< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #17988: [0.19] Final backports for 0.19.1 (0.19...0-19-1-final-backports) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17988
< fanquake> If anyone has backport suggestions other than what is left tagged, https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/labels/Needs%20backport%20%280.19%29, please comment etc
< fanquake> Going to backport #17980 as well so that AppVeyor works for 0.19.
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17980 | test: add missing #include to fix compiler errors by kallewoof . Pull Request #17980 . bitcoin/bitcoin . GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to 0.18: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/a05d14d4a00e...8b67698420e2
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.18 c89611e Wladimir J. van der Laan: net: Log to net category for exceptions in ProcessMessages
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.18 8b67698 fanquake: Merge #17974: [0.18] net: Log to net category for exceptions in ProcessMes...
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #17974: [0.18] net: Log to net category for exceptions in ProcessMessages (0.18...bp18_network_exceptions) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17974
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #17964: doc: Improve contibutor doc formatting and readability (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17964
< xabbix> Hi everyone. While syncing a new node, the message received in the rawtx subscription in ZMQ does not contain any identification for the block that the tx is included in. Why is that? Is it possible to include it in some way? (running with txindex=1)
< wumpus> I think it's because rawtx is *generally* meant for network transactions, not block transactions
< wumpus> IIRC transaction notification is even disabled during initial sync because there otherwise would be too many of them
< xabbix> wumpus Thanks. Looking for the most efficient way of syncing an external source with JSON data regarding transactions from block 0 to last. Any recommendations?
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] practicalswift opened pull request #17989: tests: Add fuzzing harness for ProcessMessage(...). Enables high-level fuzzing of the P2P layer. (master...fuzzers-net-process_message) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17989
< wumpus> xabbix: probably the most efficient way is to request the blocks through the REST interface, in binary format is most efficient (IIRC they will be loaded from disk and sent out in raw without intermediate server-side decoding), but if you prefer it in JSON format that's a possibility too
< wumpus> another way to get all the block data is the approach used in contrib/linearize/*.py, it requests only the block headers from the server then, using direct access to the block files, finds the blocks; I'm not sure if I can really recommend that, because there isn't really a guarantee that the format won't change at some point, but it can be really efficient
< xabbix> wumpus Thanks for all the help, I'll look into both approaches
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] sipsorcery opened pull request #17991: Add vcpkg custom port files (master...vcpkg-ports) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17991
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 1 commit to 0.19: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/4cf73504220e...1299a1a11f9b
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.19 1299a1a Wladimir J. van der Laan: qt: Translations update pre-rc1
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to 0.19: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/1299a1a11f9b...1b0afb71a2ad
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.19 c3cb602 Wladimir J. van der Laan: build: Bump version to 0.19.1rc1
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.19 1b0afb7 Wladimir J. van der Laan: doc: Manpage updates for 0.19.1rc1
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] darosior opened pull request #17992: Correct a small typo in help / manpage (master...typo) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17992
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/7a311fa54a93...fe3b58b95955
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 2fa8dc5 darosior: src/init: correct a typo
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master fe3b58b Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #17992: doc: Correct a small typo in help / manpage
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #17992: doc: Correct a small typo in help / manpage (master...typo) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17992
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] furszy opened pull request #17993: gui: Avoid redundant cs_main locks in balance polling. (master...2020_avoid_unnecessary_lock_in_balance_polling) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17993
< emilengler> no meeting today?
< wumpus> #startmeeting
< lightningbot> Meeting started Thu Jan 23 19:02:42 2020 UTC. The chair is wumpus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
< lightningbot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
< sipsorcery> hi
< wumpus> #bitcoin-core-dev Meeting: wumpus sipa gmaxwell jonasschnelli morcos luke-jr sdaftuar jtimon cfields petertodd kanzure bluematt instagibbs phantomcircuit codeshark michagogo marcofalke paveljanik NicolasDorier jl2012 achow101 meshcollider jnewbery maaku fanquake promag provoostenator aj Chris_Stewart_5 dongcarl gwillen jamesob ken281221 ryanofsky gleb moneyball kvaciral ariard digi_james amiti fjahr
< wumpus> jeremyrubin lightlike emilengler jonatack hebasto jb55
< emilengler> hi
< achow101> hi
< hebasto> hi
< amiti> hi
< jonatack> hi
< fjahr> hi
< gwillen> hi
< wumpus> any last minute suggestions?
