< luke-jr> * [new tag] v0.19.0.1.knots20200104 -> v0.19.0.1.knots20200104
< luke-jr> gitian builds please
< fanquake> promag hebasto It's unclear from your comments what is supposedly broken or not.
< fanquake> wumpus / sipa can you block somsakpanom
< sipa> fanquake: can't right now
< sipa> fanquake: done
< fanquake> sipa thanks
< fanquake> kanzure: potential Core Dev topic: "Repos & Packaging". I have been looking at various repos / package managers, their versions of bitcoin-core, and the way in which they distribute it, and it's all over the place.
< fanquake> For example: macports currently distributes 0.17.1 and configures with --disable-hardening...
< fanquake> It's been that way since they updated to 0.15.1, and was merged without question in https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/1268
< luke-jr> hebasto: ping
< fanquake> hebasto: right. So can you open a PR to revert/fix. Explaining why the code wasn't actually dead, and ping everyone that ACK'd the changes in 17943. Would also like to know why promag thinks the other code is broken.
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] kirankashyap opened pull request #17964: Improve contibutor doc formatting and readability (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17964
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #17965: qt: Revert changes of pr17943 (master...20200119-revert17943) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17965
< hebasto> fanquake: done
< fanquake> hebasto: great, thanks. I've pinged all the reviewers.
< hebasto> fanquake: sorry for a bug
< fanquake> hebasto: No worries, it happens. It slipped past 3 reviewers as well.
< hebasto> The code with QMetaObject::invokeMethod() is too brittle.
< elichai2> I wonder how this performs against `prevector` https://github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm/blob/master/include/llvm/ADT/SmallVector.h
< elichai2> (llvm is saying they even prefer that when N=0 to std::vector https://llvm.org/docs/ProgrammersManual.html#llvm-adt-smallvector-h)
< kanzure> fanquake: added
< emilengler> Can someone remove the "Waiting for Author" label in #17950?
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17950 | gui: Check the strength of an encryption password by emilengler . Pull Request #17950 . bitcoin/bitcoin . GitHub
< jeremyrubin> Maybe best to ask fanquake to see if your recent push has satisfied what he added it for. Personally it looks like you could due to follow up with a comment on if you've re-thought through the password policy per your convo with sipa
< jeremyrubin> Cool patch idea btw tho :)
< emilengler> jeremyrubin: thanks :)
< emilengler> I thought the waiting for author means that the author is inactive or something like it...
< jeremyrubin> I think it just means that you have some work to do before further review is needed; which is the work you told sipa you'd do
< jeremyrubin> I could be off though, but if it were truly inactive usualy it's either closed or marked up for grabs or something
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #17966: qt, refactor: Optimize signal-slot connections logic (master...20200119-gui-walletframe) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17966
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto closed pull request #17966: qt, refactor: Optimize signal-slot connections logic (master...20200119-gui-walletframe) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17966
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto reopened pull request #17966: qt, refactor: Optimize signal-slot connections logic (master...20200119-gui-walletframe) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17966
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto closed pull request #17500: refactor, qt: Nuke walletframe circular dependency (master...20191117-nuke-circular) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17500
< jeremyrubin> hebasto: FYI I've added the circular dependency removal to https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/projects/14 -- I'm trying to use that project as a way to coordinate some of the outstanding changes/planned changes to the mempool
< hebasto> jeremyrubin: thanks
< jeremyrubin> I'll be keeping an eye out for a good window to merge it that won't conflict with other pending-PR work/outstanding PR-work on those main feature tracks and will ping you then :)
< jeremyrubin> (I don't have merge permissions, but am trying to steward some of these changes for the time being)
< luke-jr> sipa: you didn't rename the bip files ;)
< luke-jr> sipa: can you unsquash the lint change too?
< sipa> luke-jr: huh
< sipa> must have been lost in rebase
< luke-jr> fwiw, I'm fine with resolving simple conflicts in merges (no need to rebase usually)
< sipa> luke-jr: the bip-schnorr branch where we've been working on the document has 100+ commits
< luke-jr> sipa: directories need renaming too
< luke-jr> heh
< luke-jr> tbh probably better to keep the history
< sipa> no need for all of those to end up in the main repo
< luke-jr> git log --first-parent works if people don't like to see it
< sipa> all fixed now
< sipa> i don't feel like rebasing all of the pre-publishing history
< luke-jr> sipa: would it bother you if I did it?
< sipa> if you insist, let me try
< sipa> luke-jr: 162 commits :)
< sipa> luke-jr: needs some editorial fixes still
< fanquake> emilengler Yep, Jeremy is correct.