< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] meshcollider pushed 7 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/47b94a337e1a...4f802e59a044
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6ab3aad Sjors Provoost: [gui] send dialog: split on_sendButton_clicked
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 86e22d2 Sjors Provoost: [util] GetFileSize
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1d05a9d Sjors Provoost: Move DEFAULT_MAX_RAW_TX_FEE_RATE to node/transaction.h
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] meshcollider merged pull request #17509: gui: save and load PSBT (master...2019/11/gui-psbt-save) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17509
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] meshcollider pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/4f802e59a044...e890c15e2cc9
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fa60afc MarcoFalke: wallet: Add BlockUntilSyncedToCurrentChain to dumpwallet
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e890c15 Samuel Dobson: Merge #18671: wallet: Add BlockUntilSyncedToCurrentChain to dumpwallet
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] meshcollider merged pull request #18671: wallet: Add BlockUntilSyncedToCurrentChain to dumpwallet (master...2004-walletDumpChain) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18671
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #18748: [0.20] rc2 Backports (0.20...0_20_rc2_backports) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18748
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] vasild closed pull request #18149: build: add --enable-isystem and change --enable-werror to enable -Werror (master...werror) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18149
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/e890c15e2cc9...64139803f122
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9f5608c Danny Lee: test: check for matching object hashes in wait_for_getdata
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 6413980 MarcoFalke: Merge #18690: test: Check object hashes in wait_for_getdata
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #18690: test: Check object hashes in wait_for_getdata (master...wait-for-getdata) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18690
< * luke-jr> stabs github
< kinlo> https://www.githubstatus.com/ - they're working on it :)
< provoostenator> notifications
< provoostenator> The new Github notifications dashboard is terrible. Too much text clutter.
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Sjors closed pull request #15441: [doc] build: warn against spaces in working directory (master...2019/02/build_discourage_space) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/15441
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] Sjors closed pull request #12557: [WIP] 64 bit iOS device support (master...2018/02/depends-openssl-aarch64-apple-darwin1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/12557
< wumpus> provoostenator: the only thing i like is the image with the squirrel when it's empty
< wumpus> :)
< sipa> provoostenator: i use my mailbox as notification queue
< provoostenator> sipa: I turned off all email, but may have to reconsider that
< wumpus> same + heavy filtering on the mail
< jonasschnelli> me2... I also use mac's mail.app for coloring the email based on content
< kanzure> hey guys just send me all your email i'll read it for you
< midnight> reverse-transcribed email. i like it. what do you charge
< wumpus> #startmeeting
< lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Apr 23 19:01:10 2020 UTC. The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
< lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
< achow101> hi
< jonasschnelli> hi
< kanzure> hi
< midnight> hi
< wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb moneyball kvaciral ariard digi_james amiti fjahr
< wumpus> jeremyrubin lightlike emilengler jonatack hebasto jb55
< provoostenator> hi
< hebasto> hi
< meshcollider> hi
< jonatack> hi
< jkczyz> hi
< amiti> hi
< wumpus> no proposed topic for this week in http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt
< ariard> hi
< aj> hi
< wumpus> how is the state for rc1? were any critical issues reported?
< wumpus> (not that I know at least)
< wumpus> #topic High priority for review
< wumpus> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8 : 6 blockers, 1 bugfix, and 7 chasing concept ACK at the moment
< wumpus> anything to add/remove?
< emilengler> hi
< cfields> sounds like this might be a quick meeting :)
< wumpus> yes
< wumpus> no problem with me
< wumpus> no other last topics I suppose?
< fjahr> hi
< sipa> hi
< jonatack> rc1 has been working fine for me, running a node on it
< wumpus> jonatack: thanks for your feedback!
< provoostenator> rc1 running on linux, hasn't crashed :-)
< wumpus> hehe same, also tested it on linux fairly much
< wumpus> also a bit on FreeBSD
< wumpus> can't test macos nor windows though
< hebasto> on ARM 32 bit ok
< wumpus> btw: ubuntu 20.04 was released (haven't upgraded yet so no idea how things compile/work)
< wumpus> hebasto: good to know!
