< laanwj> no, please don't introduce any new scripting languages for testing, python should be enough to do everything and is readily available for all platforms we care about
< laanwj> can't just require every reviewer/maintainer has to learn a new programming language so you don't have to learn python
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 5 commits to 0.21: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/4c29b63cfba3...bd2f4164c6be
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.21 c5357fa Andrew Poelstra: fuzz: add missing ECCVerifyHandle to base_encode_decode
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.21 70eac6f MarcoFalke: Fix crash when parsing command line with -noincludeconf=0
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.21 513613d MarcoFalke: Cleanup -includeconf error message
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #22366: [0.21] fuzz: add missing ECCVerifyHandle to base_encode_decode (0.21...backport_22279) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22366
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] luke-jr opened pull request #22417: util/system: Close non-std fds before execing slave processes (master...bpchild_closefds) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22417
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #22418: [WIIP] release: Remove gitian (master...remove_gitian) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22418
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 4 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/4129134e844f...d96861642200
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master a164cd3 Vasil Dimov: net: simplify CNetAddr::IsRoutable()
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master bdb6209 Vasil Dimov: fuzz: reduce possible networks check
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 00b875b Vasil Dimov: addrman: remove invalid addresses when unserializing
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #22179: Torv2 removal followups (master...torv2_removal_followup) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22179
< bitcoin-git> [gui] hebasto closed pull request #225: Fix PaymentServer::handleURIOrFile warning message (master...210224-server) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/225
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/d96861642200...df2b5dadfb2d
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master aa0a5bb Sebastian Falbesoner: test: add `bad-txns-prevout-null` test case to invalid_txs.py
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1f44958 Sebastian Falbesoner: test: add `bad-txns-prevout-null` test to mempool_accept.py
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master df2b5da MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#22408: test: add tests for `bad-txns-prevout-null` r...
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #22408: test: add tests for `bad-txns-prevout-null` reject reason (master...202107-test-add_test_for_bad-txns-prevout-null) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22408
< laanwj> #startmeeting
< core-meetingbot> Meeting started Thu Jul 8 19:00:22 2021 UTC. The chair is laanwj. Information about MeetBot at https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings.
< core-meetingbot> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
< hebasto> hi
< laanwj> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: achow101 _aj_ amiti ariard BlueMatt cfields Chris_Stewart_5 darosior digi_james dongcarl elichai2 emilengler fanquake fjahr gleb glozow gmaxwell gwillen hebasto instagibbs jamesob jarolrod jb55 jeremyrubin jl2012 jnewbery jonasschnelli jonatack jtimon kallewoof kanzure kvaciral laanwj lightlike luke-jr maaku marcofalke meshcollider michagogo moneyball morcos
< emzy> hi
< laanwj> nehan NicolasDorier paveljanik petertodd phantomcircuit promag provoostenator ryanofsky sdaftuar sipa vasild
< achow101> hi
< fjahr> hi
< jamesob> hi
< laanwj> one pre-proposed topic: should we keep both guix and gitian for 22.0 release (hebasto)
< ariard> hi
< meshcollider> hi
< laanwj> any last minute topics?
< kvaciral[m]> hi
< sipsorcery> hi
< laanwj> #topic 22.0 release
< core-meetingbot> topic: 22.0 release
< neha> hi
< laanwj> I think we're getting pretty close to the point where we can branch off 22.0
< michaelfolkson> hi
< hebasto> #20234 seems rtm
< laanwj> most of the remaining tagged PRs are almost ready for merge
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20234 | net: dont bind on if binds are restricted to Tor by vasild · Pull Request #20234 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< laanwj> some can use a little more review
< luke-jr> #22412 should be added to 22.0 blockers
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22412 | Bugfix: Workaround UniValue push_back(bool) limitation with push_back(UniValue(bool)) by luke-jr · Pull Request #22412 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< laanwj> that one's too controversial to add last minute to a release
< jonatack> hi
< luke-jr> laanwj: so what? 22.0 will just be broken?
