2021-06-19

< sipa> we do have our fork of leveldb; https://github.com/bitcoin-core/leveldb
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] whitslack opened pull request #22285: contrib/init: (OpenRC) use -startupnotify to wait for startup completion (master...openrc-startupnotify) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22285
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonatack opened pull request #22284: p2p, refactor: performance improvements to ProtectEvictionCandidatesByRatio() (master...ProtectEvictionCandidatesByRatio-perf-enhancements) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22284
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] dgoncharov opened pull request #22283: build: Replace $(AT) with .SILENCE. (master...replace_AT_with_dotsilence) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22283
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] klementtan opened pull request #22282: refactor: CheckFinalTx pass by reference instead of ptr (master...CheckFinalTx_ptr_to_ref) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22282
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #22192: [0.20] gitian: Use custom MacOS code signing tool (0.20...0.20-signapple) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22192
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.20 9c7c0e6 Andrew Chow: gitian: use signapple to create the MacOS code signature
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.20 f834485 Andrew Chow: gitian: use signapple to apply the MacOS code signature
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.20 a2650f6 Andrew Chow: gitian: install signapple in gitian-osx-signer.yml
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 6 commits to 0.20: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/5d2ebdd2b71f...466acb3fbcf5
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #22191: [0.21] gitian: Use custom MacOS code signing tool (0.21...0.21-signapple) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22191
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.21 27d691b Andrew Chow: gitian: use signapple to create the MacOS code signature
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.21 2f33e33 Andrew Chow: gitian: use signapple to apply the MacOS code signature
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.21 65ce833 Andrew Chow: gitian: install signapple in gitian-osx-signer.yml
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 6 commits to 0.21: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/419f9b3b3b7c...926f76cb205c
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #22279: fuzz: add missing ECCVerifyHandle to base_encode_decode (master...2021-06--fuzztestix) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22279
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 965e937 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#22279: fuzz: add missing ECCVerifyHandle to base_enc...
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 906d791 Andrew Poelstra: fuzz: add missing ECCVerifyHandle to base_encode_decode
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/e172ea880498...965e93743454
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #22210: test: Use MiniWallet in test_no_inherited_signaling RBF test (master...2106-testMiniWallet) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22210
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fab7e99 MarcoFalke: test: Use MiniWallet in test_no_inherited_signaling RBF test
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fab871f MarcoFalke: test: Remove unused generate() from test
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master faff3f3 MarcoFalke: test: Add txin.sequence option to MiniWallet
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 5 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/0f47e01d7d49...e172ea880498
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #22281: build: Avoid @GLIBC_2.29 libm symbols when --enable-glibc-back-compat (master...210619-lm) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22281

2021-06-18

<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22252 | policy: Trim Packages when transaction with same txid exists in mempool by glozow · Pull Request #22252 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< ariard> glozow: have a look on my last comment in #22252 but also on my mail published today highlighting my thinking and the context we should consider, here https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2021-June/019084.html
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] apoelstra opened pull request #22279: fuzz: add missing ECCVerifyHandle to base_encode_decode (master...2021-06--fuzztestix) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22279
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #22278: Add LIFETIMEBOUND to CScript where needed (master...2106-scriptBound) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22278
< core-meetingbot> topic: Bitcoin Core development discussion and commit log | Feel free to watch, but please take commentary and usage questions to #bitcoin | Channel logs: http://www.erisian.com.au/bitcoin-core-dev/, http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/ | Meeting topics http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt / http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedwalletmeetingtopics.txt
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22275 | A few follow-ups for taproot signing by sipa · Pull Request #22275 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21329 | descriptor wallet: Cache last hardened xpub and use in normalized descriptors by achow101 · Pull Request #21329 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22166 | Add support for inferring tr() descriptors by sipa · Pull Request #22166 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22154 | Add OutputType::BECH32M and related wallet support for fetching bech32m addresses by achow101 · Pull Request #22154 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19651 | wallet: importdescriptors update existing by S3RK · Pull Request #19651 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22154 | Add OutputType::BECH32M and related wallet support for fetching bech32m addresses by achow101 · Pull Request #22154 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19651 | wallet: importdescriptors update existing by S3RK · Pull Request #19651 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21329 | descriptor wallet: Cache last hardened xpub and use in normalized descriptors by achow101 · Pull Request #21329 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22154 | Add OutputType::BECH32M and related wallet support for fetching bech32m addresses by achow101 · Pull Request #22154 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22166 | Add support for inferring tr() descriptors by sipa · Pull Request #22166 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22166 | Add support for inferring tr() descriptors by sipa · Pull Request #22166 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22154 | Add OutputType::BECH32M and related wallet support for fetching bech32m addresses by achow101 · Pull Request #22154 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21365 | Basic Taproot signing support for descriptor wallets by sipa · Pull Request #21365 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< achow101> #bitcoin-core-dev wallet Meeting: achow101 _aj_ amiti ariard BlueMatt cfields Chris_Stewart_5 darosior digi_james dongcarl elichai2 emilengler fanquake fjahr gleb glozow gmaxwell gwillen hebasto instagibbs jamesob jarolrod jb55 jeremyrubin jl2012 jnewbery jonasschnelli jonatack jtimon kallewoof kanzure kvaciral laanwj lightlike luke-jr maaku marcofalke meshcollider michagogo moneyball morcos nehan NicolasDorier paveljanik petertodd
< core-meetingbot> Meeting started Fri Jun 18 19:01:11 2021 UTC. The chair is achow101. Information about MeetBot at https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings.