< hebasto> wumpus: #18419
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18419 | Ubuntu 20.04 LTS · Issue #18419 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< hebasto> and #18738
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18738 | build: Suppress Qt 5.12 warnings on Ubuntu Focal by hebasto · Pull Request #18738 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< cfields> hebasto: thanks!
< jonatack> running rc1 on debian 4.19 and macOS mojave 10.14.6 here
< wumpus> hebasto: good to know, thanks
< wumpus> "only minor GUI issues and warnings" sounds okay to me :)
< hebasto> that's it :)
< wumpus> well I guess that concludes the meeting for this week
< wumpus> thanks everyone
< wumpus> #endmeeting
< lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu Apr 23 19:16:00 2020 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
< emilengler> thanks for hosting^^
< cfields> I hope everyone's doing reasonably well and staying sane!
< achow101> what's sanity?
< cfields> I'm always around for a vent/rant. We all have those days :)
< jonatack> thanks cfields
< luke-jr> wumpus: I did see a merged PR that might need backporting, but I forget if it was important :x
< luke-jr> #18287
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18287 | depends: Patch libevent build to fix IPv6 -rpcbind on Windows by luke-jr · Pull Request #18287 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< luke-jr> hmm, I thought there was another one too
< luke-jr> wumpus: re Ubuntu Focal - no issues updating the PPA for 0.19 at least (though I did need to rework the qt4 stuff for older versions because Focal has no package at all)
< luke-jr> tfw your btrfs is so slow it takes this long to grep IRC logs
< luke-jr> I guess 18287 is the only one that stood out so far
< luke-jr> probably not a blocker
< wumpus> good to know, oh so qt4 is finally gone :)
< luke-jr> I suspect RHEL still has it
< luke-jr> but can't be bothered to check
< luke-jr> I still have it for KOrganizer and KAddressBook, but I'll probably be migrating to Qt3 for those :P
< luke-jr> (nowadays aka TQt)
< wumpus> I've tagged #18287 for backport to 0.20, seems it makes sense to include it (though it doesn't warrant 0.20.0rc2 in itself, and doesn't have any ACKs right now to be merged)
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/18287 | depends: Patch libevent build to fix IPv6 -rpcbind on Windows by luke-jr · Pull Request #18287 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< wumpus> lol did they still not upgrade those to qt5?
< luke-jr> they did, but they're absurd
< luke-jr> requires MySQL
< luke-jr> and WebEngine
< wumpus> fbreader stuck a long time with qt4 too, but i guess that must have changed
< wumpus> now that seems overkill for desktop applications
< luke-jr> I'm definitely not putting any javascript garbage on my workstation, so upgrading to KDE PIM 5 is out of the question for me
< luke-jr> even if it works (which it didn't last I tried it)
< midnight> Really appreciate the meeting brevity fwiw
< midnight> (: not for any personal reason, just appreciate such things in general and wish more in-person meetings I'm stuck with had half the awesome.
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] vasild opened pull request #18750: build: optionally skip external warnings (master...suppress_external_warnings) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18750
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #18751: doc: Explain why GetRandMicros must not be templated (master...2004-docGetRandMicros) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18751
< fanquake> I’ve seen at least one deadlock at shutdown, although not 100% if it’s in 0.20 because I was running master.
< sipa> amiti: say you have a "static int VeryRandom() { return 4; }" in a header file... that would not be an error, because it means that every translation unit with that header in it gets its *own* copy of VeryRandom (which doesn't get exported out of the translation unit)
< sipa> (outside of a class)
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #18752: test: Fix intermittent error in mempool_reorg (master...2004-qaMempoolReorg) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18752
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #18753: test: Fix intermittent failure in wallet_importmulti (master...2004-testFixInIm) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/18753