< laanwj> opinions differ on that
< jonatack> i plan to test #22112 a bit further, and maybe update the hardcoded i2p seeds
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22112 | Force port 0 in I2P by vasild · Pull Request #22112 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< luke-jr> laanwj: fixing it has zero downside
< laanwj> jonatack: good point on the hardcoded seeds,they should use port 0 too?
< jonatack> that's done in the PR. but some seem less active and new ones have arrived since
< sipa> luke-jr: in what way is current master broken?
< laanwj> oh, right
< sipa> it's not clear to me if this is a code smell issue, or incorrect RPC output
< jonatack> (will re-verify, i know of 16 I2P ones now)
< luke-jr> sipa: incorrect RPC output, and test failure
< luke-jr> (incorrect output is only supposed to be used by tests)
< laanwj> I think dropping support for system unicode would make sense, the upstream is hardly updated and/or diverged too much to kep supporting it
< jamesob> *univalue :)
< sipa> oh this is only if you're using system univalue?
< laanwj> we subtree it anyway so I don't really see the point of the current construction
< laanwj> univalue yes
< luke-jr> laanwj: it makes no sense. we should not diverge at all
< luke-jr> the subtree should be dropped, ideally, but supporting using the system install is a bare minimum comptence
< laanwj> luke-jr: there is not much choice given how intermittently upstream is maintained
< luke-jr> laanwj: it's maintained when there's things to maintain
< sipa> 14 open pull requests, and no commits since 2019?
< laanwj> sipa: right
< luke-jr> sipa: it works. the only reason there's a problem is that Marco is intentionally diverging the subtree
< laanwj> #topic should we keep both guix and gitian for 22.0 release (hebasto)
< core-meetingbot> topic: should we keep both guix and gitian for 22.0 release (hebasto)
< hebasto> hi
< hebasto> it is expected that 22.0 release binaries will be built with guix
< hebasto> otoh, currently, gitian builds for linux do not pass glibc symbol check
< laanwj> I think we should delete the gitian stuff after doing a succesful gitian release
< laanwj> a succesful guix release
< laanwj> not before that
< hebasto> that means after rc1 or rc2?
< laanwj> it doesn't work 100% at the moment but it's easier to fix up in case there are unforseen problems with guix than bringing everything back
< laanwj> no, after final
< hebasto> in that case 22.0 release source code will contain broken gitian stuff
< laanwj> yes
< hebasto> if that is ok, let it be
< laanwj> I don't see a big problem with that
< hebasto> should we mention it in release notes?
< sipa> it doesn't affect the release
< laanwj> no, it's of no interest to end users
< luke-jr> it changes how end users verify binaries
< sipa> yes, that should be mentioned
< laanwj> that would make sense to mention then
< laanwj> any other topics?
< laanwj> #endmeeting
< core-meetingbot> topic: Bitcoin Core development discussion and commit log | Feel free to watch, but please take commentary and usage questions to #bitcoin | Channel logs: http://www.erisian.com.au/bitcoin-core-dev/, http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/ | Meeting topics http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt / http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedwalletmeetingtopics.txt
< core-meetingbot> Meeting ended Thu Jul 8 19:15:55 2021 UTC.
< ariard> could we add #21859 as high-prio, i think it builds now and should be ready for review :) ?
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21859 | Add minisketch subtree and integrate in build/test by sipa · Pull Request #21859 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< laanwj> sure
< bitcoin-git> [gui] ryanofsky opened pull request #379: Prompt to reset settings when settings.json cannot be read (master...pr/badset) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/379
< _aj_> achow101: btw, thanks for the pointer to 21500, solved my problem fine!
< jnewbery> laanwj: can we add #21800 to high priority? It's the next blocker in the package acceptance work
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21800 | mempool/validation: mempool ancestor/descendant limits for packages by glozow · Pull Request #21800 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< mtest> test (please disregard)