< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa opened pull request #12731: Support serialization as another type without casting (master...201803_astype) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12731
< jimpo> ryanofsky: I still haven't had a chance to update the unit tests on #11857 based on your feedback, so maybe hold off a few more days on taking another look. I'll post on the PR when that is done.
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/11857 | Build tx index in parallel with validation by jimpo · Pull Request #11857 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< jimpo> Thanks for your review!
< sipa> grr, it seems windows has a function called 'VarInt', conflicting with my introducing of a class with that name in #10785
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10785 | Serialization improvements by sipa · Pull Request #10785 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< jonasschnelli> sipa: can you comment here: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12653#issuecomment-374246044?
< luke-jr> sipa: maybe a reason to go back to the C* prefix?
< luke-jr> (Or start with a BC* prefix)
< sipa> luke-jr: a namespace would be better imho
< sipa> but a bit invasive
< luke-jr> maybe
< fanquake> eklitzke is running a reindex-chainstate the best way to test performance improvement in 12495?
< eklitzke> yes, that's what i would recommend
< fanquake> I'll spin something up now
< eklitzke> awesome
< fanquake> eklitze also, are you moving 12649 to the docs repo? Will ACK if you just link from the dev notes in /bitcoin
< eklitzke> yeah i'll update the issue
< fanquake> Cool, have to get them working.
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/8ee5c7b74717...e47682633817
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master d843db7 Jonas Schnelli: Qt: remove "new" button during receive-mode in addressbook
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e476826 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #12721: Qt: remove "new" button during receive-mode in addressbook...
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12721: Qt: remove "new" button during receive-mode in addressbook (master...2018/03/addr_new_btn) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12721
< wumpus> luke-jr: I think I can add those too, but not say, manage language teams
< wumpus> luke-jr: e.g. no access to https://www.transifex.com/bitcoin/teams/
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 4 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/e47682633817...55f490a79fc5
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master de04fde practicalswift: bitcoin-cli: Provide a better error message when bitcoind is not running...
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a2b2476 practicalswift: tests: Test connecting to a non-existing server
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 8b2ef27 practicalswift: tests: Test connecting with non-existing RPC cookie file
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #12652: bitcoin-cli: Provide a better error message when bitcoind is not running (master...bitcoin-cli-error-message-when-bitcoind-is-not-running) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12652
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 new commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/55f490a79fc5...4ba3d4f4393d
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 728667b John Newbery: scripted-diff: rename TestNode to TestP2PConn in tests...
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 4ba3d4f MarcoFalke: Merge #12728: [tests] rename TestNode to TestP2PConn in tests...
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke closed pull request #12728: [tests] rename TestNode to TestP2PConn in tests (master...rename_test_node) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12728
< luke-jr> wumpus: same here
< luke-jr> cfields: FYI, I suspect there is a problem with moc stuff and clean/rebuild; even with a full `make clean` (which shouldn't be needed), I often still end up with an obsolete src/qt/moc_paymentserver.cpp when switching between code that makes BIP70 optional and not
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] lutangar opened pull request #12736: [RPC][Refactoring] Meaningful error code when called with wrong number of arguments (master...error-code-for-param-number) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12736
< achow101> wumpus: are you an admin on transifex?
< achow101> for the bitcoin org
< wumpus> achow101: I can do things such as remove translations, add translations, remove resources, add resources, but not change teams...
< achow101> wumpus: hmm, then who's the admin?
< wumpus> kind of half-admin maybe, I don't know
< wumpus> seone
< achow101> looking at https://docs.transifex.com/teams/understanding-user-roles, your role is project maintainer, what we need is an admin or team manager
< wumpus> (no, I don't no who that is, never talked to them, they've had that since before I was in the project)
< achow101> wumpus: on https://www.transifex.com/bitcoin/teams/, do you see a button that says "manage collaborators"?
< Randolf> achow101: I thought it was a collaborated effort.
< achow101> Randolf: what do you mean?
< Randolf> achow101: You mentioned that there's a need for an admin or team manager.
< achow101> yeah, we need an admin or a team manager to give people enough permissions to do things with some of the translations
< achow101> at some point some translation strings become locked and only someone with enough permissions can unlock them
< Randolf> Do you need someone who can understand all the different languages?
< achow101> Randolf: no
< achow101> we need someone who responds to requests and has enough permissions
< achow101> wumpus: it looks like tcatm (https://github.com/tcatm) was the one who set up transifex. Maybe send him an email and see if he can do something about this?
< Randolf> I may be able to help.
< Randolf> Let me know if I can.
< achow101> Randolf: how so?
< Randolf> If you need someone to put time into the administration side of things and responding to requests. I'd need to know more about what needs to be done, but I could certainly put time into this every day.
< Randolf> I like Bitcoin, and if there's an area that needs someone to help I feel like I should.
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ryanofsky opened pull request #12737: Remove unnecessary NONNEGATIVE_SIGNED (master...pr/nosigned) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12737
< luke-jr> tcatm
< cfields> luke-jr: hmm
< cfields> luke-jr: can you describe the steps to reproduce?
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] pedrobranco opened pull request #12739: Fix unlocking of an already spent output (master...bugfix/fix-lockunspent-deadlock) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12739
< luke-jr> cfields: it happens on its own every other build I do, it seems; I guess check out and build various branches merged into the knots/tmp branch?
< luke-jr> (presumably at some point, it would help to build the optional-BIP70 branch)
< luke-jr> only reason I notice it is because the #ifdefs in the MOC stuff
< cfields> ok
< TheCharlatan> cfields I heard you are working on bringing the entire toolchain to depends. Is any of this public yet? I want to start working on this as well.
< cfields> TheCharlatan: I'm working on getting it ready to push public.
< cfields> luke-jr: I'm not sure how that's happening
< cfields> luke-jr: if your branch makes that file optional, it would make sense that it wouldn't clean it
< cfields> er, s/wouldn't/might not/, depending on config
< cfields> eklitzke: I swear I'm not always so pedantic about build changes, you're just in hasn't-been-touched-in-years-because-it-just-works territory :)
< eklitzke> "just works"
< eklitzke> these two changes have been a valuable lesson in how the separation between the preprocessor, compiler, and linker is more of an illusion than anything else
< sipa> haha
< luke-jr> cfields: the file isn't optional; the change is to config.h and #ifdefs