< bitcoin-git> [gui] vasq89cm2021 opened pull request #389: Create Christys llc (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/389
< bitcoin-git> [gui] fanquake closed pull request #389: Create Christys llc (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/389
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/4b1fb50def0d...be92dc587696
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master d7b7f61 h: Updated Readme, Corrected the codesign typo
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 198ceb8 jonatack: script, doc: guix touchups
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master be92dc5 fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#22538: doc: fix command typo in guix README
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #22538: doc: fix command typo in guix README (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22538
< luke-jr> Isn't it a bug to use `type` after m_type{std::move(type)}? (rpc/util.h RPCArg constructors)
< sipa> luke-jr: not necessarily
< luke-jr> std::move doesn't invalidate type?
< sipa> no
< sipa> it just casts to an rvalue reference
< sipa> what behavior that has depends on how it's used
< luke-jr> gmm
< luke-jr> hmm*
< sipa> where exactly does this happen?
< luke-jr> line 183 on master
< sipa> it looks like a red flag, but it's almost certainly fine in practice
< sipa> because type is const
< sipa> so a move constructor can at best invalidate mutable fields
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 6 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/be92dc587696...8f76f9f61334
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 33455c7 Andrew Chow: guix: Make all.SHA256SUMS rather than codesigned.SHA256SUMS
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 4a46638 Andrew Chow: guix: Allow changing the base manifest in guix-verify
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master d080c27 Andrew Chow: guix, doc: Add a note that codesigners need to rebuild after tagging
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #22531: guix: Fixes to guix-{attest,verify} (master...guix-fixes) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22531
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 4 commits to 0.21: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/bd2f4164c6be...997e528a3418
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.21 f220368 Hennadii Stepanov: qt: Do not use QClipboard::Selection on Windows and macOS.
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.21 6ca54ce Hennadii Stepanov: qt: Do not extend recent transaction width to address/label string
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.21 e3f1da4 Hennadii Stepanov: qt: Draw "eye" sign at the beginning of watch-only addresses
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #22427: [0.21] gui: Backports for 0.21.2 (0.21...210711-21.2-gui-backports) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22427
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #22578: [0.21] Backport #22122 to fix macOS CI issues (0.21...0_21_fix_macOS_ci) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22578
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipa opened pull request #22579: Add references for the generator/constant used in Bech32(m) (master...202107_bech32_doc) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22579
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/8f76f9f61334...24fb69dca4f7
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fbeb8c4 fanquake: test: add type annotations to util.get_rpc_proxy
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 24fb69d MarcoFalke: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#22139: test: add type annotations to util.get_rpc_pr...
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke merged pull request #22139: test: add type annotations to util.get_rpc_proxy (master...type_annotations_get_rpc_proxy) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22139
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #22580: [0.21] Backport: Reset scantxoutset progress before inferring descriptors (0.21...backport_19362) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22580
< jonatack> fanquake: we'd discussed updating the I2P hardcoded seeds just before -final, are we getting close?
< fanquake> jonatack: To 22.0-final? No not yet. rc1 was mostly dead in the water due to some Guix kinks.
< fanquake> We'll get an rc2 out soon after #22534 and then hopefully some people actually testing it.
<@gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/22534 | [22.x] rc2 backports by fanquake · Pull Request #22534 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< jonatack> fanquake: cool, thanks
< jnewbery> luke-jr: I think the fix is to remove the std::move from the initializer list for the type and fallback arguments. They're both enum classes and will have underlying fundamental types that don't have move semantics. The m_type{std::move(type)} just copies type into m_type
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/24fb69dca4f7...19434fa22aad
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master f8f772d Antoine Poinsot: macdeploy: alternative info to download the macOS SDK
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 19434fa fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#22516: macdeploy: alternative info to download the m...