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #20923: signet miner followups (master...202101-signet-tweak) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20923
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e665438 Anthony Towns: contrib/signet/miner: Automatic timestamp for first block
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1a45cd2 Anthony Towns: contrib/signet: Fix typos
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a383ce5 Anthony Towns: contrib/signet/miner: --grind-cmd is required for calibrate
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 7 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/da1e6d5911f0...0f47e01d7d49
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #14604: tests: Add test and refactor feature_block.py (master...feature-block-test) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/14604
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master da1e6d5 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#14604: tests: Add test and refactor feature_block.py...
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5531119 sanket1729: Added new test for future blocks reacceptance
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 511a5af sanket1729: Fixed inconsistencies between code and comments
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/0844084c13af...da1e6d5911f0
< jonatack> yes, this reviewer encountered that issue IIUC: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22250#issuecomment-861824184
< vasild> I am not sure either, but it just does not seem right if a user has bothered to setup I2P proxy and configure bitcoin core to use it and to have 0 i2p connections (same for tor)
< vasild> should we use the seeds to establish at least one I2P connection, makes sense if the user has bothered setting up an I2P/SAM proxy? Came from https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22250#discussion_r654480480
< vasild> so, is https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20234 ok? any concerns or comments needed?
< vasild> laanwj: "it's not possible to not bind a P2P port at all" -- https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20234 is not supposed to change this behavior which is - no, you can't specify "don't bind at all" using -bind=... if -bind is not given then we bind on 0.0.0.0, if -bind=foo is given then we bind on foo
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20234 | net: dont extra bind for Tor if binds are restricted by vasild · Pull Request #20234 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20234 | net: dont extra bind for Tor if binds are restricted by vasild · Pull Request #20234 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< vasild> and also I did not want to turn the bitcoin doc i2p.md into "how to install and configure i2p router", which obviously belongs to that i2p router docs
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #19281: test: fix dangling bitcoind in functional tests (master...test_terminate_gracefully) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19281
< vasild> laanwj: "~monthly segfaults" -- I hope you mean i2pd, not bitcoin core
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #22249: test: kill process group to avoid dangling processes when using `--failfast` (master...test_kill_process_group) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22249
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0844084 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#22249: test: kill process group to avoid dangling pr...
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 451b96f S3RK: test: kill process group to avoid dangling processes
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/da69d9965a11...0844084c13af
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22250 | doc: add basic I2P documentation by vasild · Pull Request #22250 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] glozow reopened pull request #22253: validation: distinguish between same tx and same-nonwitness-data tx in mempool (master...2021-06-same-txid-diff-wtxid) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22253
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] glozow closed pull request #22253: validation: distinguish between same tx and same-nonwitness-data tx in mempool (master...2021-06-same-txid-diff-wtxid) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22253
< michaelfolkson> amiti: My two cents. I don't think you could have done any more to ensure everyone was aware of the PR and I can see why you're frustrated. A Bitcoin Core PR review club, bringing it up in P2P meeting(s), bringing it up in Core dev meeting, mailing list post etc
< vasild> gleb: Your input on https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21528 would be very valuable.
