refactor: move net_processing implementation details out of header (master...202012-netproc-impl-split) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20811
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a568b82 Anthony Towns: net_processing: split PeerManager into interface and implementation classes
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0df3d3f Anthony Towns: net_processing: make more of PeerManager private
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0d246a5 Anthony Towns: net, net_processing: move NetEventsInterface method docs to net.h
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 6 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/8ffaf5c2f5aa...60427ee35f28
< wumpus> darosior: invited you to the "frequent contributors" group for bitcoin and bitcoin-core orgs (this is not currently a requirement for editing the wiki but will likely become so)
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #19935: Move SaltedHashers to separate file and add some new ones (master...mv-saltedhash) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19935
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 281fd1a Andrew Chow: Replace KeyIDHasher with SaltedSipHasher
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 95e61c1 Andrew Chow: Move Hashers to util/hasher.{cpp/h}
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 210b693 Andrew Chow: Add generic SaltedSipHasher
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/7b975639ef93...8ffaf5c2f5aa
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ajtowns opened pull request #20923: signet miner followups (master...202101-signet-tweak) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20923
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sinetek closed pull request #20922: switch over to std::shared_mutex. (master...stdsm) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20922
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sinetek opened pull request #20922: switch over to std::shared_mutex. (master...stdsm) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20922
< bitcoin-git> [gui] sinetek opened pull request #183: Add include for std::bind. (master...functional) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/183
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sinetek closed pull request #20920: add include for std::bind. (master...FUNCTIONAL) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20920
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theStack opened pull request #20921: validation: don't try to invalidate genesis block in CChainState::InvalidateBlock (master...2021-rpc-forbid_invalidateblock_on_genesisblock) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20921
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20811 | refactor: move net_processing implementation details out of header by ajtowns · Pull Request #20811 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub

2021-01-12

< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19935 | Move SaltedHashers to separate file and add some new ones by achow101 · Pull Request #19935 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< darosior> wumpus: if i have a small addition to the release notes, can i just modify https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-devwiki/wiki/0.21.0-Release-Notes-Draft in place?
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sinetek opened pull request #20920: add include for std::bind. (master...FUNCTIONAL) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20920
< jeremyrubin> I think where I got confused is (non-core, going to move convo to appropriate channel) https://docs.rs/bitcoin/0.25.2/bitcoin/util/bip143/struct.SigHashCache.html#method.signature_hash requires a scriptcode field
< jeremyrubin> output of ./bitcoin-cli getaddressinfo $(./bitcoin-cli getnewaddress):
< jeremyrubin> `./bitcoin-cli walletcreatefundedpsbt '[]' "[{\"$(./bitcoin-cli getnewaddress)\": 1.999}]" | jq '.psbt' | xargs printf > PSBT`
< jeremyrubin> ./bitcoin-cli walletcreatefundedpsbt '[]' '[{"bcrt1qkgjcurnce02xu5kgyd3l3zamv548vaydv0w2ju": 1.999}]' | jq '.psbt' | xargs printf > PSBT
< jeremyrubin> `bitcoin-cli walletprocesspsbt $(cat PSBT) false | jq '.psbt' | xargs printf > PSBT2` does not fill in the witness_script
< jeremyrubin> e.g., `bitcoin-cli walletprocesspsbt $(cat PSBT) true | jq '.psbt' | xargs printf > PSBT2` succeeds
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theStack opened pull request #20917: doc, rpc: add missing signet mentions in network name lists (master...2021-add_missing_signet_network_name) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20917
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #20916: rpc: Return wtxid from testmempoolaccept (master...2101-wtxidTestmempool) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20916
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #20738: [0.20] final rc2 backports (0.20...2012-20rc2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20738
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.20 19bcf17 Amiti Uttarwar: [doc] Add permissions to the getpeerinfo help.
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.20 d0c75ab MarcoFalke: doc: Extract net permissions doc
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.20 bcb655d Ben Carman: rpc: Add missing description of vout in getrawtransaction help text
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 4 commits to 0.20: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/a4bc4c1f79d7...f1c3c53e5f94
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #20915: fuzz: Fail if message type is not fuzzed (master...2101-fuzzFailMsgType) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20915
< jonatack> let's meet at bitcoin beach for the p2p meetings
< core-meetingbot> topic: Bitcoin Core development discussion and commit log | Feel free to watch, but please take commentary and usage questions to #bitcoin | Channel logs: http://www.erisian.com.au/bitcoin-core-dev/, http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/ | Meeting topics http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt / http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedwalletmeetingtopics.txt
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20726 | p2p: Add DISABLETX message for negotiating block-relay-only connections by sdaftuar · Pull Request #20726 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< ariard> to be back on the question "should bitcoin core relay addrs to software sending these messages?" _currently_ we don't accept addr msgs from outbound-block-relay peers so why it's worsening the black-hole problem?
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15759 | p2p: Add 2 outbound block-relay-only connections by sdaftuar · Pull Request #15759 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< sdaftuar> let's say we deployed disabletx. shoudl bitcoin core relay addrs to software sending these messages?
< amiti> hm, if bitcoin core relayed addrs to software that sends disabletx, we aren't able to take advantage of the savings that is the goal, right?
< sdaftuar> let's say we deployed disabletx. shoudl bitcoin core relay addrs to software sending these messages?
< jonatack> jnewbery: i thought it was here: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20726#discussion_r548352366
< jnewbery> (the original discussion of blockrelay -> disabletx is here: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20726#discussion_r548352366)
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20726 | p2p: Add DISABLETX message for negotiating block-relay-only connections by sdaftuar · Pull Request #20726 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20277 | p2p: Stop processing unrequested transactions during IBD and extend p2p_ibd_txrelay.py coverage by ariard · Pull Request #20277 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20811 | refactor: move net_processing implementation details out of header by ajtowns · Pull Request #20811 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19398 | Move remaining application layer data to net processing · Issue #19398 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20197 | p2p: improve onion detection in AttemptToEvictConnection() by jonatack · Pull Request #20197 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20685 | Add I2P support using I2P SAM by vasild · Pull Request #20685 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19203 | net: Add regression fuzz harness for CVE-2017-18350. Add FuzzedSocket. Add thin SOCKET wrapper. by practicalswift · Pull Request #19203 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20788 | net: add RAII socket and use it instead of bare SOCKET by vasild · Pull Request #20788 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12 | Monitor transactions and/or blocks · Issue #12 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< jnewbery> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: achow101 aj amiti ariard bluematt cfields Chris_Stewart_5 digi_james dongcarl elichai2 emilengler fanquake fjahr gleb gmaxwell gwillen hebasto instagibbs jamesob jb55 jeremyrubin jl2012 jnewbery jonasschnelli jonatack jtimon kallewoof kanzure kvaciral lightlike luke-jr maaku marcofalke meshcollider michagogo moneyball morcos nehan NicolasDorier paveljanik petertodd
< core-meetingbot> Meeting started Tue Jan 12 15:00:17 2021 UTC. The chair is jnewbery. Information about MeetBot at https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings.
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12 | Monitor transactions and/or blocks · Issue #12 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< jnewbery> Hi folks. Reminder that we have our first p2p meeting in just under 10 minutes. We have three suggested topics so far: https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-devwiki/wiki/P2P-IRC-meetings#12-jan-2021
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj opened pull request #20913: doc: Add manual page generation for bitcoin-util (master...2021_01_bitcoin_util_manpage) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20913
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #20911: Create act.conf (master...patch-2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20911
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] bitmastercoin opened pull request #20911: Create act.conf (master...patch-2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20911
< aj> wumpus: oh bitcoin-util needs a zillion things, i just meant some of the signet readme bits
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #19937: signet mining utility (master...202009-signet-generate) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19937
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 13762bc Anthony Towns: Add bitcoin-util command line utility
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 95d5d5e Anthony Towns: rpc: allow getblocktemplate for test chains when unconnected or in IBD
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 81c54de Anthony Towns: rpc: update getblocktemplate with signet rule, include signet_challenge
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 6 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/18017152c2a5...7b975639ef93
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18710 | Add local thread pool to CCheckQueue by hebasto · Pull Request #18710 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #20619: guix: Quality of life improvements (master...2020-12-guix-fixups) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20619
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 93b6a85 Carl Dong: guix: Add ADDITIONAL_GUIX_{COMMON,TIMEMACHINE}_FLAGS options
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0f31e24 Carl Dong: guix: Add SUBSTITUTE_URLS option
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 444fcfc Carl Dong: guix: Make guix honor MAX_JOBS setting
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 14 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/7838db141b76...18017152c2a5
< jnewbery> It also helps with https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19398, which is gradually moving data into the Peer struct. Having that only declared internally in net_processing.cpp reduces header churn
< jnewbery> vasild: did you see https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20758? Some of the benefits are listed there
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] romanz closed pull request #20702: rpc: Add getblocklocations call (master...locations) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20702
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19937 | signet mining utility by ajtowns · Pull Request #19937 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #20495: sync: Use decltype(auto) return type for WITH_LOCK (master...2020-11-decltype-auto) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20495
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7838db1 fanquake: Merge #20495: sync: Use decltype(auto) return type for WITH_LOCK
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3eb94ec Carl Dong: sync: Use decltype(auto) return type for WITH_LOCK
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/6af013792f1b...7838db141b76
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #20908: fuzz: Use mocktime in process_message* fuzz targets (master...2101-fuzzMocktime) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20908
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #19183: [WIP DONOTMERGE] Replace boost with C++17 (master...2005-StdVariantScriptedDiff) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19183
< sipa> #bitcoin ?
< sipa> i can understand someone spamming a bitcoin address, or people confusing pull request to be something they need to get the source code... but this?