< sipa> hi
< emilengler> wumpus: yes
< emilengler> let me find just find the PR number
< wumpus> PSA: we're planning to tag the 0.19.1 rc1 right after the meeting, after merging the final backports (#17988)
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17988 | [0.19] Final backports for 0.19.1 by fanquake . Pull Request #17988 . bitcoin/bitcoin . GitHub
< emilengler> There we go, #17453
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17453 | gui: Fix intro dialog labels when the prune button is toggled by hebasto . Pull Request #17453 . bitcoin/bitcoin . GitHub
< wumpus> anything specific you'd like to discuss about that?
< emilengler> It isn't that important and also probably too late but I think this PR should get into the code sooner or later
< wumpus> ohh just a review beg :D
< emilengler> It was already said some time ago that it should get into 0.19.1
< emilengler> I was more asking what's the current state of it
< wumpus> ok, looks like it has some ACKs, should me merged soon, but I guess it's too late for 0.19.1
< hebasto> I'd rather wait for jonasschnelli's ACK
< wumpus> it should have had a 0.19 (backport) label
< wumpus> right
< wumpus> #topic High priority for review
< emilengler> Its predecessor had it (#17035)
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17035 | qt: Fix text display when state of prune button is changed by emilengler . Pull Request #17035 . bitcoin/bitcoin . GitHub
< wumpus> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/8 9 blockers, 6 chasing concept ACK right now
< wumpus> anything to add/remove, or is ready for merge?
< wumpus> #17957 seems pretty close
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17957 | Serialization improvements step 3 (compression.h) by sipa . Pull Request #17957 . bitcoin/bitcoin . GitHub
< wumpus> also #16702
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16702 | p2p: supplying and using asmap to improve IP bucketing in addrman by naumenkogs . Pull Request #16702 . bitcoin/bitcoin . GitHub
< wumpus> though jamesob had some new review comments, I think most of those can be done in follow-up PRs
< wumpus> there's also alredy #17812
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17812 | config, test: asmap functional tests and feature refinements by jonatack . Pull Request #17812 . bitcoin/bitcoin . GitHub
< jonatack> yes - i have some questions on the unit tests to discuss with gleb, and will update the follow-up this weekend
< wumpus> #17737 has one ACK, I've been looking at it and will likely ACK it soon too, but it could use some more review still
< jonatack> (+1 on getting it in soon)
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17737 | Add ChainstateManager, remove BlockManager global by jamesob . Pull Request #17737 . bitcoin/bitcoin . GitHub
< wumpus> jonatack: thanks, yes there's been some more questions about the unit tests, there's some functions (like the interpreter function) that are not tested directly and probably should
< wumpus> then again, this could all be added later, I have the idea it would be good to get the basic functionality in soon so iteration can be quicker
< jamesob> wumpus (and anyone else): thanks for the review
< jonatack> yes, will review https://github.com/sipa/asmap/pull/2 by jamesob
< wumpus> #16974 seems ready for merge
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16974 | Walk pindexBestHeader back to ChainActive().Tip() if it is invalid by TheBlueMatt . Pull Request #16974 . bitcoin/bitcoin . GitHub
< wumpus> lots of (ut)ACKs
< wumpus> #16442 gives me the good old unicorn
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16442 | Serve BIP 157 compact filters by jimpo . Pull Request #16442 . bitcoin/bitcoin . GitHub
< jamesob> re: 16442: I think gleb and ariard have some concept concerns that should be articulated somewhere at some point
< wumpus> ah, works not, that one has a lot of open comments still and no ACKs
< jamesob> the gist of which is, as far as I can tell, that neutrino is sort of useless for lightning because for sybil-resistance, lightning users need to verify all channel openings on-chain, which would result in downloading every incoming block anyway. but this is probably out of scope for this meeting
< wumpus> okay, yes, would be good to discuss concept concerns first before spending a lot of time reviewing code details
< sipa> jamesob: that sounds like a discussion for the ML
< jamesob> agreed
< wumpus> good point
< wumpus> ok then there is fanquake's MacOS toolchain update (#16392) which should be straightforward, but I think it's held up on a non-MacoSX way to extract the SDK, not so much review