< vasild> I said that "you *seem* to be unaware of previous" works because there are no comments from you on those discussion threads. I think it would have helped if you posted a comment on e.g. https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17194 "this (or similar) problem is addressed by other means in https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21528"
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #22277: test: Properly set BIP34 height in CreateNewBlock_validity unit test (master...2106-test34) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22277
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] SpicaLab opened pull request #22276: gui: update text to eliminate safety hazards (0.21...0.21) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22276
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #22142: build: split depends Qt into native and target builds (master...split_qt_again) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22142
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #21871: scripts: add checks for minimum required OS versions (master...new_tests_on_lief) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21871
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c972345 fanquake: scripts: check minimum required Windows version is set
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 29615ae fanquake: scripts: check minimum required macOS vesion is set
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 8732f7b fanquake: scripts: LIEF 0.11.5
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 5 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/ad0c8f356ee8...da69d9965a11
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #22238: build: improve detection of eBPF support (master...no_probes_darwin_for_now) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22238
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 8f7704d fanquake: build: improve detection of eBPF support
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master ad0c8f3 fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#22238: build: improve detection of eBPF support
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/5c2e2afe990a...ad0c8f356ee8
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21528 | [p2p] Reduce addr blackholes by amitiuttarwar · Pull Request #21528 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< amiti> “I wasn't aware of your work before yesterday. I think late concerns are normal annoyance in software development, not specific to Bitcoin Core or decentralized projects (I worked 10 years in Oracle, I know!). It is annoying, but being late does not make the concerns automatically less valid.“ - I’m not suggesting that being late means the concerns are invalid. I am asking how we can pause to reflect on the disconnect.
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Nishikoh closed pull request #18838: test: Check header hash in wait_for_getheaders (master...fix-wait_for_getheaders) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18838
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa opened pull request #22275: A few follow-ups for taproot signing (master...202106_taproot_sign_followup) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22275

2021-06-17

< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] amitiuttarwar closed pull request #22245: [p2p] Stop sending SENDADDRV2 message to block-relay-only peers (master...2021-06-sendaddrv2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22245
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] meshcollider merged pull request #21365: Basic Taproot signing support for descriptor wallets (master...202102_taproot_sign) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21365
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a91d532 Pieter Wuille: Add CKey::SignSchnorr function for BIP 340/341 signing
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e77a283 Pieter Wuille: Use HandleMissingData also in CheckSchnorrSignature
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] meshcollider pushed 13 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/8cb43077b370...5c2e2afe990a
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master dbb0ce9 Pieter Wuille: Add TaprootSpendData data structure, equivalent to script map for P2[W]SH
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #22271: fuzz: Assert roundtrip equality for `CPubKey` (master...202106-fuzz-assert-CPubKey-deser-roundtrip) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22271
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 8cb4307 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#22271: fuzz: Assert roundtrip equality for `CPubKey`...
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9550dff Sebastian Falbesoner: fuzz: Assert roundtrip equality for `CPubKey`
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/7b45c5e875ca...8cb43077b370
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #22274: This will be implemented into bitcoin core at one point, with or without you.. your choice. (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22274
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] steffanjensen opened pull request #22274: This will be implemented into bitcoin core at one point, with or without you.. your choice. (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22274
< schmidty> ariard: Im happy to help planning. Some light discussions with Advancing Bitcoin about piggybacking there. But dates getting moved.
