< bitcoin-git> [gui] luke-jr opened pull request #368: Bugfix: GUI: When restoring table columns, still set their minimum column width and stretch on last section (master...bugfix_gui_restored_columns_stretch) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/368
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] S3RK opened pull request #22334: wallet: do not spam about non-existent spk managers (master...stop_non_existing_spkman_spam) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22334
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 7 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/7317e14a44c6...a196c89317dd
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa831e7 MarcoFalke: build_msvc: Add bitcoin-util.exe
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa30492 MarcoFalke: test: Add bitcoin-util tests
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa3c1ee MarcoFalke: Remove unused includes from bitcoin-util
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #22270: test: Add bitcoin-util tests (+refactors) (master...2106-utilTestDoc) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22270
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #22294: build: Perform boost::process detection with BOOST_CPPFLAGS (master...2021-06-boost-process-detection) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22294
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 6 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/a196c89317dd...bfa885898a5f
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 09dc073 Amiti Uttarwar: [test] Allow AddrReceiver to be used more generally
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e8c67ea Amiti Uttarwar: [test] Add functionality to AddrReceiver
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master ef2f149 Amiti Uttarwar: [test] Update GetAddrStore callers to use AddrReceiver
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/bfa885898a5f...c31161f4f79b
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2bf2116 fanquake: build: set minimum required Boost to 1.64.0
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master df2c933 fanquake: build: remove workaround for Boost and std::atomic
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 957f358 fanquake: build: remove check for Boost Process header
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #22320: build: set minimum required Boost to 1.64.0 (master...minimum_ubuntu_18_04) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22320
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #22306: [test] Improvements to p2p_addr_relay.py (master...2021-06-addr-tests) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22306
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 5 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/c31161f4f79b...d6a59166a187
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2ce7b47 Sebastian Falbesoner: test: introduce `tx_from_hex` helper for tx deserialization
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a79396f Sebastian Falbesoner: test: remove `ToHex` helper, use .serialize().hex() instead
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1914054 Sebastian Falbesoner: scripted-diff: test: rename `FromHex` to `from_hex`
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #22257: test: refactor: various (de)serialization helpers cleanups/improvements (master...202106-test-refactor-replace_manual_deser_with_fromtohex) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22257
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 5 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/d6a59166a187...e59ea87954fa
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master facd97a MarcoFalke: scripted-diff: Renames
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa1668b MarcoFalke: test: Run pep-8
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master faa211f MarcoFalke: test: Misc cleanup
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #22311: test: Add missing syncwithvalidationinterfacequeue in p2p_blockfilters (master...2106-testsyncwithvalidationinterfacequeue) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22311
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/e59ea87954fa...b7565c708dc1
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master cad487b Vasil Dimov: doc: add basic I2P documentation
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 78cdab1 Vasil Dimov: doc: sort entries in doc/README.md#Miscellaneous alphabetically
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b7565c7 W. J. van der Laan: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#22250: doc: add basic I2P documentation
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #22250: doc: add basic I2P documentation (master...i2p_doc) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22250
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 7 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/b7565c708dc1...0553d75268a9
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 177c15d Andrew Chow: Limit LegacyScriptPubKeyMan address types
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0262536 Andrew Chow: Add OutputType::BECH32M
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 699dfcd Andrew Chow: Opportunistically use bech32m change addresses if available
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #22154: Add OutputType::BECH32M and related wallet support for fetching bech32m addresses (master...outputtype-bech32m) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22154
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theStack opened pull request #22335: doc: recommend `--disable-external-signer` in OpenBSD build guide (master...202106-doc-openbsd_mention_missing_external_signer_support) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22335
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] kiminuo opened pull request #22336: [TESTBED][NO-MERGE][POC] Use std::filesystem. Remove Boost Filesystem & System (master...feature/use_std_filesystem_testbed) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22336
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/0553d75268a9...b2f5c38333fd
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa34cb8 MarcoFalke: cli: Avoid truncating -rpcwaittimeout
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b2f5c38 MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#22327: cli: Avoid truncating -rpcwaittimeout
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #22327: cli: Avoid truncating -rpcwaittimeout (master...2106-cliTrunkTime) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22327
< elichai2> Is there any way in one of the interfaces(RPC/ZMQ etc.) to get either the fee of a mempool tx or the inputs values? (it should be possible because all mempool txs have their input's utxos)
< darosior> elichai2: if you are sure it's in mempool then you can use 'getrawtransaction' without needing txindex
< darosior> Then you can 'gettxout' each input i guess
< andytoshi> MarcoFalke: just want to say thanks for https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/20560 ... i am merging (and build/test/fuzzing) all the 22.0 PRs from bitcoin into elements one-by-one, and the speedup building the fuzztests is *incredible*, i'm getting through PRs 25-30% faster
< sipa> not needing to link 200 binaries does save some time yes :p
< sipa> *150
< elichai2> belcher: ohh thanks! idk how I missed that :)
< GIANTWORLDKEEPER> anyone knows why ban on #bitcoin-core-dev at freenode?
