< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] jarolrod opened pull request #21988: doc: note that brew installed qt is not supported (master...qt6-note) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21988
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #21791: doc: note that brew install qt6 is not supported (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21791
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] kiminuo opened pull request #21989: Feature/2021 05 coinbase mature in functional tests (master...feature/2021-05-COINBASE_MATURE-in-functional-tests) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21989
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #21920: build: improve macro for testing -latomic requirement (master...2105-buildAtomicLink) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21920
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #21991: build: libevent 2.1.12-stable (master...libevent_2_1_12) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21991
< promag> fanquake: any idea why min libevent is 2.0.21?
< hebasto> promag: #18676
< wumpus> libevent's release process is somewhat strange, which means some distributions are even now (well, at least last year) still using a version from 2012
< wumpus> i guess it's good in a sense, it's stable and so few critical bugs are found in it that it doesn't ever *require* an upodate
< wumpus> very little (especially network-facing) software that can be said about
< midnight> procmail syndrome
< wumpus> sigh another one https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21985#pullrequestreview-662049809 what's it with these people that use the github commenting system to inject random 'ok' etc i just don't see the point
< wumpus> except that it's undeletable due to being a 'review'
< wumpus> is there anyone giving out medals for commenting on bitcoin PRs or something…
< michaelfolkson> wumpus: A warning and then a ban if they do it again?
< michaelfolkson> Does seem to be happening with greater regularity
< sipa> michaelfolkson: we're already banning repeat offenders, but it's always new accounts
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] amadeuszpawlik opened pull request #21992: Feefilter cleanups (master...refactor_21545) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21992
< michaelfolkson> sipa: So there isn't really anything else to do? Only friction you could possibly do is to make it read only be default for new contributors and need them to request write access for comments
< michaelfolkson> Obviously with a *very* low bar for granting those requests
< copumpkin> I don't think github supports that access model
< michaelfolkson> copumpkin: Yeah it appears you're right. Plus would add work of needing to grant write access which is probably more than just banning the spammers
< jnewbery> bot that autodeletes any review comment that doesn't hash to ten leading zeroes
< sipa> jnewbery: the problem is that reviews can't be deleted, not even by maintainers, much less by bots
< wumpus> proof-of-review-work
< jonatack> gamified points can't be deleted, huh
< luke-jr> wumpus: maybe like that university that intentionally tried to sabotage Linux?
< luke-jr> "Users that have recently created their account will be unable to interact with the repository."
< wumpus> luke-jr: that was much worse, they tried to intentionally get broken code merged, this is fairly harmless, just annoying and pointless
< luke-jr> but I don't think that has a way to whitelist people
< luke-jr> wumpus: well, if they were a little less incompetent, people might think they were actually reviewing
< wumpus> right, true
< promag> hebasto: so we need to wait for xenial eol?
< hebasto> promag: it was a reason in that time, not now
< wumpus> promag: why? do you want to bump the minimum libevent version?
< promag> would love
< wumpus> is there anything you specifically need from the newer version?
< promag> #19420
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/19420 | http: Track active requests and wait for last to finish by promag · Pull Request #19420 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< hebasto> btw, the standard support for xenial has ended o April
< wumpus> i wish they merged my hack to be able to pass in a file descriptor for UNIX sockets
< wumpus> promag: that needs a newer version? good to know
< promag> we just need to bump min libevent
< promag> we already use 2.1 in depends
< wumpus> until then you could make it conditional on the version
< wumpus> using a newer version in depends is easy, bumping the minimum is not
< promag> meh I prefer to wait tbh
< sipa> wumpus: did you see that suggestion to do json-rpc over unix sockets without http?
< promag> we don't have to update depends
< wumpus> sipa: no?
< wumpus> sipa: could work, though i'm slightly skeptical of using a different protocol because of different transport layer
< sipa> wumpus: i don't know where i saw it, it was some random issue or PR comment
< sipa> it's indeed very hacky... but also no reason why it couldn't work i think
< wumpus> but that's basically c-lightning's protocol , from what i remember
< sipa> or rather, it's ugly to use a separate protocol there
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/741749a6159e...1da36b49ab63
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 88bdc4d Hennadii Stepanov: build: Silent lupdate "unknown namespace/class" warnings
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 1da36b4 W. J. van der Laan: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#21983: build: Silence lupdate "unknown namespace/cla...