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #22273: the banks and bitcon shills don't want this update (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22273
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke reopened pull request #22273: the banks and bitcon shills don't want this update (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22273
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa closed pull request #22273: the banks and bitcon shills don't want this update (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22273
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] steffanjensen opened pull request #22273: the banks and bitcon shills don't want this update (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22273
< core-meetingbot> topic: Bitcoin Core development discussion and commit log | Feel free to watch, but please take commentary and usage questions to #bitcoin | Channel logs: http://www.erisian.com.au/bitcoin-core-dev/, http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/ | Meeting topics http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt / http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedwalletmeetingtopics.txt
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #22272: Update transaction.cpp (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22272
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] steffanjensen opened pull request #22272: Update transaction.cpp (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22272
< jonatack> there is a bitcoin conference in biarritz, france (next to spain on the atlantic) end-august
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20234 | net: dont extra bind for Tor if binds are restricted by vasild · Pull Request #20234 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] dergoegge closed pull request #21706: log: Mitigate disk filling attacks by globally rate limiting LogPrintf(…) (master...g_log_ratelimiting) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21706
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22147 | p2p: Protect last outbound HB compact block peer by sdaftuar · Pull Request #22147 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< laanwj> hebasto: we need to get rid of these symbols uses somehow https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22244#issuecomment-860932169
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21454 | gitian: GLIBC_2.29 not found error at bitcoind startup on bionic · Issue #21454 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< laanwj> so there are still plenty of PRs that can be seen as a feature tagged for 22.0, many close to being mergable (just need a bit more review), https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/milestone/47
< laanwj> we've slipped the feature freeze but I think it would make to postpone it https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20851#issuecomment-863132781 , though not sure by how much
< laanwj> for the rest it might make sense to discuss things on the 0.22 milestone https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/milestone/47 (instead of high priority for review)
< laanwj> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: achow101 _aj_ amiti ariard BlueMatt cfields Chris_Stewart_5 darosior digi_james dongcarl elichai2 emilengler fanquake fjahr gleb glozow gmaxwell gwillen hebasto instagibbs jamesob jarolrod jb55 jeremyrubin jl2012 jnewbery jonasschnelli jonatack jtimon kallewoof kanzure kvaciral laanwj lightlike luke-jr maaku marcofalke meshcollider michagogo moneyball morcos
< core-meetingbot> Meeting started Thu Jun 17 19:00:47 2021 UTC. The chair is laanwj. Information about MeetBot at https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings.
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #20516: Well-defined CAddress disk serialization, and addrv2 anchors.dat (master...202011_disk_addr) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20516
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f8866e8 Pieter Wuille: Add roundtrip fuzz tests for CAddress serialization
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e2f0548 Pieter Wuille: Use addrv2 serialization in anchors.dat
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 8cd8f37 Pieter Wuille: Introduce well-defined CAddress disk serialization
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/922abe8ca382...7b45c5e875ca
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theStack opened pull request #22271: fuzz: Assert roundtrip equality for `CPubKey` (master...202106-fuzz-assert-CPubKey-deser-roundtrip) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22271
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22156 | Allow tr() import only when Taproot is active by achow101 · Pull Request #22156 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< roconnor> michaelfolkson: Surely Bitcoin Core can pay to any segwit address of any version? That's the whole point of having forward compatable addresses.
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #22268: fuzz: Add temporary debug assert for oss-fuzz issue (master...2106-fuzzAssert) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22268
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 922abe8 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#22268: fuzz: Add temporary debug assert for oss-fuzz...
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master faf1af5 MarcoFalke: fuzz: Add Temporary debug assert for oss-fuzz issue
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/6eafa81b32fd...922abe8ca382
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #22270: Add missing bitcoin-util help doc and tests (master...2106-utilTestDoc) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22270
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #22267: fuzz: Speed up crypto fuzz target (master...2106-fuzzSpeedCrypto) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22267
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6eafa81 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#22267: fuzz: Speed up crypto fuzz target
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa483e9 MarcoFalke: fuzz: Speed up crypto fuzz target
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/dd24567a243f...6eafa81b32fd
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #22268: fuzz: Add Temporary debug assert for oss-fuzz issue (master...2106-fuzzAssert) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22268
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #22267: fuzz: Speed up crypto fuzz target (master...2106-fuzzSpeedCrypto) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22267
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] endjkv opened pull request #22266: refactor: call GetBestBlock() before NewIterator() (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22266
< sipa> i believe that policy wouldn't affect any bitcoin core versions in the past or those with the proposed change
< vasild> you mean for the first "never send to anybody" -- I don't object the research, assume no such one exists now, but is it safe to assume that no such one would exist in the future? As for the second type - "Or send those messages occasionally" -- bitcoin core is such.
