< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] meshcollider pushed 6 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/ad3a61c5f5c9...ccd85b57af60
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b59b450 Andrew Chow: have GenerateNewKey and DeriveNewChildKey take a CHDChain as an argument
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 45f2f6a Andrew Chow: Determine inactive HD seeds from key metadata and track them in LegacyScri...
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master c93082e Andrew Chow: Generate new keys for inactive seeds after marking used
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] meshcollider merged pull request #17681: wallet: Keep inactive seeds after sethdseed and derive keys from them as needed (master...keep-inactive-seeds) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17681
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] meshcollider pushed 5 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/ccd85b57af60...df303ceb6505
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 610030d Andrew Chow: docs: Add release notes for descriptor wallets
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b9073c8 Andrew Chow: rpc: createwallet warning that descriptor wallets are experimental
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 89b1ce1 Andrew Chow: Remove unimplemented SetCrypted from DescriptorScriptPubKeyMan
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] meshcollider merged pull request #18787: wallet: descriptor wallet release notes and cleanups (master...desc-wallet-followup) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18787
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 opened pull request #19046: Replace CWallet::Set* functions that use memonly with Add/Load variants (master...rm-load-memonly) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19046
< net|> https://github.com/tecan/EcoCoin/tree/master/qtCoin new screenshots i made a new theme editor you guys might like https://github.com/tecan/QT-ThemeEditor
< net|> also this https://github.com/tecan/qtBarcode has a nice detector for qrcodes
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] rajarshimaitra opened pull request #19048: test: changing signature of wait_until(). (master...fixing-waituntil) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19048
< fanquake> "what we're not going to do: include it all into the repository, or dynamic library based plugin mechanisms" <-- Also agree
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/df303ceb6505...b5c423c48e09
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master faf1c3c MarcoFalke: test: Replace TEST_PREVIOUS_RELEASES env var with test_framework option
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fad798b MarcoFalke: test: Default --previous-releases to false if dir is empty
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master b5c423c MarcoFalke: Merge #19014: test: Replace TEST_PREVIOUS_RELEASES env var with test_frame...
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #19014: test: Replace TEST_PREVIOUS_RELEASES env var with test_framework option (master...2005-testPrevReleases) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19014
< theStack> does anyone know why we tend to store hashes/tx-ids as integers within the functional test framework, rather thany bytes(trings)? i wouldn't know that an integer operation on a hash ever makes sense, and the reoccuring conversions via int(..., 16) are also annoying
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fjahr opened pull request #19050: doc: Add warning for rest interface limitation (master...rest_fd) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19050
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift opened pull request #19052: tests: Don't limit fuzzing inputs to 1 MB for afl-fuzz (now: ∞ ∀ fuzzers) (master...remove-afl-limit) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19052
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] theStack opened pull request #19053: refactor: replace CNode pointers by references within net_processing.{h,cpp} (master...20200522-refactor-use-cnode-references-within-net_processing) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19053
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] achow101 opened pull request #19054: wallet: Skip hdKeypath of 'm' when determining inactive hd seeds (master...inactive-seed-skip-m) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19054
< meshcollider> #startmeeting
< lightningbot> Meeting started Fri May 22 19:00:16 2020 UTC. The chair is meshcollider. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
< lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
< meshcollider> #bitcoin-core-dev Wallet Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb moneyball ariard digi_james amiti fjahr
< meshcollider> jeremyrubin emilengler jonatack hebasto jb55
< achow101> hi
< meshcollider> Topics? High priority changes since yesterday?
< jonatack> hi
< jnewbery> hi
< sipa> hi
< instagibbs> hi
< achow101> #18787 was merged yesterday, so replace that with #18918 on hi prio pls
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18787 | wallet: descriptor wallet release notes and cleanups by achow101 · Pull Request #18787 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18918 | wallet: Move salvagewallet into wallettool by achow101 · Pull Request #18918 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< instagibbs> mmm savagewallet
< jnewbery> thank you for justifying your entrance sipa
< meshcollider> achow101: done
< jonatack> meshcollider: #18594 should be RFM (or close), acks by jnewbery and promag (and several earlier ones) and review from luke-jr
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18594 | cli: display multiwallet balances in -getinfo by jonatack · Pull Request #18594 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< instagibbs> gwillen, I offered to taking on the offline signing PR if you don't have the time to champion it
< fjahr> hi
< jonatack> unsure if it's wallet territory
< meshcollider> jonatack: sounds good, I'll have a look after the meeting
< meshcollider> No topics?
< meshcollider> Short meeting then!
< achow101> very short
< jnewbery> short meetings are good meetings
< instagibbs> provoostenator_, any motion on hww signer stuff? what's next? Still debating boost?