2021-01-11

< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 99791e7 Amiti Uttarwar: [test/refactor] P2PBlocksOnly - simplify transaction creation using blockt...
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #19315: [tests] Allow outbound & block-relay-only connections in functional tests. (master...2020-06-test-outbounds) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19315
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3997ab9 Amiti Uttarwar: [test] Add test framework support to create outbound connections.
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5bc04e8 Amiti Uttarwar: [rpc/net] Introduce addconnection to test outbounds & blockrelay
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 7 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/6d81d7aa87a1...6af013792f1b
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] gruve-p opened pull request #20906: contrib: embed C++11 patch in install_db4.sh (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20906
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20852 | net: allow CSubNet of non-IP networks by vasild · Pull Request #20852 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] vasild opened pull request #20904: net: (de)serialize CSubNet in addrv2 format (master...subnet_ser_addrv2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20904
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ryanofsky closed pull request #18600: [wallet] Track conflicted transactions removed from mempool and fix UI notifications (master...2020-03-wallet-track-conflicts) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18600
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20852 | net: allow CSubNet of non-IP networks by vasild · Pull Request #20852 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20849 | net: disconnect peers by address without using a subnet by vasild · Pull Request #20849 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #20787: Use C++17 std::array deduction for OUTPUT_TYPES, ALL_FEE_ESTIMATE_HORIZONS (master...2012-WswitchFeeEstimateHorizon) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20787
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6d81d7a fanquake: Merge #20787: Use C++17 std::array deduction for OUTPUT_TYPES, ALL_FEE_EST...
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master aaaa987 MarcoFalke: refactor: Use C++17 std::array deduction for ALL_FEE_ESTIMATE_HORIZONS
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa39cdd MarcoFalke: refactor: Use C++17 std::array deduction for OUTPUT_TYPES
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/5cce60710525...6d81d7aa87a1
< bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto closed pull request #174: refactor: No need to implement index for non-hierarchical models (master...210102-index) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/174
< vasild> MarcoFalke: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20852#issuecomment-757934752 you mean all commands with the latest code?
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #20373: refactor, net: Increase CNode data member encapsulation (master...201111-cnode) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20373
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5cce607 MarcoFalke: Merge #20373: refactor, net: Increase CNode data member encapsulation
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3642b2e Hennadii Stepanov: refactor, net: Increase CNode data member encapsulation
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master acebb79 Hennadii Stepanov: refactor, move-only: Relocate CNode private members
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/675af2a515f2...5cce60710525
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #20901: [0.21.1]: rc1 Backports (0.21...2101-2101Backports) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20901
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #20849: net: disconnect peers by address without using a subnet (master...disconnect_by_subnet_fix) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20849
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #20852: net: allow CSubNet of non-IP networks (master...non_ip_subnets) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20852
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 675af2a Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #20852: net: allow CSubNet of non-IP networks
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 39b4329 Vasil Dimov: test: add test for banning of non-IP addresses
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 94d335d Vasil Dimov: net: allow CSubNet of non-IP networks
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/616eace02acd...675af2a515f2
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] gruve-p closed pull request #20665: Build: update clang patch to use heredoc (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20665
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b3e9bca Hennadii Stepanov: qt, refactor: Drop no longer used PeerTableModel::getNodeStats function
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 35007ed Hennadii Stepanov: qt: Add PeerTableModel::StatsRole
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 49c6040 Hennadii Stepanov: qt: Use PeerTableModel::StatsRole
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonasschnelli pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/9c0b76c709c1...616eace02acd
< bitcoin-git> [gui] jonasschnelli merged pull request #161: Add PeerTableModel::StatsRole to prevent data layer violation (master...201223-ban) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/161
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #20876: test: Replace getmempoolentry with testmempoolaccept in MiniWallet (master...2101-testMiniWalletNoSubmit) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20876
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9c0b76c MarcoFalke: Merge #20876: test: Replace getmempoolentry with testmempoolaccept in Mini...
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master faabc26 MarcoFalke: test: Replace getmempoolentry with testmempoolaccept in MiniWallet
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/bd6af53e1f8e...9c0b76c709c1
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #20480: Replace boost::variant with std::variant (master...2011-noBoostVariant) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20480
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master bd6af53 fanquake: Merge #20480: Replace boost::variant with std::variant
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master faa8f68 MarcoFalke: Replace boost::variant with std::variant
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/c4458cc3a1d1...bd6af53e1f8e
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #18819: net: Replace cs_feeFilter with simple std::atomic (master...2004-netNoRecursiveMutex) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18819
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c4458cc fanquake: Merge #18819: net: Replace cs_feeFilter with simple std::atomic
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fad1f0f MarcoFalke: net: Remove unused cs_feeFilter
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/094402430925...c4458cc3a1d1