< sipa> i wrote a longer response with my thoughts here: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22245#issuecomment-862657075
< vasild> concern can be split in 2 sub-concerns: 1. these changes (extensions) to the protocol are done without a new BIP or modifying existent ones and 2. even if with BIP, on the technical level, I think assuming that if a node sends one of getaddr,addr,addrv2,sendaddrv2 then they participate in address relay is wrong, some examples: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21528#issuecomment-862312851
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22245 | [p2p] Stop sending SENDADDRV2 message to block-relay-only peers by amitiuttarwar · Pull Request #22245 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21528 | [p2p] Reduce addr blackholes by amitiuttarwar · Pull Request #21528 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< vasild> amiti: "In regards to the path forward for #21528 & #22245, it seems like the concerns are all focusing specifically on SENDADDRV2 and the wording of that specific bip" -- no, that's not the case. My biggest concern is changing the meaning of getaddr, addr, addrv2 (and sendaddrv2 if 22245 is considered). I explained that in https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22245#issuecomment-862539375. My
< vasild> amiti: "why are these approach concerns only being raised now?" I wasn't aware of your work before yesterday. I think late concerns are normal annoyance in software development, not specific to Bitcoin Core or decentralized projects (I worked 10 years in Oracle, I know!). In the same way you seem to be unaware of previous attempts to fix the black holdes problem and explicit signaling for address
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #22120: test: p2p_invalid_block: Check that a block rejected due to too-new tim… (master...qa_timetoonew_retry) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22120
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master dd24567 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#22120: test: p2p_invalid_block: Check that a block r...
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 754e802 Luke Dashjr: test: check rejected future block later accepted
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/d50302625e11...dd24567a243f
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e2c40a4 Carl Dong: guix-attest: Error out if SHA256SUMS is unexpected
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #22182: guix: Overhaul how guix-{attest,verify} works and hierarchy (master...2021-05-guix-attestation-overhaul) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22182
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 4cc35da Carl Dong: Rewrite guix-{attest,verify} for new hier
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 28a9c9b Carl Dong: Make SHA256SUMS fragment right after build
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/7c561bea5288...d50302625e11
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #21935: Enable external signer support by default, reduce #ifdef (master...2021/05/hww-qt-compile) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21935
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5be90c9 Sjors Provoost: build: enable external signer by default
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 7d94530 Sjors Provoost: refactor: clean up external_signer.h includes
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fc0eca3 Sjors Provoost: fuzz: fix fuzz binary linking order
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 7 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/65c4a36e57c5...7c561bea5288
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #22258: build: Disable deprecated-copy warning only when external warnings are enabled (master...2106-buildEnableWarnDeprecatedCopy) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22258
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 65c4a36 fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#22258: build: Disable deprecated-copy warning only w...
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1111457 MarcoFalke: build: Disable deprecated-copy warning only when external warnings are ena...
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/6bc1eca01b2f...65c4a36e57c5
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto closed pull request #22265: Update wallet.cpp (master...patch-2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22265
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] vechiv opened pull request #22265: Update wallet.cpp (master...patch-2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22265
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jamesob opened pull request #22263: refactor: wrap CCoinsViewCursor in unique_ptr (master...2021-06-cursor-unique-ptr) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22263

2021-06-16

< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto reopened pull request #19882: depends: Export variables from make to environment explicitly (master...200905-build) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19882
< michaelfolkson> hiii: #bitcoin
< michaelfolkson> hiii: "Bitcoin Core development discussion and commit log"
< hiii> Hi, is this the main bitcoin dev channel?
< amiti> so, if 21528 only used ADDR, ADDRV2, GETADDR to indicate "interest in addr relay", then bitcoin core nodes wouldn't initiate any of those to outbound block-relay-only connections. but nodes who have started up in blocks-only mode would initiate a GETADDR to their outbound peers.
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21528 | [p2p] Reduce addr blackholes by amitiuttarwar · Pull Request #21528 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22245 | [p2p] Stop sending SENDADDRV2 message to block-relay-only peers by amitiuttarwar · Pull Request #22245 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22245 | [p2p] Stop sending SENDADDRV2 message to block-relay-only peers by amitiuttarwar · Pull Request #22245 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21528 | [p2p] Reduce addr blackholes by amitiuttarwar · Pull Request #21528 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22245 | [p2p] Stop sending SENDADDRV2 message to block-relay-only peers by amitiuttarwar · Pull Request #22245 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21528 | [p2p] Reduce addr blackholes by amitiuttarwar · Pull Request #21528 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21528 | [p2p] Reduce addr blackholes by amitiuttarwar · Pull Request #21528 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< amiti> understanding was the biggest concern was about compatibility for other clients, so I wrote to the mailing list and researched / opened issues in every other bitcoin client I could find. I’ve additionally brought up these changes at a P2P meeting in early April and then again this week. I understand that time zones are hard and that not everyone can attend the meetings, but I’d hope the logs would be read and concerns to
< amiti> To review the context of this work: I opened #21528 almost 3 months ago, and soon after brought it up at the weekly bitcoin-core-dev meeting to seek approach feedback. A lot of the concerns that are now being voiced (should there be a separate flag, could we do redundant relay for blackholes rather than selective, what are the implications for other clients) have already been discussed in relation to these changes. My
< WS_black22> i got my old wallet.dat i need to imported to the new bitcoin core, how can i do this? i dont see the replasment of wallet.dat,
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] dongcarl closed pull request #20158: tree-wide: De-globalize ChainstateManager (master...2020-06-libbitcoinruntime) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20158
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jnewbery opened pull request #22261: [p2p/mempool] Two small fixes to node broadcast logic (master...2021-06-broadcast-fixes) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22261
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Sjors opened pull request #22260: Make bech32m the default, except where needed. Update GUI checkbox. (master...2021/06/bech32_gui) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22260
< jnewbery> laanwj: I'd suggest re-reading the irc meeting logs from when this was discussed, both in the main Bitcoin Core meeting, and in the p2p meeting. You commented in the first meeting in March, so you were aware that this was a proposal.
