< fanquake> sipsorcery: can you backport whichever commits are required to fix appveyor to the 0.19 branch. By the looks it'll be vcpkg related. We are missing boost thread.
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake opened pull request #17863: scripts: Add MACHO dylib checks to symbol-check.py (master...add_macos_dylib_checks) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17863
< * luke-jr> looks funny at kallewoof
< * kallewoof> questionface
< luke-jr> kallewoof: does this even compile? won't it ruin the result in any case?
< luke-jr> not sure why it was added in the force-push
< kallewoof> ./configure takes like 5 minutes for me but i'll get back to you.
< luke-jr> kallewoof: did you add it intentionally, or is it an accident?
< luke-jr> the assert_approx commit looks no good too :x
< gwillen> that will compile but not without warnings, it will shadow the parameter
< gwillen> it is definitely also wrong
< kallewoof> Oh, I see what's going on now
< luke-jr> at first I was confused by it, but after the assert_approx thing I'm pretty sure it was a mis-rebase
< kallewoof> Yeah
< kallewoof> I missed that result was added as a parameter. It usde to be returned
< kallewoof> I think. Now I'm not even sure about that.
< gwillen> does seem like it came back in a bad rebase or merge, yeah
< kallewoof> Yep!
< kallewoof> To clarify, *I* did a bad rebase in my PR which got old code back that was not supposed to be there. All fixed, thanks for pointing it out @luke-jr
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] charlesrocket opened pull request #17865: scripts: Add system notice for prior signing functions in gitan-build.py (master...system_notice-gitian) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17865
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/816464198c34...9a4cc52d734d
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 19267cb Hennadii Stepanov: doc: Add ci prefix to CONTRIBUTING.md
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9a4cc52 fanquake: Merge #17688: doc: Add "ci" prefix to CONTRIBUTING.md
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #17688: doc: Add "ci" prefix to CONTRIBUTING.md (master...patch-1) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17688
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/9a4cc52d734d...392edbd49abe
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 0661a3c Hennadii Stepanov: build: Add default configure cache to .gitignore
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 392edbd fanquake: Merge #17817: build: Add default configure cache file to .gitignore
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #17817: build: Add default configure cache file to .gitignore (master...20191228-gitignore-configure-cache) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17817
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #17865: scripts: Add system notice prior signing functions in gitian-build.py (master...system_notice-gitian) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17865
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #17459: Remove redundant NDEBUG preprocessor checks (master...20191112-remove-redundant-ndebug-checks) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17459
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 2 commits to 0.19: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/a284bbbee805...310b29f9c326
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.19 bd8c6f1 Gregory Sanders: Fix origfee return for bumpfee with feerate arg
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.19 310b29f fanquake: Merge #17859: [0.19] Fix origfee return for bumpfee with feerate arg
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #17859: [0.19] Fix origfee return for bumpfee with feerate arg (0.19...fix_bumpfee_uninitread-0.19) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17859
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] darafshi opened pull request #17868: added .vscode/ in .gitignore (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17868
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake closed pull request #17868: added .vscode/ in .gitignore (master...master) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17868
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake pushed 3 commits to 0.19: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/310b29f9c326...febf04841fd9
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.19 5515833 Andrew Chow: Have a PSBTAnalysis state that indicates invalid PSBT
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.19 ca5f8de Andrew Chow: Mark PSBTs spending unspendable outputs as invalid in analysis
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/0.19 febf048 fanquake: Merge #17853: [0.19] psbt: handle unspendable psbts
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] fanquake merged pull request #17853: [0.19] psbt: handle unspendable psbts (0.19...fix_unspendable_psbt-0.19) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17853
< Kiminuo> https://github.com/nopara73/ZeroLink#chaumian-coinjoin - Could anyone explain to me what that "blinded output" is?
< harding> Kiminuo: this channel is for development of the Bitcoin Core software. I don't think Wasabi has a channel, but you can ask general Bitcoin questions in #bitcoin or on https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/
< Kiminuo> harding, ok, thank you, will do
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] hebasto opened pull request #17869: refactor: Remove unused defines in bitcoinunits.h (master...20200104-refactor-bitcoinunits) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17869
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj pushed 3 commits to master: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/compare/392edbd49abe...593f5e239f27
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master ca33451 Pieter Wuille: Introduce new serialization macros without casts
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 9250a08 Pieter Wuille: Convert addrdb/addrman to new serialization
< bitcoin-git> bitcoin/master 593f5e2 Wladimir J. van der Laan: Merge #17850: Serialization improvements (minimal initial commits)
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj merged pull request #17850: Serialization improvements (minimal initial commits) (master...202001_noncastserial) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17850
< sipa> that was fast
< wumpus> not affecting consensus code kind of helps
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] laanwj closed pull request #17385: WIP: refactor: Use our own integer parsing/formatting everywhere (master...2019_11_integer_parsing) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17385
< emilengler> Can someone remove the "Waiting for author" label on #17830? I'm working on this rn
< gribble> https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/17830 | test: Add test to detect wrong file permissions by emilengler . Pull Request #17830 . bitcoin/bitcoin . GitHub
< bitcoin-git> [bitcoin] emilengler closed pull request #17830: lint: Add linter to detect wrong file permissions (master...2019-12-test-file-permissions) https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/17830
< hebasto> dongcarl: are you around?
