< moneyball> kanzure: ty
< kanzure> yep
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Sjors opened pull request #18145: build: add Wreturn-type to Werror flags, check on more Travis machines (master...2020/return-type) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18145
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sanjaykdragon opened pull request #18146: refactor / optimizations: feebumper (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18146
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift opened pull request #18147: qt: Kill the locale dependency bug class by not allowing Qt to mess with LC_NUMERIC (master...kill-locale-dependency-bug-class) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18147
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sanjaykdragon closed pull request #18146: refactor / optimizations: feebumper (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18146
< meshcollider> Sorry for the late notice but I won't be able to make it to the wallet meeting in half an hour, so if anyone has something they want to talk about, could someone else please host it :)
< luke-jr> is it just me, or are our builds getting slower and slower?
< jonatack> wallet meeting?
< kanzure> only if someone else hosts it
< jonatack> #startmeeting
< lightningbot> Meeting started Fri Feb 14 19:04:03 2020 UTC. The chair is jonatack. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
< lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
< jonatack> achow101: ^
< kanzure> hi
< jonatack> idk if this is a holiday for people
< achow101> hi
< jonatack> topics?
< kanzure> /cowbell
< jonatack> achow101: said i'd review your stuff this week and did not
< jonatack> i should be able to go full time soon
< achow101> that's ok, a bunch of stuff changed
< jonatack> and do the review
< achow101> there are now 3 PRs before descriptor wallets
< jonatack> yep, i want to be reviewing that
< jonatack> (a) to learn and (b) help move these forward
< jonatack> achow101: #18034 is the first of the 3, yes?
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18034 | Get the OutputType for a descriptor by achow101 . Pull Request #18034 . bitcoin/bitcoin . GitHub
< achow101> that's one of them
< jonatack> any order you'd recommend
< achow101> #17577 then #18115
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17577 | refactor: deduplicate the message sign/verify code by vasild . Pull Request #17577 . bitcoin/bitcoin . GitHub
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18115 | wallet: Pass in transactions and messages for signing instead of exporting the private keys by achow101 . Pull Request #18115 . bitcoin/bitcoin . GitHub
< achow101> #18034 is independent of those
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18034 | Get the OutputType for a descriptor by achow101 . Pull Request #18034 . bitcoin/bitcoin . GitHub
< jonatack> ok
< jonatack> good to know
< jonatack> anything else?
< jonatack> #action review PRs
< jonatack> #endmeeting
< lightningbot> Meeting ended Fri Feb 14 19:12:27 2020 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] JeremyRubin opened pull request #18148: Update README.md (master...JeremyRubin-patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18148
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] vasild opened pull request #18149: build: change --enable-werror to enable -Werror (master...werror) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18149
< achow101> jeremyrubin: how did you create a new branch in bitcoin/bitcoin? I thought that was restricted?
< BlueMatt> achow101: iirc github has had persistent issues with the idea of "protecting" branches only applying after its created, so while you can protect "*" so that no one can push/delete/etc, you cannot stop people from creating branches
< BlueMatt> which is....ugh
< achow101> huh. I thought there was also a restriction on who could create branches too
< BlueMatt> iirc its one of those gh bugs that keeps coming back....
< sipa> i don't think they ever fixed this one
< achow101> clearly...
< achow101> is this just a permissions issue? IIRC we gave people "write" permission so they can do things to issues. but there's a more restricted "triage" permission now
< achow101> istm "write" can make new branches
< jeremyrubin> I want the minimum possible permissions so that I can just manage the mempool project
< jeremyrubin> Unfortunately that also imbues some other bits (did I create another new branch? or is this from last week)
< jeremyrubin> Ah dammit. Yeah before I had those permission bits various things in the UX would create on my fork, I guess now they go to bitcoin repo
< jeremyrubin> which is annoying as github made it seem like it was my fork (JeremyRubin-patch1) v.s. JeremyRubin/patch1?
< jeremyrubin> yeah it's particularly bad that someone with this bits could create a 0.20 or something branch
< jeremyrubin> At least the joke was good
< achow101> I can't tell if the "triage" permission lets you manage project boards
< achow101> I assume you have "write"?
< jeremyrubin> Not sure. I have noticed I have some other random bits -- like restart travis job which is useful
< jeremyrubin> And assign labels/reviewers which is good/helpful.
< jeremyrubin> Bad is that I can close other people's PRs
< jeremyrubin> I guess it's the issue managment team?
< achow101> I believe that team has "write" access
< achow101> maybe someone should change that to "triage" and see if it breaks anything
< jeremyrubin> ask wladimir
< jeremyrubin> wumpus: ^
< sipa> triage doesn't let you manage projects
< sipa> only issues
< wumpus> achow101: we tried that for a while but people complained (yes as sipa said)
< achow101> ah. that's a shame
< wumpus> in any case people with write access can't merge to any of the release branches and if you could, you'd not have one of the gpg keys that need to sign merge comits
< wumpus> still, yes, it would be nice if "triage" permission would be actually useful to us
< wumpus> it's completely pointless at the moment
< wumpus> imo "triage" should be able to edit project boards, maybe not add/remove projects
< wumpus> gh disagrees though :)
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #18148: Update README.md (master...JeremyRubin-patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18148
< fanquake> hopefully GH might be fixing some of this soon, so we can get some sane permissions put on the various teams