< GIANTWORLDKEEPER> i was silently reading and got banned
< GIANTWORLDKEEPER> without explanations or rationales...
< GIANTWORLDKEEPER> by the ChanServ.
< sipa> we moved off freenode
< GIANTWORLDKEEPER> maybe a ban just to avoid splitting the community, who knows...
< GIANTWORLDKEEPER> so that simply everyone has/have been banned
< laanwj> the channel on freenode was taken over by the server admins there, no idea what they're doing to it, it's not us at least
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 opened pull request #22337: wallet: Use bilingual_str for errors (master...wallet-bilingualstr) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22337
< laanwj> #startmeeting
< core-meetingbot> Meeting started Thu Jun 24 19:01:17 2021 UTC. The chair is laanwj. Information about MeetBot at https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings.
< core-meetingbot> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
< jonasschnelli> hi
< jonatack> hi
< laanwj> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: achow101 _aj_ amiti ariard BlueMatt cfields Chris_Stewart_5 darosior digi_james dongcarl elichai2 emilengler fanquake fjahr gleb glozow gmaxwell gwillen hebasto instagibbs jamesob jarolrod jb55 jeremyrubin jl2012 jnewbery jonasschnelli jonatack jtimon kallewoof kanzure kvaciral laanwj lightlike luke-jr maaku marcofalke meshcollider michagogo moneyball morcos
< laanwj> nehan NicolasDorier paveljanik petertodd phantomcircuit promag provoostenator ryanofsky sdaftuar sipa vasild
< fjahr> hi
< achow101> hi
< michaelfolkson> hi
< _aj_> hi
< jarolrod> Hi
< ariard> hi
< dongcarl> hi
< sipa> hi
< laanwj> no proposed meeting topics for this week, any last minute ones?
< kvaciral[m]> hi
< ariard> # super quick coredev update
< laanwj> #topic 22.0 milestone
< core-meetingbot> topic: 22.0 milestone
< achow101> 0.20.2 and 0.21.2?
< laanwj> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/milestone/47 we're slowly but surely getting through 22.0-tagged PRs
< sipa> yay
< laanwj> #19438 is the largest (code impact wise) feature PR still in there
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19438 | Introduce deploymentstatus by ajtowns · Pull Request #19438 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< sipsorcery> hi
< laanwj> any bugfixes that need to go into 0.22 but aren't tagged yet?
< laanwj> or anything else to discuss wrt 0.22 review
< jonatack> review seems quiet this week. been working on the wallet ones tagged for 22.0, thought it's not code i'm deeply familiar with.
< laanwj> it's been a somewhat quiet week in general
< sipa> the list is shrinking for sure
< sipa> i'll try to review a few more
< Guest30> Hi!
< michaelfolkson> So a week until branch off. Probably a good week to do some reviewing :)
< michaelfolkson> July 1st
< Guest30> I'm new to this community and this meeting, what kind of topics are on the agenda for today?
< michaelfolkson> Guest30: I'll answer your questions afterwards
< Guest30> Thank you :)
< laanwj> michaelfolkson: i doubt that's the day we're going to branch off things have been delayed a bit
< michaelfolkson> Guest30: topic: 22.0 milestone mainly
< michaelfolkson> Oh right feature freeze slipped a few days
< laanwj> but yes it is a good week for some reviewing
< laanwj> nevertheless :)
< sipa> hey we're making progress
< jonatack> always is
< laanwj> #topic Super quick coredev update (ariard)
< core-meetingbot> topic: Super quick coredev update (ariard)
< ariard> hi
< ariard> so a 1st feedback after last week, end of august is likely going to be too short to orga
< ariard> october/november seem more realist, ideally around block 709632
< ariard> and list of countries so far: south france/switzerland/portugal/praha/med country
< michaelfolkson> I'm biased but Advancing Bitcoin might be a good candidate conference. Especially as it would want some Core devs to speak and is more technical
< laanwj> agree, oct/nov is more realistic
< achow101> michaelfolkson: when's that?
< ariard> michaelfolkson: yes though date has been not fixed yet, afaict
< sipa> where is advancing bitcoin?