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #22516: macdeploy: alternative info to download the macOS SDK (master...nit_guix_doc) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22516
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/19434fa22aad...d23570098cd1
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master e4c8bb6 Hennadii Stepanov: build: Fix undefined reference to __mulodi4
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master d235700 fanquake: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#21882: build: Fix undefined reference to __mulodi4
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #21882: build: Fix undefined reference to __mulodi4 (master...210507-fuzz32) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21882
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] ritickgoenka opened pull request #22582: test: a test to check descendant limits (master...test_descendant_limit_bushy) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22582
< laanwj> jonatack: i'm not sure updating anything prior to -final is a good idea; this means there is a code change (well, data structure change) that is not tested in a rc
< laanwj> jonatack: for the same reason we don't do a translations update after the last rc and before final
< laanwj> jonatack: the only exception are the release notes and potentially other documents not included in the code; so if we want to do another I2P hardcoded seeds update, we sould just do it in a rc
< luke-jr> possibly bumping the UniValue version requirement, assuming jgarzik gets his end done in time? :x
< jonatack> laanwj: thanks -- makes sense
< bitcoin-git> [gui] psancheti110 opened pull request #390: [WIP] Add SubFeeFromAmount to options (master...i386_0729) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/390
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] MarcoFalke opened pull request #22584: test: Add temporary sanitizer suppression implicit-signed-integer-truncation:netaddress.cpp (master...2107-testSupp) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22584
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] agroce opened pull request #22585: fuzz: add guide to fuzzing with Eclipser v1.x (master...patch-2) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22585
< laanwj> #startmeeting
< core-meetingbot> Meeting started Thu Jul 29 19:01:06 2021 UTC. The chair is laanwj. Information about MeetBot at https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings.
< core-meetingbot> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
< hebasto> hi
< laanwj> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: achow101 _aj_ amiti ariard BlueMatt cfields Chris_Stewart_5 darosior digi_james dongcarl elichai2 emilengler fanquake fjahr gleb glozow gmaxwell gwillen hebasto instagibbs jamesob jarolrod jb55 jeremyrubin jl2012 jnewbery jonasschnelli jonatack jtimon kallewoof kanzure kvaciral laanwj lightlike luke-jr maaku marcofalke meshcollider michagogo moneyball morcos
< laanwj> nehan NicolasDorier paveljanik petertodd phantomcircuit promag provoostenator ryanofsky sdaftuar sipa vasild
< gene> hi
< gleb> hi
< sipa> hi
< achow101> hi
< kanzure> hi
< kvaciral[m]> hi
< laanwj> welcome to the weekly bitcoin-core-dev meeting, no pre-proposed meetings for today
< jonatack> hi
< laanwj> topics*
< laanwj> any last minute topics?
< gleb> I have one
< ariard> hi
< ariard> quick coredev updates
< gleb> "Acceptable transaction relay latency"
< laanwj> 22.0rc1 ran into guix build problems, we'll be doing a rc2 soon
< laanwj> #topic High priority for review
< core-meetingbot> topic: High priority for review
< laanwj> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8 8 PRs currently tagged as blockers
< laanwj> is there anything to add, remove or that is (almost) ready for merge?
< laanwj> seems not!
< laanwj> then let's move to the next topic
< laanwj> #topic Acceptable transaction relay latency (gleb)
< core-meetingbot> topic: Acceptable transaction relay latency (gleb)
< sipa> gleb: ?
< gleb> Yeah so after a slight protocol update to Erlay we discussed here at some point, it becomes apparent how sacrificing some latency allows to save bandwidth. The trade-off is somewhat non-trivial...
< gleb> My estimates show a transaction takes 4-5 seconds to relay across 95% of the nodes
< sipa> right now?
< gleb> Yes
< gleb> What if we increased it to 10 seconds? How we should even think about these numbers
< sipa> is that a measurement of the network, or something you conclude from simulating something like the current network?
< gleb> For a good reason, of course.
< gleb> simulating, but also I saw someone confirming this independently from me.
< sipa> i think that anything that is "small" compared to the interblock time is fine, but perhaps this is more something to discuss on the ML?
< gleb> sipa: hm, good point, maybe ML or slow-communication github issue is a better venue.
< gleb> Also, I hear your point about interblock time.
< gleb> For now just getting quick feedback.