2021-01-10

< bitcoin-git> [gui] jonatack opened pull request #180: Peer details: connection type follow-ups (master...peer-details-connection-type-followups) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/180
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] gruve-p closed pull request #20898: Build: update clang patch to use heredoc (master...heredoc-patch) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20898
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] gruve-p reopened pull request #20665: Build: update clang patch to use heredoc (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20665
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] gruve-p opened pull request #20898: Build: update clang patch to use heredoc (master...heredoc-patch) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20898
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] gruve-p closed pull request #20665: Build: update clang patch to use heredoc (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20665
< bitcoin-git> [gui] MarcoFalke merged pull request #163: Peer details: replace Direction with Connection Type (master...display-peer-conn-types) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/163
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c95fe6e Hennadii Stepanov: gui: improve connection type tooltip
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2c19ba2 Jon Atack: gui: replace Direction with Connection Type in peer details
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7e2beab Jon Atack: gui: create GUIUtil::ConnectionTypeToQString utility function
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 5 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/555fc0789d21...094402430925
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 555fc07 MarcoFalke: Merge #20881: fuzz: net permission flags in net processing
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #20881: fuzz: net permission flags in net processing (master...2101-fuzzNet) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20881
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fad327c MarcoFalke: fuzz: net permission flags in net processing
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/708ef4424a65...555fc0789d21
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #20890: doc: Add explicit macdeployqtplus dependencies install step (master...210108-deploy) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20890
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 708ef44 fanquake: Merge #20890: doc: Add explicit macdeployqtplus dependencies install step
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 3e61b8c Hennadii Stepanov: doc: Add explicit macdeployqtplus dependencies install step
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/5574e489631b...708ef4424a65
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #20875: [*.cc,*.cpp] Reduce push_back (master...push-back) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20875
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] GyanPrakash2483 closed pull request #20897: Update coincontrol.cpp (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20897
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] GyanPrakash2483 reopened pull request #20897: Update coincontrol.cpp (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20897
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] GyanPrakash2483 closed pull request #20897: Update coincontrol.cpp (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20897
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] GyanPrakash2483 opened pull request #20897: Update coincontrol.cpp (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20897
< sipa> this is getting a bit too long for this channel; i suggest posting on bitcoin.stackexchange.com for help if it still doesn't work
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] glozow closed pull request #20895: p2p: mildly discourage peers that violate feefilter (master...p2p-feefilter-violations) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20895

2021-01-09

< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] glozow opened pull request #20895: p2p: mildly discourage peers that violate feefilter (master...p2p-feefilter-violations) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20895
< bitcoin-git> [gui] jonatack opened pull request #179: gui: add direction and type columns to peers window (master...add-peers-dir-and-type-columns) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/179
< jamesob> (veering off topic) what's the easiest way for non-technical end users to enable that; just editing bitcoin.conf?
< jamesob> bitcoin-qt doesn't start the RPC server by default? I didn't see anything in the GUI configuration for it, so I assume it did it by default
< jamesob> running bitcoin-qt, can access RPC via the console view, but oh, can't see *8332 in lsof
< sipa> don't have -server=0 or running bitcoin-qt?
< jamesob> I don't think so - I'm `ls`ing the datadir and seeing debug.log/bitcoin.conf I expect, but no cookie file