< wumpus> hebasto: not sure why it's down? pierre_rochard runs that site
< pierre_rochard> Yes, I decided to sunset it, sorry I should've put a placeholder page up saying as much
< wumpus> oh, why?
< luke-jr> :/
< wumpus> it was very useful
< hebasto> indeed
< wumpus> even the github https://github.com/PierreRochard/bitcoin-acks is gone
< wumpus> would have been useful to keep that so that we can host it somewhere else
< pierre_rochard> wumpus it wasn't scratching my own itch anymore and it was another item on my list of things to maintain
< wumpus> yes I understand
< wumpus> it's okay thanks for creating it and hosting it for when you did
< pierre_rochard> I brought the github back and merged docker-compose support in which should make hosting easier if anyone wants to take it over, happy to transfer the domain as well. Sorry I should have asked folks here first, I didn't realize it still had users.
< wumpus> pierre_rochard: does this affect the bitcoinmerges twitter bot as well? I vaguely remember there was some overlap in code
< wumpus> thanks!
< pierre_rochard> bitcoinmerges is still ticking, though happy to transfer it as well
< wumpus> seems you're doing a better job keeping it running than me with https://x0f.org/@bitcoinmerges :$
< wumpus> no idea what happened there, though no one told me it was stuck for months
< emzy> If no one else would like to run it. I coul'd run it.
< wumpus> resurrecting the mastodon bot; look like the script watching for github events was hanging for some reason
< jb55> I could run it as well if needed
< ekkis> hello everyone. I have taken the private key from an Edge wallet and am trying to get a balance from it programatically
< ekkis> usually I would take a BIP39 seed phrase and convert it to a BIP32 root but in this case I don't know what format the key is in
< ekkis> when I convert BIP39 mnemonics to seeds I get 128 hex characters but the key I got from Edge is only 65 chars
< ekkis> I've tried converting it to the a hex buffer and the bip32.fromSeed() seems to accept it but I'm not sure it's correct as I'm generating addresses for the wallet and none of them seem to match the one I'm shown on the app
< ekkis> I'm also uncertain as to the derivation path I should be using. I've tried m/0' m/44' and m/49' with no luck. I'm pretty sure this wallet support segwit so I'm guessing m/49'/0'/0'/0 is correct. can anyone confirm?
< sipa> ekkis: this seems unrelated to Bitcoin Core
< ekkis> ok. that's quite possible. I'm not sure I know what bitcoin core is
< gwillen> ekkis: I can probably help you with this, I'm not sure where the best place for that would be
< ekkis> I'm merely trying to read the bitcoin balance on my Edge wallet
< gwillen> but Bitcoin Core is a specific wallet, and this channel is for development on it, so not here
< ekkis> ah
< gwillen> okay great, I will go give an answer there, give me a bit to work on it
< ekkis> what would you recommend?
< ekkis> sure. that would be awesome
< gwillen> possibly #bitcoin, although it can be noisy
< ekkis> yes, it didn't have the word "dev" so I figured it's just chatter
< gwillen> it's a mixture of chatter and technical help
< gwillen> but I'm happy to help you there and it's fairly quiet now
< ekkis> we can also chat privately. you can PM me
< ekkis> that way we're not off topic here
< gwillen> ok, will do -- for the record I normally disrecommend accepting offers of help in PM because people often get scammed that way, which is why I didn't offer
< ekkis> oh
< ekkis> you're concerned I may scam you?
< gwillen> ha no, people _offering_ help via PM are often scammers
< sipa> ekkis: no, he's saying that you shouldn't trust anyone who wants to talk to you in OM, because they may scam you
< sipa> *DM
< ekkis> ah
< gwillen> so I did not want to offer, because it encourages the practice
< luke-jr> people talking outside PM may try to scam too
< sipa> (it is so commom that this is a legitimate concern)
< ekkis> I've been scammed before. it hurt
< fanquake> sipa / wumpus can you block johnson73A from GH
< wumpus> sure
< wumpus> done
< fanquake> thanks