< gleb> Okay, I guess no other opinions for now :) Let's move on then.
< sipa> can also be discussed on the PR i guess
< gleb> It becomes unreadable :(
< sipa> yeah...
< gleb> I already feel somewhat bad for having 100 resolved comments there
< jonatack> maybe a dedicated issue
< laanwj> right just make a new issue
< gleb> yeah gonna do that.
< laanwj> github's lack of a threading structure makes that necessary
< laanwj> #topic Coredev updates (ariard)
< core-meetingbot> topic: Coredev updates (ariard)
< ariard> hi
< ariard> so restrictions in france aren't improving, we're discussing with others orgas to move in another country
< ariard> top candidate for now is switzerland
< ariard> dates will stay the same
< ariard> they do have a nice tool to check the conditions of entries here, like which vaccins are accepted, which countries :https://travelcheck.admin.ch/home
< jonatack> restrictions certainly are a moving target
< jarolrod> iceland?
< jarolrod> although i believe they have restrictions against eastern block countries
< ariard> jarolrod: note, there is a visa issue, we do have attendees coming from asia/non-first class countries
< ariard> switzerland is okay for uk/usa/eu, i'm still checking for the other cases
< ariard> and the good thing it will be easier to accesss for our american friends :)
< jarolrod> ah yes. Very complicated. Thank you to those coordinating and doing the work :)
< ariard> so we'll take a decision before august 23rd (or 3 meeting from now)
< jonatack> (i recently recalled that i know the owner of an amazing chateau here and it would have been pretty amazing to do it there...maybe next time)
< ariard> meanwhile, gonna send a mail for topics collection/signal group in the coming weeks
< ariard> stats levels, we do have 33 yes so far, and sponsoring for travel subsidies should be okay
< ariard> voila, if you have nay question feel free to reach jonatack or schmidty or me, staying available
< ariard> *any
< jarolrod> thanks for the update!
< laanwj> yes, thanks for the update, and for sticking with it, it's definitely not easy this time
< sipa> one day we will meet again! in person!
< laanwj> yess
< laanwj> any other topics for today?
< laanwj> #endmeeting
< core-meetingbot> topic: Bitcoin Core development discussion and commit log | Feel free to watch, but please take commentary and usage questions to #bitcoin | Channel logs: http://www.erisian.com.au/bitcoin-core-dev/, http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/ | Meeting topics http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt / http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedwalletmeetingtopics.txt
< core-meetingbot> Meeting ended Thu Jul 29 19:23:03 2021 UTC.
< laanwj> hebasto: yes
< laanwj> hebasto: they just deleted the entire german translation?!?
< hebasto> all translated strings are English now
< hebasto> so, effectively, translation removed
< laanwj> we can just upload back the previous file right
< laanwj> and kick that person out (i guess)
< laanwj> it would be good to have review teams for more languages to prevent this kind of nonsense from happening
< hebasto> in repo we have a TS file, and it should be an XLIFF to upload
< hebasto> have you any contacts to German translation ppl?
< laanwj> don't tell me the download script deletes the xliff source data
< hebasto> it does
< laanwj> no, i don't, i don't have contact with any of the translators
< laanwj> is it possible to convert the ts back to xliff
< hebasto> yes, I'll try to sort it out
< laanwj> it's too bad that transifex itself doesn't have a revert feature
< laanwj> we can't be the only project having to cope with vandalism
< hebasto> could it be a fatal error of newbie translator?
< laanwj> i guess
< laanwj> they do make it really easy to mess things up
< laanwj> e.g. everyone can upload a whole new translation file, not just admins
< laanwj> too trustful for this world
< hebasto> I thought it is a configurable feature, no?
< laanwj> I don't think so (but maybe that changed)
< bitcoin-git> [gui] ShaMan239 opened pull request #391: qt: Add cancel button to configuration options popup (master...cancel-conf) https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pull/391
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jonatack opened pull request #22586: p2p, refactor: fix ubsan implicit conversion error in CSubNet::ToString() (master...fix-netaddress-implicit-signed-integer-truncation) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/22586