< vasild> hmm, actually laanwj is right that 21528 is not related to just bitcoin core - it changes the semantics of getaddr, addr, addrv2 and sendaddrv2. I guess that warrants a BIP.
< jnewbery> laanwj: this has been discussed in many venues already. It's been raised on the mailing list, discussed in bitcoin core irc and p2p irc meetings, amiti has even done a survey of every other common node implementation to make sure it doesn't break them: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21528#issuecomment-809906430
< laanwj> doesn't seem limited to bitcoin core
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21528 | [p2p] Reduce addr blackholes by amitiuttarwar · Pull Request #21528 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< jnewbery> a pre-bip155 bitcoin core node will send a getaddr, which implies that it wants to receive addresses
< vasild> anyway, if sendaddrv2 signalled preference to receive unrequested address messages, then bitcoin core-pre-bip155 do not want to receive unrequested address messages?
< vasild> But I think the bigger argument here is 22245+21528 and changing the semantic of sendaddrv2 in order to tweak address relay and attempt to fix the black holes problem. But would even that fix it? Some scenarios where it will not: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21528#issuecomment-862312851
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21528 | [p2p] Reduce addr blackholes by amitiuttarwar · Pull Request #21528 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22245 | [p2p] Stop sending SENDADDRV2 message to block-relay-only peers by amitiuttarwar · Pull Request #22245 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21528 | [p2p] Reduce addr blackholes by amitiuttarwar · Pull Request #21528 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< jnewbery> vasild: I don't think your 4 state analysis in https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22245#issuecomment-862279099 is quite right. When you say:
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21528 | [p2p] Reduce addr blackholes by amitiuttarwar · Pull Request #21528 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< laanwj> https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/pull/1134 clears it up for me
< vasild> I opened https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/pull/1134 to clarify BIP155
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #22258: build: Disable deprecated-copy warning only when external warnings are enabled (master...2106-buildEnableWarnDeprecatedCopy) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22258
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22245 | [p2p] Stop sending SENDADDRV2 message to block-relay-only peers by amitiuttarwar · Pull Request #22245 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto closed pull request #22240: build: Re-enable -Wdeprecated-copy (master...210614-revert) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22240
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21934 | RPC/blockchain: getblockchaininfo: Include versionbits signalling details during LOCKED_IN by luke-jr · Pull Request #21934 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #22144: Randomize message processing peer order (master...202106_rand_peers) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22144
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6bc1eca fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#22144: Randomize message processing peer order
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 79c02c8 Pieter Wuille: Randomize message processing peer order
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/eb63b1db2c4d...6bc1eca01b2f

2021-06-15

< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theStack opened pull request #22257: test: refactor: use `{From,To}Hex` helpers for msg (de)serialization from/to hex (master...202106-test-refactor-replace_manual_deser_with_fromtohex) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22257
< prayank> Can we merge this? https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21157 or if anyone has issues with the changes in PR feel free to comment
< core-meetingbot> topic: Bitcoin Core development discussion and commit log | Feel free to watch, but please take commentary and usage questions to #bitcoin | Channel logs: http://www.erisian.com.au/bitcoin-core-dev/, http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/ | Meeting topics http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt / http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedwalletmeetingtopics.txt
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21061 | [p2p] Introduce node rebroadcast module by amitiuttarwar · Pull Request #21061 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22245 | [p2p] Stop sending SENDADDRV2 message to block-relay-only peers by amitiuttarwar · Pull Request #22245 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22245 | [p2p] Stop sending SENDADDRV2 message to block-relay-only peers by amitiuttarwar · Pull Request #22245 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22245 | [p2p] Stop sending SENDADDRV2 message to block-relay-only peers by amitiuttarwar · Pull Request #22245 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21528 | [p2p] Reduce addr blackholes by amitiuttarwar · Pull Request #21528 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21527 | net_processing: lock clean up by ajtowns · Pull Request #21527 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15 | Option to specify external IP address · Issue #15 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< jnewbery_> Hi folks. We have two items on the agenda today: https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-devwiki/wiki/P2P-IRC-meetings#15-jun-2021