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #21983: build: Silence lupdate "unknown namespace/class" warnings (master...210517-lupdate) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21983
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/1da36b49ab63...2fa3f30050f2
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 33b0b26 Raul Siles: doc: note that brew installed qt is not supported
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2fa3f30 W. J. van der Laan: Merge bitcoin/bitcoin#21988: doc: note that brew installed qt is not suppo...
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #21988: doc: note that brew installed qt is not supported (master...qt6-note) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21988
< hebasto> Transifex translations for 22 will open in two weeks (2021-06-01); begging for review "Translation"-labeled prs https://github.com/bitcoin-core/gui/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+label%3ATranslations
< jnewbery> Hi folks. We have our fortnightly p2p meeting in 10 minutes. Feel free to add any suggested topics to https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-devwiki/wiki/P2P-IRC-meetings and update your priorities at https://github.com/bitcoin-core/bitcoin-devwiki/wiki/P2P-Current-Priorities.
< jnewbery> #startmeeting
< core-meetingbot> Meeting started Tue May 18 21:00:08 2021 UTC. The chair is jnewbery. Information about MeetBot at https://bitcoin.jonasschnelli.ch/ircmeetings.
< core-meetingbot> Available commands: action commands idea info link nick
< jnewbery> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: achow101 aj amiti ariard bluematt cfields Chris_Stewart_5 digi_james dongcarl elichai2 emilengler fanquake fjahr gleb glozow gmaxwell gwillen hebasto instagibbs jamesob jb55 jeremyrubin jl2012 jnewbery jonasschnelli jonatack jtimon kallewoof kanzure kvaciral lightlike luke-jr maaku marcofalke meshcollider michagogo moneyball morcos nehan NicolasDorier paveljanik
< jnewbery> petertodd phantomcircuit promag provoostenator ryanofsky sdaftuar sipa vasild wumpus
< michaelfolkson> hi
< BlueMatt> #proposedtopic moving to OFTC
< ariard> hi
< jnewbery> BlueMatt: is that a proposed topic for the general meeting on Thursday or for the p2p meeting now?
< sipa> hi
< jb55> hͪiͥ
< BlueMatt> jnewbery: oh, i guess general.
< jnewbery> BlueMatt: +1
< jnewbery> There aren't any proposed meeting topics for the p2p meeting right now. So we could either have a very short meeting, or if anyone wants to share what they're working on, please go ahead.
< michaelfolkson> Are the current priorities up to date?
< michaelfolkson> Individual priorities
< michaelfolkson> Seems not
< ariard> mostly erlay/#20833 and followups as my priorities
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/20833 | rpc/validation: enable packages through testmempoolaccept by glozow · Pull Request #20833 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< michaelfolkson> AJ updated his
< sipa> #21859 should be ready for review, so that should open the door for rebasing erlay to get it in a CI-testable state
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21859 | Add minisketch subtree and integrate in build/test by sipa · Pull Request #21859 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< ariard> yes on my todo :)
< jnewbery> sipa: \o/
< jnewbery> I'd love to see some more progress on #21527 since it unblocks a lot of my work in net_processing. If anyone has any spare review cycles, perhaps take a look at it.
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/21527 | net_processing: lock clean up by ajtowns · Pull Request #21527 · bitcoin/bitcoin · GitHub
< jnewbery> ok, short meeting it is. Thanks all!
< jnewbery> #endmeeting
< core-meetingbot> topic: Bitcoin Core development discussion and commit log | Feel free to watch, but please take commentary and usage questions to #bitcoin | Channel logs: http://www.erisian.com.au/bitcoin-core-dev/, http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/ | Meeting topics http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedmeetingtopics.txt / http://gnusha.org/bitcoin-core-dev/proposedwalletmeetingtopics.txt
< core-meetingbot> Meeting ended Tue May 18 21:06:52 2021 UTC.
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift closed pull request #21964: Document that `ser_float_to_uint32` is not the inverse of `ser_uint32_to_float` (master...document-serialization-gotcha) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/21964