< jonatack> fwiw i've been looking at some BDB issues with undesired writes on what should be read-only operations
< jonatack> and breaking when wallet file permissions are set to read-only
< jonatack> not sure yet if it's a fool's errand
< meshcollider> Sounds interesting at least
< jonatack> e.g. fixing the TODOs in toolwallet.py... might reach out to people for help
< meshcollider> achow101 might be interested because he's reworking the bdb code atm
< jonatack> his refactoring looks like it might make things easier. the minimum start to a solution involves setting different nflag values in BDB batch
< jonatack> but there are other issues
< achow101> I can certainly help with that
< achow101> although it feels a little weird to work on legacy wallets and bdb after we've basically decided to deprecate them
< instagibbs> legacy wallets aren't close ot deprecated yet :)
< meshcollider> We are still going to have them for a while :p
< instagibbs> i read your release notes!
< achow101> unfortunately
< jonatack> achow101: ty, will ping on irc if/when blocked :)
< meshcollider> Alright let's wrap it up for today :)
< meshcollider> #endmeeting
< lightningbot> Meeting ended Fri May 22 19:16:02 2020 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
< phantomcircuit> i've been looking at using the GCS filter indexes to improve rescan performance; i've gotten to the point of wanting to generate all the possible scriptPubKey's to make the search possible; sipa suggested i ask achow101 if putting them in mapScripts made sense
< phantomcircuit> i feel like you probably answered and i lost the scrollback
< achow101> phantomcircuit: that doesn't make sense as I don't think mapScripts is used to check bare scriptPubKeys
< instagibbs> didnt someone already implement that?
< phantomcircuit> instagibbs, it's currently doing the very old logic of just walking every transaction output in every block and calling IsMine
< sipa> phantomcircuit: i think you can just generate the set of all sPKs to watch for at rescan time?
< instagibbs> likely misremembering, carry on
< sipa> rather than modifying wallet data structures
< achow101> it's also not clear to me if generating all scriptPubKeys is possible
< sipa> achow101: it is
< phantomcircuit> sipa, the mapScripts is in memory entirely, some of it is from things saved to the wallet but not all
< sipa> phantomcircuit: i'm aware
< achow101> phantomcircuit: mapScripts is only used for p2sh
< sipa> but it still feels scary to modify it in an operation that shouldn't be modifying it
< phantomcircuit> for clarity i wasn't suggesting saving anything to the wallet database
< sipa> phantomcircuit: if you mean permanently, at all times, keep track of all sPKs to watch for... that's hard to make efficient
< jonatack> instagibbs: good question about provoostenator_... i see he updated #15382 today
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/15382 | util: add runCommandParseJSON by Sjors · Pull Request #15382 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< achow101> i agree with sipa, you can just generate it at rescan time
< sipa> due to recursion
< sipa> like you add a private key and suddenly a previously-imported P2SH-P2WSH multisig script becomes watched
< achow101> even if generating it each time takes a while, it'll still be faster than what we currently do for rescan
< sipa> it'd be seconds at most
< phantomcircuit> sipa, no i meant only adding them to the map when a rescan was requested, i could also create a new map or list or something that contains them all
< sipa> phantomcircuit: i think that's better (that also lets you optimize the datastructure better... say use an unordered_map or a GCSFilter or whatever)
< phantomcircuit> sipa, there's broadly two options for handling this, use the gcs filter indexes or generate a filter for all of the scriptPubKeys and walk the entire chain as we do now
< phantomcircuit> the main issue with walking the chain now is confirming the merkle root is correct everytime we load a block
< achow101> phantomcircuit: do both approaches require enumerating all scriptPubKeys?
< phantomcircuit> (or at least that's what it seems to be im not actually 100% sure, but it's definitely some use of sha256)
< sipa> achow101: yes
< phantomcircuit> achow101, yes they do
< sipa> phantomcircuit: loading blocks is slow; there is SHA256, but also just all the dynamic memory for all the transactions/inputs/outputs/scripts
< phantomcircuit> im really not sure which will be faster, but it *feels* like using the gcs filter index should be
< sipa> would be interesting to find out
< instagibbs> jonatack, ah yeah, that PR has boost::process :)
< phantomcircuit> well either way i need to generate all the scriptPubKeys, once that's done i can try both ways relatively easily
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fjahr opened pull request #19055: Calculate UTXO set hash using Muhash (master...csi-1-muhash) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19055
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #19056: rpc: Make gettxoutsetinfo/GetUTXOStats interruptible (master...2005-rpcInterrupt) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19056
< instagibbs> provoostenator_, fjahr meshcollider I'd like to point people's attention to trying to get #17331(and it's parent PR) merged sometime soon. It's a prereq for some more interesting fee bumping work I'd like to do
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17331 | Use effective values throughout coin selection by achow101 · Pull Request #17331 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< fjahr> instagibbs: sure, will take a look soon!
< jonatack> instagibbs: good show, looks like that PR dropped through the cracks. queuing it up for the coming week.
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/b5c423c48e09...fa3288cda125
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6a239e7 practicalswift: tests: Don't limit fuzzing inputs to 1 MB for afl-fuzz (now: ∞ ∀ fuzzers)
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa3288c MarcoFalke: Merge #19052: tests: Don't limit fuzzing inputs to 1 MB for afl-fuzz (now:...
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #19052: tests: Don't limit fuzzing inputs to 1 MB for afl-fuzz (now: ∞ ∀ fuzzers) (master...remove-afl-limit) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/19052