< warren> Sorry I've been busy in meetings all week and I forgot to communicate here too. The entire lists.linuxfoundation.org domain was moved to a new host at Oregon State University's Open Source Lab. They are well known for supporting Open Source for something like the past 20 years as a non-profit org. Unlike LF they are responsive and will maintain the mail server. It had a bounce glitch briefly a few days ago that was subsequently fixed. It
< warren> should be working now. Let me know if you see any problems.
< warren> Note: Delivery may be delayed at first due to "greylisting", look it up. It shouldn't happen more than once depending on your sending mail host.
< moneyball> Thank you warren for resolving this
< luke-jr> the old list didn't have greylisting? :o
< warren> luke-jr: it did, but it was also not well maintained AFAICT
< luke-jr> >_<
< warren> Sorry about the lack of warning in the server move. There was a comedy of errors, missed connections and poor communications that led to this. This partly my fault. An unexpectedly happy result though: the new host is proving to be super cooperative.
< aj> warren: osu osl has seemed pretty great from the second hand stuff i've seen of it
< warren> aj: this is a really good outcome, and convenient that none of the URL's or addresses change
< meshcollider> final review beg for #17290
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17290 | Enable BnB coin selection for preset inputs and subtract fee from outputs by achow101 . Pull Request #17290 . bitcoin/bitcoin . GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #17547: build: Fix configure report about qr (master...20191121-configure-qrencode) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17547
< jnewbery> wumpus: I think #14384 is ready for merge. ACKs from MarcoFalke, jonatack, jnewbery, ariard and jamesob
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/14384 | Fire TransactionRemovedFromMempool callbacks from mempool by l2a5b1 . Pull Request #14384 . bitcoin/bitcoin . GitHub
< instagibbs_> 4 code review acks for #17513 as well
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17513 | refactor, qt: Nuke some circular dependencies by hebasto . Pull Request #17513 . bitcoin/bitcoin . GitHub
< fanquake> instagibbs_ I'll take a look
< instagibbs_> achow101, memory is fuzzy, native segwit outputs, when imported as pubkey descriptors, isn't solveable?
< instagibbs_> I recall reading some PR/issue related to this, bumping into it I think
< instagibbs_> Nevermind that doesn't make sense, but remind me if there's something similar to that...
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/b7bc9b833009...5ff798c39b8a
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 402ee70 Hennadii Stepanov: refactor: Use proper MAX_SCRIPT_ELEMENT_SIZE const
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master cb9d830 Hennadii Stepanov: test: Use proper MAX_SCRIPT_ELEMENT_SIZE
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 5ff798c MarcoFalke: Merge #17439: refactor: Use proper MAX_SCRIPT_ELEMENT_SIZE constants consi...
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #17439: refactor: Use proper MAX_SCRIPT_ELEMENT_SIZE constants consistently (master...20191111-maxscriptelementsize-const) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17439
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/5ff798c39b8a...ae6943620ab3
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fac07f2 MarcoFalke: node: Add reference to mempool in NodeContext
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 8888ad0 MarcoFalke: test: Replace recursive lock with locking annotations
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa53881 MarcoFalke: scripted-diff: Replace ::mempool with m_node.mempool in tests
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #17407: node: Add reference to mempool in NodeContext (master...1911-txPoolOptional) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17407
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #17549: ci: misc cleanups (master...1911-ciCleanups) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17549
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #17202: Travis CI bug in macOS environment #17178 workaround (master...issue#17178) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17202
< emilengler> What does "WARNING! The following scripts are not being run: ['rpc_whitelist.py']. Check the test lists in test_runner.py." where can I actually add a test to the list of test? I have only found Makefile.test.include which only covers CPP tests but not python ones
< emilengler> Isn't placing it in he directory enough?
< fanquake> look in test/functional/test_runner.py
< instagibbs_> you don't want to blindly run every single python file in the directory, so no
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #17550: build: set minimum supported macOS to 10.12 (master...macOS_10_12_minimum) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17550
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] brakmic opened pull request #17551: test: added test for RPCConvertNamedValues in rpc_tests (master...expanding-test-coverage) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17551
< amiti> emilengler: did you take a look at `test_runner.py`? you'll want to add your test there. see https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/test/functional/test_runner.py#L76
< emilengler> amiti: Already done :)
< emilengler> Works now
< amiti> oh oops. the responses just loaded.