< jnewbery_> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: achow101 aj amiti ariard bluematt cfields Chris_Stewart_5 digi_james dongcarl elichai2 emilengler fanquake fjahr gleb glozow gmaxwell gwillen hebasto instagibbs jamesob jb55 jeremyrubin jl2012 jnewbery jonasschnelli jonatack jtimon kallewoof kanzure kvaciral lightlike luke-jr maaku marcofalke meshcollider michagogo moneyball morcos nehan NicolasDorier paveljanik
< core-meetingbot> Meeting started Tue Jun 15 21:00:16 2021 UTC. The chair is jnewbery_. Information about MeetBot at https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings.
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21935 | Enable external signer support by default, reduce #ifdef by Sjors · Pull Request #21935 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] luke-jr opened pull request #22255: [0.21] wallet: Do not iterate a directory if having an error while accessing it (0.21...listwalletdir_iterate_inf-0.19) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22255
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22254 | Boost::ASIO (used by Boost::Process) uses (falsely?) deprecated std::allocator · Issue #22254 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22147 | p2p: Protect last outbound HB compact block peer by sdaftuar · Pull Request #22147 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22144 | Randomize message processing peer order by sipa · Pull Request #22144 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22245 | [p2p] Stop sending SENDADDRV2 message to block-relay-only peers by amitiuttarwar · Pull Request #22245 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21528 | [p2p] Reduce addr blackholes by amitiuttarwar · Pull Request #21528 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22245 | [p2p] Stop sending SENDADDRV2 message to block-relay-only peers by amitiuttarwar · Pull Request #22245 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21528 | [p2p] Reduce addr blackholes by amitiuttarwar · Pull Request #21528 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< jnewbery_> As always, feel free to update your own priorities at https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-devwiki/wiki/P2P-Current-Priorities to let others know what you're working on
< jnewbery_> Hi folks. As a reminder, we have a p2p meeting scheduled for today in around 4 hours time. If you have any topics that you'd like to discuss, feel free to add them to the wiki page here: https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-devwiki/wiki/P2P-IRC-meetings
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #22251: [WIP] ci: Use cirrus isolation feature (master...2106-ciTest) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22251
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] glozow opened pull request #22253: [validation/mempool] distinguish between same tx and same nonwitness tx already in mempool (master...2021-06-same-txid-diff-wtxid) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22253
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] glozow opened pull request #22252: policy: Trim Packages when transaction with same txid exists in mempool (master...2021-06-mempool-matches) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22252
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #22251: [WIP] ci: Use cirrus isolation feature (master...2106-ciTest) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22251
< vasild> fanquake: wrt https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22250#issuecomment-861453715 maybe jonatack meant "can be merged _even_ after FF", i.e. can be merged before or after FF
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] vasild opened pull request #22250: doc: add basic I2P documentation (master...i2p_doc) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22250
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21365 | Basic Taproot signing support for descriptor wallets by sipa · Pull Request #21365 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22166 | Add support for inferring tr() descriptors by sipa · Pull Request #22166 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< glozow> could I ask for a rerun of this CI job please? https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21800/checks?check_run_id=2821522273
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] S3RK opened pull request #22249: test: kill process group to avoid dangling processes when using `--failfast` (master...test_kill_process_group) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22249
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #22241: MacOS Monterey(12.0 beta) support confirmed (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22241
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #22247: Switch Appveyor CI to VS2019 stable image (master...appveyor-image-stable) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22247
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master eb63b1d fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#22247: Switch Appveyor CI to VS2019 stable image
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master aab7fd0 Aaron Clauson: Switch Appveyor CI to VS2019 stable image
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/3f68f02db919...eb63b1db2c4d
< achow101> the gui also has "Help" > "About Bitcoin Core" which has a link to the license on opensource.org
< achow101> the license gets put in C:\Program Files\Bitcoin\COPYING.txt
< BlueMatt> Does the bitcoin core windows installer show you the software license?

