< sdaftuar> Anyone know how to interpret this CI failure: https://cirrus-ci.com/task/4642327564124160 ?
< fanquake> I seem to get a 404 for one of the logs, and the other doesn't download
< sdaftuar> i'm rerunning the job to try to get a passing CI suite for the related PR, but i can't tell if this is an error i should be opening an issue for so we can track, or if this is some known issue or what
< sdaftuar> (or maybe my pr is broken)
< sipa> this looks like it could just be the CI infrastructure machine failing or so
< fanquake> Maybe we'll be down to 1/3 CI's by the end of today
< sipa> obligatory xkcd 605 reference
< fanquake> up and to the right
< sipa> sdaftuar: seems ok now
< S3RK> Hello. Is there a command to list all descriptors imported into a wallet?
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Saibato opened pull request #20091: doc: reflect the current status of Tor support. (master...pr-351-doc) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20091
< hebasto> are we going to keep compatibility with WSL 1 ? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/compare-versions
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #20092: util: Do not use gArgs global in ArgsManager::GetHelpMessage (master...201006-gargs) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20092
< jnewbery> hi folks, it's an odd numbered week of the year, and it's a Tuesday, which means that there's a P2P meeting (in about 3 hours). No proposed topics yet. Feel free to update https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-devwiki/wiki/P2P-IRC-meetings#06-oct-2020 if you want to discuss something.
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/06 | Treat wallet as a generic keystore · Issue #6 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< fanquake> hebasto: what has changed that we'd need to worry about. I think we've already merged one compatibility related PR
< hebasto> fanquake: do you mean #18700 ?
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18700 | Fix locking on WSL using flock instead of fcntl by meshcollider · Pull Request #18700 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< fanquake> Yea that's probably what I was thinking of given the WS2 discussion at the end of the thread
< hebasto> the initial bug is fixed (or not applied to) in WSL 2 -- https://github.com/microsoft/WSL/issues/1927
< dr-orlovsky> Any plans to add pay-to-contract and sign-to-contract tweak information into PSBT key types?
< jnewbery> #startmeeting
< lightningbot> Meeting started Tue Oct 6 15:00:15 2020 UTC. The chair is jnewbery. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
< lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
< jnewbery> #bitcoin-core-dev P2P Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb moneyball kvaciral ariard digi_james
< hebasto> hi
< jnewbery> amiti fjahr jeremyrubin lightlike emilengler jonatack hebasto jb55 elichai2
< dhruvm> hi
< ariard> hi
< gleb> hi
< jnewbery> Hi folks. Welcome to the P2P party!
< nehan> hi
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/06 | Treat wallet as a generic keystore · Issue #6 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< luke-jr> party? where's the pizza?
< jnewbery> Couple of reminders/public announcements. 1. Feature freeze is in 9 (NINE) days: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18947
< sipa> hi
< jnewbery> 2. AJ has been maintaining a project board of p2p issues/PRs here: https://github.com/users/ajtowns/projects/1. It's a good overview of all the p2p activity in the repo.
< sdaftuar> hello
< amiti> hi
< jonatack> hi
< jnewbery> anyone have any topic suggestions? Anything they want to share?
< Murch> hello
< gleb> aj: the board looks great, I'll see if it helps my review process somehow :)
< nehan> is there a good way to extract hi priority for review for p2p?
< jonatack> pls test #19954
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19954 | tor: complete the TORv3 implementation by vasild · Pull Request #19954 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gleb> #19988 is probably the highest priority right now...
< vasild> hi
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19988 | Overhaul transaction request logic by sipa · Pull Request #19988 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< jnewbery> nehan: you mean the intersection of https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8 and P2P PRs?
< jonatack> gleb: agree, along with taproot and tor v3
< jnewbery> or were you speaking more generally?
< nehan> jnewbery: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8 doesn't have 19988 on it, for example, so i'm not sure i trust it for p2p
< hebasto> p2p roadmap?
< nehan> jnewbery: ignore me. I can't read :)
< jnewbery> nehan: I think it should! I've just added it
< jnewbery> I think general consensus is the high priority PRs right now are taproot, tx request overhaul and torv3. It'd be great if they could all land before feature freeze
< jnewbery> last call for suggested topics!
< jnewbery> great. short meetings are the best meetings. They leave more time for taproot review
< jonatack> ^
< jnewbery> #endmeeting
< lightningbot> Meeting ended Tue Oct 6 15:09:16 2020 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
< sipa> bye
< sdaftuar> ack
< achow101> ryanofsky: would you like to have a dicussion about wallet.dat vs wallet.sqlite?
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #20094: wallet, log, qa: Unify wallet directory lock error message (master...201006-name) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20094
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipsorcery opened pull request #20095: CI: Bump vcpkg commit ID to get new msys mirror list (master...vcpkg_commitid_bump) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20095
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/875e1ccc9fe0...d8cd7b137fb0
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c83155b Aaron Clauson: Bump vcpkg commit ID to get new msys mirror list
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master d8cd7b1 Pieter Wuille: Merge #20095: CI: Bump vcpkg commit ID to get new msys mirror list
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa merged pull request #20095: CI: Bump vcpkg commit ID to get new msys mirror list (master...vcpkg_commitid_bump) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20095
< hebasto> sipa: activate appveyor hook?
< hebasto> oh sorry, missed your comment in pr
< sipa> hebasto: already done
< sipa> if someone updates a PR without rebasing on master they may still see the issue, though
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa closed pull request #19988: Overhaul transaction request logic (master...202009_txrequest_rand_wtxid) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19988
< sipa> oops
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa reopened pull request #19988: Overhaul transaction request logic (master...202009_txrequest_rand_wtxid) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19988
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 opened pull request #20096: wallet: Remove WalletDatabase refcounting and enforce only one Batch access the database at a time (master...rm-bdb-refcount) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20096
< aj> sipa: should 20027 be mentioning 19988 in its description, rather than 19989?
< sipa> aj: of course!