< amiti> cool
< emilengler> but still thanks for your help :)
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 6 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/ae6943620ab3...69a6f1ad1f7c
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 73b5505 Hennadii Stepanov: refactor: Move SendCoinsRecipient in own header
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 567cb44 Hennadii Stepanov: refactor: Nuke guiutil circular dependency
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 49c4211 Hennadii Stepanov: refactor: Nuke walletmodeltransaction circular dep
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #17513: refactor, qt: Nuke some circular dependencies (master...20191119-nuke-circular-dep) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17513
< instagibbs_> meeting in 10?
< wumpus> yes
< wumpus> #startmeeting
< lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Nov 21 18:59:26 2019 UTC. The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
< lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
< instagibbs_> hi
< sipa> hi
< wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb moneyball kvaciral ariard digi_james amiti fjahr
< jonatack> hi
< wumpus> jeremyrubin lightlike emilengler jonatack
< jonasschnelli> hi
< promag> hi
< achow101> hi
< ariard_> hi
< digi_james> Hi
< amiti> hi
< wumpus> does anyone have last-minute topics?
< jonasschnelli> Renewal of the Bitcoin Core Code Signing Apple Programm
< wumpus> #topic high priority for review
< wumpus> 8 blockers, 6 chasing concept ACK at https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8
< wumpus> anything to add/remove?
< wumpus> or ready for merge?
< sipa> can i have #10785? it's been open for a very long time, and i'd like to either get it in, or concept nacked :)
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/10785 | Serialization improvements by sipa . Pull Request #10785 . bitcoin/bitcoin . GitHub
< wumpus> sure!
< fanquake> hi
< wumpus> definiltely concept ACK on that one btw
< instagibbs_> no one has looked at 16944(on high prio list) except me for a while it looks like (beg hint)
< promag> #16944
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16944 | gui: create PSBT with watch-only wallet by Sjors . Pull Request #16944 . bitcoin/bitcoin . GitHub
< promag> instagibbs_: in my todo as requested by provoostenator
< wumpus> #topic Renewal of the Bitcoin Core Code Signing Apple Program (jonasschnelli)
< jonasschnelli> More an informal...
< jonasschnelli> The program expired... so we have the renew.
< wumpus> what do we need to do for that?
< jonasschnelli> Just pay... :)
< wumpus> ohh
< jonasschnelli> I can do that... no problem.
< jonasschnelli> We should just make sure that someone (in the long run) else than me is part of the association
< jonasschnelli> (bus factor)
< wumpus> yes, that would make sense
< BlueMatt> wasnt that cfields' job? :p
< wumpus> fanquake maybe? or cfields?
< fanquake> I could do
< fanquake> cfields is Windows atm.
< jonasschnelli> cfields has access AFAIK...
< jonasschnelli> but only for the technical side... not for the legal side (which is ultimately superior)
< wumpus> yes
< wumpus> would make sense if it's not just you
< wumpus> any other topics?
< jonasschnelli> Yes. I think... it's not urgent. Just some reminder
< wumpus> short meeting this time!
< wumpus> #endmeeting
< lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu Nov 21 19:12:27 2019 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
< jonatack> jonasschnelli: bitcoinbuilds is stuck for me 2 weeks in the past
< gwillen> provoostenator: are you around? I recently returned from sabbatical and want to sync up on the PSBT/watchonly/offline stuff
< jonasschnelli> jonatack: Oh. Thanks... I'll have a look.
< jonatack> jonasschnelli: great
< jonasschnelli> hmm... it's running... I guess it's the github hook
< instagibbs_> gwillen, couple more if you're interested https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17492
< instagibbs_> (based on sjors stuff)
< gwillen> thanks instagibbs_
< emilengler> Sorry missed the meeting was afk for some minutes :/
< wumpus> emilengler: I did add your name to the shout-out
< emilengler> Yes saw that, but I was afk at that time. I added Thursdays 8PM CET to my calender to don't miss them anymore!
< emilengler> I never participated at one so far sorry
< jonatack> jonasschnelli: afaik it's been a couple weeks behind for some time now
< kanzure> warren and i will have a mailing list update soon
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] instagibbs opened pull request #17553: Remove out of date comments for CalculateMaximumSignedTxSize (master...calc_max_size_comment) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17553
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] dspicher opened pull request #17555: test: add unit test for non-standard txs with wrong nVersion (master...isStandard-unittests) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17555
< luke-jr> jonasschnelli: I'm not sure the legal side matters in our case?
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ryanofsky opened pull request #17556: Change feature_config_args.py not to rely on strange regtest=0 behavior (master...pr/wdpy) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17556