< michaelfolkson> Either later this year or early next year
< michaelfolkson> I've contacted the organizer (Leon) and will hopefully hear back soon
< sipa> well hard to plan things without knowing a date
< michaelfolkson> Right, I'm chasing :)
< jonatack> after oct we may see renewed restrictions if it's anything like last year
< jonasschnelli> yes... probably
< jonasschnelli> winter / cold / flu season
< sipa> seems unlikely with the way vaccination is going in many places
< sipa> on the other hand, who the hell knows
< ariard> jonatack: that's a good point, thouhg if coredev is scheduled for nov, and restrictions happen beginning of oct
< jonasschnelli> I wound't set it mandatory to organise it around an existing conf. Sure. would be better. But IMO works also standalone
< ariard> we have enough time to work on fallback plan
< jonatack> my guess is there's a semi-sure window in sept/oct, after all bets are off
< ariard> one point to do it in standalone we can do it in nature (sea/mountain) instead of in a big city like london
< jonatack> ariard: provided there is nearby international airport with decent connections
< michaelfolkson> Yeah depends if you want a technical conference or not to organize around
< michaelfolkson> I guess could organize an adhoc conference in nature
< ariard> jonatack: yes international airport for sure!
< ariard> anyway, moving forward on this and if we hit renewed restrictions at autumn, i'll try to figure out a fallback plan (in the limit of possible)
< laanwj> thanks ariard
< michaelfolkson> You're the self volunteered organizer ariard :) I'll let you know if I hear anything re London
< ariard> michaelfolkson: thanks :)
< laanwj> #topic 0.20.2 and 0.21.2 (achow101)
< core-meetingbot> topic: 0.20.2 and 0.21.2 (achow101)
< achow101> we should make 0.20.2 and 0.21.2 at some point
< achow101> we already have 0.20.2rc2, I don't think anything has been added since?
< laanwj> i don't think so
< achow101> only change was updating signapple
< achow101> which I don't think needs another rc
< laanwj> nice, let's just tag 0.20.2 then, it's about time
< laanwj> longest release cycle ever i think :)
< achow101> 0.21.2 would also be nice. 0.21.1 might have gotten less adoption due to the lack of windows cert
< laanwj> and it would be good to get it out before 22.0 release, i think it's impossible to get anyone to care about it after that
< laanwj> what's left to do for 0.21.2? any backport PRs?
< achow101> one backport, one to be backported
< laanwj> #19362 isn't even merged into master yet
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19362 | rpc/blockchain: Reset scantxoutset progress before inferring descriptors by prusnak · Pull Request #19362 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< laanwj> looks like that could block it for a while
< laanwj> i'm actually confused about that one
< laanwj> looks like it has ACKs but isn't merged yet, but was just forgotten for a long time?
< achow101> laanwj: I think it was just forgotten. it's not that complicated
< laanwj> if so it would make sense to move the milestone to 22.0 instead
< laanwj> (and still backport when it's merged of course)
< achow101> sure
< laanwj> done
< laanwj> 0.20.2 does still need release notes before we can tag -final
< laanwj> current release notes on the 0.20 branch are for 0.20.1
< achow101> there's a single release note fragment
< laanwj> ah yes #20861
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20861 | BIP 350: Implement Bech32m and use it for v1+ segwit addresses by sipa · Pull Request #20861 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sanket1729 opened pull request #22338: Change MAX_OPCODE to OP_CHECKSIGADD (master...opcode_test) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22338
< laanwj> ok, so 0.20.2 final is basically ready, waiting for release notes (i'll do the authors and PR list), 0.21.2rc1 is waiting for a backport to be merged and a PR to be merged into master then backported
< laanwj> any other topics?
< laanwj> #endmeeting
< core-meetingbot> topic: Bitcoin Core development discussion and commit log | Feel free to watch, but please take commentary and usage questions to #bitcoin | Channel logs: http://www.erisian.com.au/bitcoin-core-dev/, http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/ | Meeting topics http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt / http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedwalletmeetingtopics.txt
< core-meetingbot> Meeting ended Thu Jun 24 19:35:10 2021 UTC.
< Guest30> Hi, I'm looking to contribute to this community and/or the bitcoin core codebase. What's the best way for me to get started? Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!
< michaelfolkson> Guest30: jonatack articles are great https://jonatack.github.io/articles
< michaelfolkson> They link to other people's resources too
< michaelfolkson> Bitcoin StackExchange, Bitcoin Core PR review club, Bitcoin Optech too.
< Guest30> Perfect thanks! I haven't seen the jonatack articles yet so I'll read through those first and get started