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16392 | build: macOS toolchain update by fanquake . Pull Request #16392 . bitcoin/bitcoin . GitHub
< wumpus> #16411 just needs more review
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16411 | BIP-325: Signet support by kallewoof . Pull Request #16411 . bitcoin/bitcoin . GitHub
< wumpus> I think that was all of them
< wumpus> ah no forgot #17261
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17261 | Make ScriptPubKeyMan an actual interface and the wallet to have multiple by achow101 . Pull Request #17261 . bitcoin/bitcoin . GitHub
< instagibbs> that one is getting close hopefully
< wumpus> seems it has ACKs, if my comment isn't really an issue then it can be merged soon
< wumpus> I'm really not sure about non-primitive constants in header files in C++
< wumpus> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17261#pullrequestreview-345490342 this used to be a problem at some point, but maybe not anymore
< wumpus> at least in the rest of our code we define string etc constants in the cpp and only reference them in the header
< achow101> wouldn't a simple test of printing out the memory address of that constant resolve it?
< wumpus> that only proves it for one compiler
< wumpus> or linker
< wumpus> but yeah it's a way...
< wumpus> any other topics?
< kanzure> just another request for topics for upcoming physical meeting
< wumpus> #action send topic suggestions for upcoming physical meeting to kanzure
< kanzure> basically, topics that you would like to hear about or you talk about
< kanzure> not mandatory, but it does help organize and figure out how much stuff is on everyone's minds
< wumpus> #endmeeting
< lightningbot> Meeting ended Thu Jan 23 19:31:01 2020 UTC. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
< hebasto> emilengler: mind adding a commit reference to your ack - https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17453#issuecomment-576402317
< wumpus> going to tag 0.19.1rc1 in a bit
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 commits to 0.19: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/1b0afb71a2ad...178a8346871e
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.19 c8ad23c Karl-Johan Alm: bug-fix macos: give free bytes to F_PREALLOCATE
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.19 daf2fff Karl-Johan Alm: test: add missing #include to fix compiler errors
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.19 178a834 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #17988: [0.19] Final backports for 0.19.1
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #17988: [0.19] Final backports for 0.19.1 (0.19...0-19-1-final-backports) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17988
< MarcoFalke> wumpus: Are you going to create the list of pulls in the release notes?
< MarcoFalke> There was a missing author, which should be added
< MarcoFalke> From the discussion in #17258, mchrostowski should be added
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17258 | Fix issue with conflicted mempool tx in listsinceblock by adamjonas . Pull Request #17258 . bitcoin/bitcoin . GitHub
< wumpus> MarcoFalke: yes, I'm going to--thanks, will keep that in mind
< MarcoFalke> thx
< emilengler> hebasto: Which should I ACK?
< emilengler> I would prefer to ACK a final squashed commit
< emilengler> Thats the reason why I asked for the sqash btw
< emilengler> But otherwise I will ACK HEAD~1
< wumpus> you should always ACK HEAD
< wumpus> at least, the topmost commit, this implies you ACK everything below it too
< jonatack> emilengler: review locally (not on GitHub, use it only for reading/writing comments) which makes it easy to simply use the topmost (HEAD) commit hash in the PR branch you pulled locally, for the ack commit
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed tag v0.19.1rc1: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/v0.19.1rc1
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] dongcarl closed pull request #16519: guix: Change manifest to use channels and inferiors (master...2019-06-guix-channels-and-inferiors) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/16519
< fanquake> wumpus #16392 mostly held up by getting the 10.14 SDK up somewhere for Travis and the gitian build bot
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/16392 | build: macOS toolchain update by fanquake . Pull Request #16392 . bitcoin/bitcoin . GitHub
< fanquake> The non-macOS extraction works, but is just a bit of a mess around. Obviously getting the SDK not necessarily straight forward either.