2021-06-14

< hebasto> MarcoFalke: jonasschnelli: it seems changes in https://github.com/bitcoin-core/qa-assets on 2021-06-13 broke fuzz build on https://bitcoinbuilds.org
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e4c916a Luke Dashjr: Bugfix: GUI: Use a different shortcut for "1 d&ay" banning, due to conflic...
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 02b5263 Luke Dashjr: GUI: Restore keyboard shortcuts for context menu entries
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 94e7cdd Luke Dashjr: GUI: Add keyboard shortcuts for other context menus
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/3a2c84a6b514...3f68f02db919
< bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto merged pull request #362: Add keyboard shortcuts to context menus (master...kbshortcuts_context) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/362
< bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto opened pull request #365: Draw "eye" sign at the beginning of watch-only addresses (master...210614-tx) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/365
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipsorcery opened pull request #22247: Switch Appveyor CI to VS2019 stable image (master...appveyor-image-stable) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22247
< Alina-malina> there was a mindmap for bitcoin core source code
< jamesob> Alina-malina: that's a question for #bitcoin
< Alina-malina> guys do you remember the name of that program/protocol, that was right before bitcoin appeared in 2009? like it was something-brokers or something?
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] amitiuttarwar opened pull request #22245: [p2p] Stop sending SENDADDRV2 message to block-relay-only peers (master...2021-06-sendaddrv2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22245
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj opened pull request #22244: devtools: Correctly extract symbol versions in symbol-check (master...2021-06-pixie) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22244
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #22242: Move CBlockTreeDB to node/blockstorage (master...2106-blockstorage) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22242
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] mikkildlebl opened pull request #22241: MacOS Monterey(12.0 beta) support confirmed (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22241
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #22240: build: Re-enable -Wdeprecated-copy (master...210614-revert) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22240
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0670397 Hennadii Stepanov: Make CAddrMan::Check private
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #19238: refactor: Make CAddrMan::cs non-recursive (master...200610-addrman-mx) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19238
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master efc6fac Hennadii Stepanov: refactor: Avoid recursive locking in CAddrMan::size
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2da9554 Hennadii Stepanov: test: Drop excessive locking in CAddrManTest::SimConnFail
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 11 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/5c4f0c4d46f0...3a2c84a6b514
< bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto closed pull request #307: Make row color alternating in the Peers tab optional (master...210501-stripes) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/307
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/6103 | Add ZeroMQ notifications by promag · Pull Request #6103 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/5303 | Add ZMQ support. Report blocks and transactions via ZMQ. by jgarzik · Pull Request #5303 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/4594 | Adds publishing blocks and transactions over ZMQ by jmcorgan · Pull Request #4594 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #21261: p2p: update inbound eviction protection for multiple networks, add I2P peers (master...protect-i2p-peers-from-eviction) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21261
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 4a19f50 Jon Atack: test: add ALL_NETWORKS to test utilities
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 519e76b Jon Atack: test: speed up and simplify peer_eviction_test
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1cde800 Jon Atack: p2p, refactor: rm redundant erase_size calculation in SelectNodeToEvict()
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 18 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/de5512e28df2...5c4f0c4d46f0
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #22239: Bitcoin (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22239
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Andipandi111 opened pull request #22239: Bitcoin (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22239
< elichai2> pubhashtx, I took 20 because in the end I'm gathering some stats on transactions(for research purposes) and it's not too useful to me to get transactions in a big delay after the node gets them (I should've probably hacked my data gathering into bitcoin core), so I'd rather miss transactions than get them in delay
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21461 | fuzz: Make it possible to execute each file in a directory without fuzz engine · Issue #21461 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/12314 | Bech32 address generation in regtest does not have the prefix `tb` · Issue #12314 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #22238: build: improve detection of eBPF support (master...no_probes_darwin_for_now) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22238
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #22230: build: Fix MSVC linker /SubSystem option for bitcoin-qt.exe (master...210612-msvc) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22230
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master de5512e fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#22230: build: Fix MSVC linker /SubSystem option for ...